07.11.2010 - Madrid, Spain

hahninator

Glitz and glam doesn't make a show better for me... The energy and the music do.

Production definitely heightens it for me but energy and music are very important. I'd say it's all about equal to me. Production, energy of the band/crowd, actual musical performance (songs included in set goes with that). Muse brings it all in my opinion but goes well above and beyond in the production department. LP has great energy, great music, great crowds...Muse incorporates all of that with epic production so that's why they win in my book.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god... I just saw the New Divide proshot... wtf was that?

I understand they've been touring, so yes, wear and tear of the voice is understandable. Maybe a few shakey notes or the voice thinning out.

But Mike is just singing way too loud on the first chorus (I believe) and second verse. And it's not even singing too loud, it's not needed and it's completely off key. When it comes to harmonizing, the slightest note could make it sound completely dissonant. :blink: He's really trying too hard to sing... Chester's the singer so let him do his part.

Not hating (sort of) just saying.

EDIT:

/rant over... needed that off my chest xD

Edited by jessiexo

Just watching The Reqium and W&K, I think those Vocals are live! Certainly sounds like it. Interesting.

Also What Proshots are there?

Ive Seen

Requiem/W&K

New Divide

Papercut

Waiting For the End.

Im prayingggggg theres a WTCFM proshot :P

Edited by Pez

Assuming you're referring to The Requiem here. The vocals are clearly live, you can actually hear Mike struggle with a couple of notes.

My apologizes. That was a typo. I was ment to say I Think there live.

Assuming you're referring to The Requiem here. The vocals are clearly live, you can actually hear Mike struggle with a couple of notes.

Are you serious?

Requiem = not live.

It doesn't sound like the studio version, that I'm sure of. The "female" voice is louder than the rest of the "Ooh" vocals in the mix. Then when it gets to the first "sins of our hand", you can hear the wobble like someone straining to hit the note. Then the voice drops in volume for the next line. This is the first live recording I've heard where it clearly sounds different from the album version (keeping in mind everything but the female vocals are the studio recording played at a higher pitch).

confirmed from setlist.fm the setlist was:

The Requiem

Wretches and Kings

Papercut

New Divide

Faint (Extended Outro)

When They Come for Me (Empty Spaces Intro)

Waiting For The End

Wisdom, Justice, and Love

Iridescent

Numb

The Radiance

Breaking The Habit (Acapella Outro)

Shadow Of The Day

Fallout

The Catalyst

The Messenger

In The End

What I've Done

Bleed It Out (w/A Place for my Head verse and bridge)

They played some very cool setlist imo, especially for a crowd like that

Off topic, I though your name was Snookie for a second. You were about to lose Pez Points just then my friend if that was real.