16.12.2010 - Canberra, Australia

hahninator

Best tour so far as visuals go

Set list could change up a little

Happy i went to both Melbourne shows and got to see the debuet of Blackout

Only thing i didn't like was the fact that everyone i've talked to who signed up for the M&G in Melbourne that put that they have attented a M&G before didn't get one...like fuck come on, no points for honesty i guess.

But then going to Muse and getting 2 picks and a setlist made up for it i guess (and yes i think Muse is better live than LP sorry guys)

Same setlist as last show:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches and Kings

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. No More Sorrow

07. From The Inside

08. Jornada Del Muerto

09. Waiting For The End

10. Blackout

11. Numb

12. The Radiance

13. Burning In The Skies

14. Fallout

15. The Catalyst

16. Shadow Of The Day

17. In The End

Further info: "Very small show tonight.. Talking to venue staff who said about 3000 tix sold.. Poor effort canberra!"

Source: kurtis912 - Twitter

Best tour so far as visuals go

Set list could change up a little

Happy i went to both Melbourne shows and got to see the debuet of Blackout

Only thing i didn't like was the fact that everyone i've talked to who signed up for the M&G in Melbourne that put that they have attented a M&G before didn't get one...like fuck come on, no points for honesty i guess.

But then going to Muse and getting 2 picks and a setlist made up for it i guess (and yes i think Muse is better live than LP sorry guys)

I didn't do one of those email things to say I'd been last time, just clicked on the I'm going when I had tickets, but that was when I knew how to login to Lpu, I have no idea with lpux, lucky so I got selected for this time again so I'm assuming you or others

sent an email the new way? Sucks ;s

I was at sydney night 2. The best live song was easily Blackout. It is truly menacing live. Also I have so much more respect for Chester. He literally sprints around jumping while singing/screaming. It is amazing. Watching YouTube does not give Chester justice.

Also the atmosphere during numb, in the end, new divide, what ive done, bleed it out, faint and one step closer is incredible. 12, 000 people jumping and singing in the arena.

Anyway that was my first concert so happy it was linkin park.

Ps the last 2 dead letter circus songs aren't bad.

Hey everyone just a recap on the first ever Canberra show!

Meet and greet was in a very small room under the basketball stadium. About 25 of us there but thank God I was less shellshocked than yesterday that I could communicate to the band more! I shook Chesters hand and thanked him for bringing the summit to Aus. I asked Joe if he was going to do more art today (as the guy in front of me got some art on his tour promo book at the summit) and he drew a pic for me whilst holding up the line! Mike also drew one of his trademark pics and flashed his smile (which is so amazing and genuine)!! We had a group photo and concert time. The Canberra crowd was only about 3000 (I doubt LP will come back) but the concert was all class. Chester really busted it out in Blackout! and the place went nuts for Numb, In The End, Bleed It Out, Faint and One Step Closer! At times Brad and Joe seemed on autopilot but they did still joke around together and saluted the crowd.

One highlight is during Faint I saw one of the techies in the crowd talking to a girl and I recognised him so I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. He was trying to figue out who I was and I showed him my M&G pass and he handed me a drumstick from his pocket! And then after the concert when the set was being taken down he pulled off a setlist and frisbeed it. It swirled around me and went on the floor so I just pancaked on it and had it secure! Sadly, I don't remember his name but he is the bloke who wore a singlet yesterday and today, curly hair, and a bandana. I don't remember his name but if I could sincerely thank him I would! I did however thank Pooch in the mix after for a great tour and the night was over.

Great Tour, Great Band, BEST EVER!!!

AIS Arena has a capacity of 5,2k so it wasn't that empty. Guess the ticket prices were really high?

Yes AIS does have that capacity but the stage was quiet far forward on the arena floor to make the venue look fuller. You could easily tell there was more room backstage.

One thing to note from the show is the band did quiet a long encore break (twice as long as Sydney). Maybe to try and get the small crowd to actually use some voice!

One highlight is during Faint I saw one of the techies in the crowd talking to a girl and I recognised him so I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. He was trying to figue out who I was and I showed him my M&G pass and he handed me a drumstick from his pocket! And then after the concert when the set was being taken down he pulled off a setlist and frisbeed it. It swirled around me and went on the floor so I just pancaked on it and had it secure! Sadly, I don't remember his name but he is the bloke who wore a singlet yesterday and today, curly hair, and a bandana. I don't remember his name but if I could sincerely thank him I would! I did however thank Pooch in the mix after for a great tour and the night was over.

Great Tour, Great Band, BEST EVER!!!

maurice? dude with the epic sock collection? haha

maurice? dude with the epic sock collection? haha

This is Maurice on the right.

Posted Image

Edited by Pez

I still don't get why The Radiance isn't included on the set pages. LP puts it on the setlist even. The Wretches intro is The Radiance with a different speech.

The Radiance has been included in every set page since Argentina, so I'm not sure why you say that.

The background instrumental to the Savio Wretches intro is from The Radiance. That's why it has "Speech Scratch Intro". On our listing of intros/outros that I'm working on, it will say that part of The Radiance instrumental is used on the Savio WAK intro.

LP plays The Radiance in the middle of the set, but it's different, which is why we have (Live Version) attached to it. Mike does the Catalyst vox and plays keyboard over the speech from The Radiance. Listing The Radiance twice would be stupid. We list the actual performance of the song in the middle of the set (although it's a lot different, which is why we say Live Version).

Hope this clears your confusion up.

I meant The Radiance at the beginning of the show (after The Requiem). I wasn't referring to the piano version.

I guess it's not that big a deal though.

After The Requiem, the Wretches & King speech intro is played over the instrumental to The Radiance, which is exactly what I said. We don't list that because it's just the instrumental. The speech scratch intro when it's defined on the site will list that on it.

We only list The Radiance in the middle because that's where the speech is at from the song.