Some Facts from the Listening Event

SpikeMinoda

So I'm guessing they will be playing offsite in some other location just like they did when they play BIO a couple years ago (the one with captain retardo timbaland).

No way they'd play more than one song if they were in the main 'awards' location.

P.S. - 'Awards' in is inverted comas because anything MTV related is ridonkulous these days

So I'm guessing they will be playing offsite in some other location just like they did when they play BIO a couple years ago (the one with captain retardo timbaland).

No way they'd play more than one song if they were in the main 'awards' location.

P.S. - 'Awards' in is inverted comas because anything MTV related is ridonkulous these days

It's already confirmed that the filming for the VMA broadcast will take place earlier in the day in a secret outdoor location. The VMAs themselves are taking place at the Nokia Theater.

It's already confirmed that the filming for the VMA broadcast will take place earlier in the day in a secret outdoor location. The VMAs themselves are taking place at the Nokia Theater.

We are also going to be bused into this super secret outdoor stadium in LA ;)

I feel 007 special now. 7 song set gogogogo

Great News !!!

I think they will being releasing at least 3 songs from ATS, The Catalyst, Wretches And Kings and Burning In The Skies + the Interludes like The Requiem and The Radiance as an Intro of Burning In The Skies, and Fallout as and Intro of The Catalyst...

My guess..

WOW. That was pointless.

Wait..guitar part in W&K? I thought that was synth...they could be altering it though...

Chances are the band might alter the whole album. Either that or Brad will chill in the pit and enjoy the show.

Edited by Jack

Chances are the band might alter the whole album. Either that or Brad will chill in the pit and enjoy the show.

Wouldn't surprise me. There were a couple songs during the MTM tour that Joe left the stage for while they were being performed.

And on another note, there's not point to the VMA's anymore. MTV, more like RTV (Reality Television), plays like one music video a month and the show itself has lost all quality to it. I remember Chester saying last year or the year before last that most of the celebrities who attend the show don't even pay attention to acts or the award handouts anymore.

I remember Chester saying last year or the year before last that most of the celebrities who attend the show don't even pay attention to acts or the award handouts anymore.

It's sad. This is what the world has come to.

No Projekt Rev outside = fail :(

Amphitheaters are the worst, most non-nonsensical place to see a rock band...ever. Weather can severely screw with the atmosphere, the stage setup dumbs down production values, and if you don't want a seat you can either pay top dollar for a mini pit out front (great in the heat) or be 73 miles back on the lawn.

At this point, LP should only be in arenas. Their shows are generally high energy and their music lends itself nicely to special visuals, like moving screens, "in the round" seating, etc.

There are a few exceptions, like Red Rocks in Denver, Bank of America Pavilion in Boston, and other places where the scenery makes up for the shortcomings I listed, but there's also dumps like the Comcast Center in Mansfield, stuck right in the middle of nowhere. F that. Bring on arenas.

Amphitheaters are the worst, most non-nonsensical place to see a rock band...ever. Weather can severely screw with the atmosphere, the stage setup dumbs down production values, and if you don't want a seat you can either pay top dollar for a mini pit out front (great in the heat) or be 73 miles back on the lawn.

At this point, LP should only be in arenas. Their shows are generally high energy and their music lends itself nicely to special visuals, like moving screens, "in the round" seating, etc.

There are a few exceptions, like Red Rocks in Denver, Bank of America Pavilion in Boston, and other places where the scenery makes up for the shortcomings I listed, but there's also dumps like the Comcast Center in Mansfield, stuck right in the middle of nowhere. F that. Bring on arenas.

I agree. LP should really only be playing Arena's at this point. I mean cmon, it's Linkin fucking Park. I pretty much agree with this whole post.

But the acoustics are shit in arenas... It's a horrible listening experience...