07.11.2010 - Madrid, Spain

hahninator

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't sing it live...that's the studio version of The Requiem playing over the speakers. It's basically a bad mix so you hear more of the vocals than normal (see: getting close to an a cappella of it).

Erm..you can hear him taking breath on the harmonies, at some points when he was singing the catalyst v2 part, he was a bit off the pitch, at other point he sang while his breath was just about to end and etc.

(listen carefully when he sings the first sins of OUR HAND)

...although i cannot see him on the stage when he is supossed to sing..

Don't tell me that he recorded the vocal part earlier...

sorry if you don't understand me, english is not my nature language..

Edited by feelthless

21 fucking gb for one show? WHAT? lol

Erm..you can hear him taking breath on the harmonies, at some points when he was singing the catalyst v2 part, he was a bit off the pitch, at other point he sang while his breath was just about to end and etc.

(listen carefully when he sings the first sins of OUR HAND)

...although i cannot see him on the stage when he is supossed to sing..

Don't tell me that he recorded the vocal part earlier...

sorry if you don't understand me, english is not my nature language..

I just relistened to it. It's playing the studio vocals. Mike isn't anywhere on stage. For Requiem in Buenos Aires and every show since then, he hasn't been on stage and they've just played a version of Requiem for the live show (it's slightly different than the album version so I can't call it that, but it's a live remix in a sense). He doesn't do vocals on this live anymore. NYC was the first and last time. Maybe you can hear him take a breath but I'm sure that was how he did it in the studio lol. He most definitely recorded that in the studio and that's what they are playing over the PA. I can get confirmation on that too if you want me to.

21 GB?

I would have to download 6 days! nonstop (45 kb/s)... that's too big ^^

btw. (dunno if someone posted that before)

"an edited, performance-heavy version will be broadcast Friday, November 12, at 9 p.m. ET on MTV."

source: MTV.com

Edited by wiiesel

Keep in mind, LP's on-stage setlist doesn't list Empty Spaces or The Radiance, so they only have 23 songs listed normally. If they dropped OSC, Crawling, Given Up, and NMS, their on-stage setlist would then have 19 songs on it.

Instead of relying on opinions, I think it'd be more effective to point out that Matt Bellamy pretty much hits every note he sings perfectly every single night on stage. Muse makes far fewer mistakes on stage than LP does (even on their best nights), and their stage setup/light show is far more elaborate.

I think judging the quality of a live band should be based on 1) how well they perform their material, and 2) how much the theatrical aspects of their performances set them apart from other bands. Muse easily trumps LP in both categories.

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot, we have to blindly believe that OMGZ LP IS DA BEST BAND AT EVERYTHING EVER! Sorry that some people refuse to turn a blind eye to the fact that there are bands out there that do certain things better than LP.

This "any band that beats LP for an award sucks ass!" attitude displayed by you and so many other people makes me laugh my ass off every time. :lol: I guarantee you'd be talking shit about Kings of Leon or Ozzy if they had won too.

It's equally as stupid and pointless to expect anything less from an LP fan forum none the less. Like what else do you seriously expect?

The vocals on requim are reallyyyyy different to the studio. You can hear whoever it is struggle to hit the note. Those are defiantly not the studio vocals. As for DSPs tho, there not live. Kinda weird how he does it at one show and not the others.

"think it'd be more effective to point out that Matt Bellamy pretty much hits every note he sings perfectly every single night on stage."

Well does Matt Bellamy jump and run as much as Chester when onstage?? Does he both sing and scream??

"think it'd be more effective to point out that Matt Bellamy pretty much hits every note he sings perfectly every single night on stage."

Well does Matt Bellamy jump and run as much as Chester when onstage?? Does he both sing and scream??

This! I think Matt is a great singer with a unique voice but him and Chester are too different to bother comparing on any equal level.

• 1 month later...