16.12.2010 - Canberra, Australia

hahninator

Linkin Park ends their 2010 Australian Tour today in Canberra, Australia at the AIS Arena. The band has never performed in Canberra before, and this show was actually the most recently added show to the tour, being added only several weeks ago.

On this tour, the band has played several different setlists (debuting a new one entirely) and debuted several new songs off of "A Thousand Suns": 'Burning In The Skies' and 'Blackout'. Which one of these debuts was your favorite?

Here's a video of 'Blackout' from Sydney last night with Chester talking about the crowd beforehand:

Any expectations for the last show? It seems Jay-Z never made that special guest appearance we were all hoping for, but oh well, maybe in 2011! Or....the band could grab him for tonight? Haha. The band kicks off the North American Tour in Sunrise, FL (see you guys then!) on January 20, 2011 for the first run of shows in the new year.

Who's going to Canberra? Last show of the tour guys! Australian Tour recap post coming shortly! And some interviews to keep us tamed until the North American Tour as well....stay tuned! DSP's for this tour should be rolling out shortly. It sucks this is the last preshow post for 2010, but there's PLENTY more to come just next month!

What have you guys thought about the tour up until this point? Pleased? Not happy? Let us hear it!

EDIT: kurtis912 is providing setlist updates via Twitter here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches & Kings

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. No More Sorrow

07. From The Inside

08. Jornada Del Muerto

09. Waiting For The End

10. Blackout

11. Numb

12. The Radiance (Live Version)

13. Burning In The Skies

14. Fallout

15. The Catalyst

16. Shadow Of The Day

17. In The End

18. Bleed It Out (w/ APFMH bridge + drum solo + singalong)

---------------------

19. Empty Spaces

20. When They Come For Me

21. Crawling

22. New Divide

23. Faint

24. One Step Closer

Small show! Only about 3,000 people in attendance!

Setlist pic: http://yfrog.com/h23u3gj

What a great tour this has been so far, from everything starting in Argentina to now. DSP's have been awesome.

QFT.

World Tour is kicking ass. LP is rocking. I'm glad we're getting DSPs for all the shows! BITS/Blackout debut on this tour along with that new setlist have been NICE. They could have done the same set for all Aussie shows but they swapped it up pretty nicely.

Yeah, this tour is fucking awesome. I'm glad

that I was able to see the amazing "LP 2010" twice in germany.

Very good setlists, beautiful people at the shows and the band with so much fun

I was at my first lpu m&g.

I only say one thing: LP live 2011 in europe/ germany - I'm coming

It has been a great tour so far, can't wait to see what they planned for the 2011 tour. The Australian tour has been awesome, its sad that they will be leaving the country soon :( . Come back to Australia soon LP, we love you guys down here.

Hey guys, i'm a little bit off-topic but i've a question : What is the "NOBRAIN THING" on When They Come For Me written on the setlist ?

NoBrain won the Catalyst remix contest and added some stuff to the studio version of WTCFM in the outro. But I don't know what's different about WTCFM studio versus live version that would make them add that note. I don't understand either :/

NoBrain won the Catalyst remix contest and added some stuff to the studio version of WTCFM in the outro. But I don't know what's different about WTCFM studio versus live version that would make them add that note. I don't understand either :/

Yeah, I really don't hear anything different either. I've noticed the setlists with the notes written on them always seem to be in Mike's handwriting though, so I'm guessing they're notes he makes for himself. Maybe the "NoBrain thing" is just a sample that Mike needs to trigger during the outro that he forgot to do at a show or two, so he writes it on there to make sure he remembers it.

My two cents....I don't think the new songs translate well to the live show, with the exceptions being WFTE and Wretches. It just seems weird to me, to see Brad and Chester wacking some drums in the front of the stage. It's like they want to prove that the album is really them playing instruments and not all electronics. That said, it's still a solid set list and I'm looking forward to MSG.

My two cents....I don't think the new songs translate well to the live show, with the exceptions being WFTE and Wretches. It just seems weird to me, to see Brad and Chester wacking some drums in the front of the stage. It's like they want to prove that the album is really them playing instruments and not all electronics. That said, it's still a solid set list and I'm looking forward to MSG.

projecting much... <_<

Wretches

Blackout

Lying

Papercut

WTCFM

POA with Bloc Party :D Omfg

I just jizzed in my pants :D

bloc party over POA is fucking epic, was at the MSG show back in 2008 (also with jay-z making an appearance) when they did it. POA with a fort minor intro and outro (there they go) was awesome when they did it... who knows, maybe they'll bring it back on the US tour if they mix-n-match the setlists a little bit?

wish wish wish i was going to this show :( instead im back busting my @$$ off at work... boohoo!

kurtis is on the ball though so i expect we'll be seeing tweets fly through quickly - just remember to enjoy the show as well though dude! (a few times i was getting far too caught up in my phone rather than watching the show!)