Road to Revolution release date changed

Astat

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the fuck cares if SIB, Papercut and Points Of Authority aren't with the normal show on the DVD? You can still watch them, so who cares...anyways, what are the special features? Any backstage footage or anything?

Who the fuck cares if SIB, Papercut and Points Of Authority aren't with the normal show on the DVD? You can still watch them, so who cares...anyways, what are the special features? Any backstage footage or anything?

There are no other special features. And we care because it's absolutely FUCKING POINTLESS to cut 3 songs from the show and make it incomplete, then move them to the end of the DVD. Why not just leave the order alone so it all flows together like it's actually, you know...LIVE?

Edited by Astat

There are no other special features.

I was just coming back to edit but then you quoted. :P

Now I'm mad. We were supposed to get extra footage and stuff, not just the three songs that didn't make the final setlist for the DVD. That's not bonus, that should come included with the DVD because those songs were played at Milton Keynes. So stupid. Oh well.

There are no other special features. And we care because it's absolutely FUCKING POINTLESS to cut 3 songs from the show and make it incomplete, then move them to the end of the DVD. Why not just leave the order alone so it all flows together like it's actually, you know...LIVE?

Well maybe u care astat...but i don't, doesn't bother me

I'm still kind of holding out hope that there's some kind of hidden feature somewhere, like on Frat Party. Has anybody actually ripped the DVD to their computer and confirmed that there's no extra chapters in there anywhere?

sorry if u reall like Twilight or think its gona be the best movie ever.... but i hardly think the reason they moved he release up was because of the release of that movie..... maybe if it was like the dark knight but come on.... Twilight?

I'm still kind of holding out hope that there's some kind of hidden feature somewhere, like on Frat Party. Has anybody actually ripped the DVD to their computer and confirmed that there's no extra chapters in there anywhere?

Nope, nothing there.

sorry if u reall like Twilight or think its gona be the best movie ever.... but i hardly think the reason they moved he release up was because of the release of that movie..... maybe if it was like the dark knight but come on.... Twilight?

Noone actually said they really liked Twilight for the record (and I don't, nor will I see it)...it was a theory based on practical business common sense. Like the movie or not, it's huge right now, and if LOATR is in the movie, come Monday, people might come out and say "Oh, I liked that song by Linkin Park, I wanna get this soundtrack now" and well look at that...new releases rack has the soundtrack...and Linkin Park's Road to Revolution and Paramore's CD/DVDs (who also did a song for the movie) sits side by side or in close proximity to it. Mark my words, this is will be seen in stores...if not, I'll be shocked. Point is it's smart marketing decision for Warner if this is the reason and if it's not, it's certainly a perk. The same thing happened after LOATR was on CSI...iTunes sales for it soared in the immediate days following, moving it back in the top 100. Hence, it was a theory....but I disgress...moving on...

I, like several already, also wonder about the hidden features/easter eggs/etc if any...Anybody found anything yet?

The POA video is really amazing, I don't know what it is, something about the colors ...just great to look at. Indeed, every track seems to have its own visual identity, to some extend, due to the lighting and the video wall in the back. Really great! Didn't notice that as much when I saw them live.

I can understand, though, why SIB wasn't put into the "main" set; not a very good peformance by Chester, and the track's audio on the DVD has been heavily altered to make that less obvious ...

Edited by thefly

twilight sucks, i tried to read this book, and was so boring :angry:

i want my 10 minutes back :angry:

and main theme of twilight movie is the worse song ever, will fit much better to evanescence

and i think the emomore dvd will sell more than rtr :(

emomore unfortunelly is more famous than lp between the young puppets from mtv

Edited by BritneySpears

I don't get it. Why would Phoenix say that they were "still working out what the bonus features will be" when the 3 missing tracks is all that's on there in the way of bonuses? What's the point of cutting up the tracklist in the first place if you're including all the songs on the DVD anyway? Oh wait, this is Linkin Park we're talking about here. They think we're all stupid and will twist the meaning of the word "extra" to get away with not including anything on the DVD other than the concert and assume nobody will be wise enough to call them out on it.

And if anybody cares to know, I've started A/B'ing the RTR tracks vs. the MK DSP, and I've already found substantial editing in both From the Inside and No More Sorrow (Mike said that RTR is unedited on Loveline - he lied). OSC and Given Up appear to be unedited though.

Edited by Astat

hm in my opinion the 5.1 audio has strange mastering. For example when they want to let you hear the crowd, you really hear the audio swap from the mics on stage to the mics near the crowd. And one song has a louder audio level than the other + there are no extra's whatsoever (that I know of, except the 3 "extra" tracks).

Still, nice live dvd. The packaging is also beautiful as usual. The cd has a golden look and the dvd is black, both with the front cover logo on the disc.

Alright, i have saw the DVD now complete.In my opinion it's a f**king great live DVD.I put the DVD

in my computer, but there are only 4 Chapters. 1 Main Chapter and the other three are the

missing songs, so i think there is no other content on that DVD..., but anyway it ROCKS heavy ;)

i checked it with DvdRemake and couldn't find anything. Except the video_ts.vob, when you play that apart from the dvd, the main menu plays. After the menu the screen turns black and the screensize changes. Don't know what that is :) probably nothing.

But the live show definitely was great, i agree on that.

Edited by Pytt

i checked it with DvdRemake and couldn't find anything. Except the video_ts.vob, when you play that apart from the dvd, the main menu plays. After the menu the screen turns black and the screensize changes. Don't know what that is :) probably nothing.

Yeah I noticed the same....but also dunno what that is.

Nothing special probably