'Reading My Eyes' Returns

hahninator

Could you guys stop doing this? Stop asking them to do these songs or those songs, please. There are plenty of new songs. This makes me sick.

They've given the new album a near full performance on this tour. 30 seconds for a small bit of an old song makes you sick? Come on, man.

Somebody issue a diva alert for Chazzy Chaz. Teamwork is great, but a 5-1 vote shouldn't go in Chester's favor, especially when the request comes from a LPU/Street Team/Fan site member.

Great job with the RME history lesson, Hahninator :)

In most cases, I'd agree with you, but Chester had no creative process in that song. I think it's somewhat understandable that he'd not want to play it. On the other hand, he seems like he doesn't want to play anything old (didn't Mike say he's down but "some members" object?). He did also cut into LPs encore with DBS. But I'm in nitpicking territory now.

Kudos for any nod to old songs and Mike's willingness to shake things up.

I just imagined Chester singing/rapping the first verse and then screaming the chorus of Blackout after BIO bridge. It sounded good in my mind.

This should happen.

Could you guys stop doing this? Stop asking them to do these songs or those songs, please. There are plenty of new songs. This makes me sick.

LOL. What the fuck?

Hell yeah, almost the entire album except for 3 songs is being played live right now. If they play one random song here or there or rap 30 seconds of a verse over this song or that song, what is wrong with that?

You're telling me you didn't enjoy Points Of Authority from 2007 to 2009? Because Mike took requests on what to rap over that. It's how LP works, they take requests and do suggestions from fans. They're creative and like to jam.

In fact, Mike had a tally sheet at the WPB 2007 LPU M&G and asked members what they wanted to hear over POA. Step Up won and he did it at the show. He took a request in Raleigh for Second To None. He's mentioned shit before like "This shit was requested from the LPU", like Athens 09's APFMH over POA. This isn't some burden to them, they actually like to do it or else they'd never try it. Mike even asked on his blog last year what we wanted to hear over POA. So he DEBUTED Dedicated, which hasn't ever been played by LP, and then did Step Up again. RME was actually over POA's outro a second time on that tour after Stuttgart as well.

So no, I will NOT stop asking him to rap this here or rap that there or play this here, etc, because I know they enjoy doing it. We like to see the videos of it, talk about it and grab the DSPs of it. If you don't like it, don't participate, but don't piss on our parade if we're having fun with something.

Great list Hahninator!

RME is such a blast from the past it'll be so refreshing in between all the new songs from ATS. I can't believe some people who object to them playing old or rare stuff live. Sure the majority of concert goers come to see them play the singles and whatnot, but playing something like RME is really special. Its a cult classic, and a perfect song for the hardcore fans that have been following LP since the beginning. Whoever denies us just one song or one 30 second verse can stuff it! No offense. :)

The band could change this into a very cool deal. Instead of the drum solo, they could sample not only APFMH and BITS, but rather both...and then some. Just picture it, the band could sample 5-6 songs in a fast pace matter which would be insane. It could go something like Verse's of RME/Dedicated/Step Up/APFMH then a pause, then BITS, then finish BIO.

I just imagined Chester singing/rapping the first verse and then screaming the chorus of Blackout after BIO bridge. It sounded good in my mind.

Oh snap, I thought the same thing.

I'll make you face ... this ... now

. . .

you've gotta get it inside

You push it back down / You push it back down

No / you'll never get it inside

Push it back down

Black out

Blood in your eye

Peoples, don't suggest stuff that won't actually fit the beat of BIO. RME fits. APFMH fits. Part of Me would work. Hit the Floor would be another that would fit.

QWERTY would have rapped much faster to fit the beat. Step Up would have to be done faster than what is probably possible for Mike.

Edited by Braininator

across the line over Bleed it out

I'll make you face this now......

It's your time

It's your time

It's your time

It's your time!

He's pulling his weapon to his side

Loading it full of his goodbyes

Holding an enemy across the line

or Part of Me over Bleed it out (;

ok verse 1 of Across the line in the intro of BIO....or QWERTY.....or Part of Me....

OR BLACKBIRDS RAP VERSE????????????????????????

"I drop to the floor

Like I did before

Stop watching I'm coughing

I can't be more

What I want what I need

Over constant war

Like a well full of poison

A rotten core

The blood goes thin

The fever stings

And I shake from the hell

That the habits bring

Lay the sick ones down

The bells will ring

Put pennies on the eyes

Let the dead men sing!,,,,,,So Hear we go for the 100th time...etc etc etc... THATS HOT! XD

Edited by LPUemo360

. . .

Standing alone with no direction

How did I fall so far behind?

Why Am I searching for perfection?

Knowing it's something I won't find

I just think it would fit perfectly. Might just be me. lol

im so sorry for dub. post! BUT! this sounds super hot too me xD....might just try it out!

OR BLACKBIRDS RAP VERSE????????????????????????

"I drop to the floor

Like I did before

Stop watching I'm coughing

I can't be more

What I want what I need

Over constant war

Like a well full of poison

A rotten core

The blood goes thin

The fever stings

And I shake from the hell

That the habits bring

Lay the sick ones down

The bells will ring

Put pennies on the eyes

Let the dead men sing!,,,,,,So Hear we go for the 100th time...etc etc etc... THATS HOT! XD

Edited by LPUemo360

Brad could play BIO in one note and have mike rap QWERTY during the intro or bridge that would be cool or have mike sing NRL verse and chorus in the same note and tempo BITS?

Edited by LMK

We already got:

Bleed It Out/There They Go

Bleed It Out/Reading My Eyes

Bleed It Out/Papercut

Bleed It Out/Burnung In The Skies

Bleed It Out/A Place For My Head

I think QWERTY, With You, Hit The Floor or Figure.09 would work as well.

And there's still some stuff I'd love to here over POA like the 2nd verse in Frgt/10, Mike's verse(s) from RTN and We Made It or the rap part in the end of And One.

Edited by ForfeitTheGame91

Hey, about this show:

Later that year, Mike decided to rap verse 1 of 'Reading My Eyes' over the intro of 'Bleed It Out' in Maryland Heights, MO (show page here).

You wrote the DSP for it Exists...Where can i find it? the drum solo + RME is awsome and then i looked at the show page, saw there that they did HHH over KRWLING intro, youtubed it and that's just amazing.

([

[i know it's not the same show])

Thanks!

. . .

This would be great, but I'd love to see the whole song. I mean, Mike's been improving his singing voice anyway, this can't be much harder than what he's doing now.

. . .

no, its not you, the tempo and the melody on that part is quite similar to burning in the skies chorus. so if bits chorus fits, that part from NRL fits too.