Road to Revolution release date changed

Astat

The POA video is really amazing, I don't know what it is, something about the colors ...just great to look at. Indeed, every track seems to have its own visual identity, to some extend, due to the lighting and the video wall in the back. Really great! Didn't notice that as much when I saw them live.

I can understand, though, why SIB wasn't put into the "main" set; not a very good peformance by Chester, and the track's audio on the DVD has been heavily altered to make that less obvious ...

Yeah I was really shocked in a positive way about POA. Damn, that performance was amazing. Papercut was just as good as the rest from the first 5 songs. SIB was fucked up by Chester. And I didn't like that song to much since it was overplayed haha.. I have to say that from Lying from You (which is amazing!) the show is 10 times better because of the lights!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the bonus is something like on the Frat Party DVD where you had to do an action at a specific point to get the hidden content. With most Easter Eggs I've encountered those producing the DVD had to give info how to reach the content. Anyway, I can't wait to get my copy!

Perhaps the bonus is something like on the Frat Party DVD where you had to do an action at a specific point to get the hidden content. With most Easter Eggs I've encountered those producing the DVD had to give info how to reach the content. Anyway, I can't wait to get my copy!

You can access the easter eggs on FPATPF without entering those codes or doing those 'special' things.

They put the songs at the end because it was supposed to be a surprise. You have the CD, you watch the DVD and the songs are exactly the same.

Then after the credits, *gasp!* whats this?? there's more?? whoa nice! Papercut and PoA!

That's the effect they were going for. The only issue is that we as LP fans have an entire website dedicated to their live show XD. You can't really have any surprises on a Live DVD when you have absolutely ALL of their live shit compiled into one place.

Many other bands could have gotten away with doing this, and it would have been something cool for the fans. We are disappointing ourselves on this one.

I guess that comes with the territory of having arguably the largest fanbase in the world.

You can access the easter eggs on FPATPF without entering those codes or doing those 'special' things.

It seems I've been doing it the hard way since that's the only way I've ever been able to see my 2 favorite hidden gems on that DVD. :blink: Oh well, back to topic...

And if anybody cares to know, I've started A/B'ing the RTR tracks vs. the MK DSP, and I've already found substantial editing in both From the Inside and No More Sorrow (Mike said that RTR is unedited on Loveline - he lied). OSC and Given Up appear to be unedited though.

That would be fucking idiotic if it's true.

Unless what you're hearing is harmonies which nobody would be able to perform.

But yeah, LP uses a lot of samples, as you know, some of them might be burried at the show and Pooch would dig them up for the DVD.

That's the effect they were going for. The only issue is that we as LP fans have an entire website dedicated to their live show XD. You can't really have any surprises on a Live DVD when you have absolutely ALL of their live shit compiled into one place.

Many other bands could have gotten away with doing this, and it would have been something cool for the fans. We are disappointing ourselves on this one.

Most epic post I've ever seen on LPLive. Holy shit I love it, lol. That is the exact effect I was going for with LPLive.

"Oh well there's an entire website dedicated to just their live show." Amazing.

hm in my opinion the 5.1 audio has strange mastering. For example when they want to let you hear the crowd, you really hear the audio swap from the mics on stage to the mics near the crowd. And one song has a louder audio level than the other + there are no extra's whatsoever (that I know of, except the 3 "extra" tracks).

Still, nice live dvd. The packaging is also beautiful as usual. The cd has a golden look and the dvd is black, both with the front cover logo on the disc.

That seems to be Pooch style, it sounds like this in all the DSP's. It's like he pumps up the volume of the crowd mics to make it much more noticeable. Pretty obvious cause the stage sound from the drums get louder too for that moment.

Dolby Digital is supposed to be dynamic, that's why it's used in the first place. It's not as insanely mastered to the maximum as CD Audio. While the live show itself (in general) the songs indeed have different audio levels. Most of that gets fixed later in the mastering. Songs like PMA piano have of course a lower volume.

The 3 cut out songs are not really hidden, you can easily access them while watching the full show, with jumping to TITLE 2, 3 or 4. You can't call that a Bonus at all imo.

Well, we know too much ^^. It's really hard to satisfy us.

But the setlist was no secret, everyone who was at the show or has the DSP knew the full setlist. What the hell were they thinking to SUPRISE us with those songs. Of course it was a little suprise but not a total bummer. We kind of knew that they will be on the DVD, the question was just where they will be.

There's nothing else besides the three songs cutting stupidly out of the original setlist???

:angry:

Why did Phoenix say they are trying to figure out what bonus they want to put in????

This just make the fans disappointed...........

well, I will still go to buy it since it seems like a good live DVD

Most epic post I've ever seen on LPLive. Holy shit I love it, lol. That is the exact effect I was going for with LPLive.

"Oh well there's an entire website dedicated to just their live show." Amazing.

You definitely shook shit up. B) And I'll be holding you to the "most epic post"ness.

I've watched the DVD three times now and I must say that it's awesome.

The cameras, the sound, the location, the lights...perfect =)

Although I hate Jigga What/Faint I was very surprised. This song is one of the best ones on the DVD, I think^^

The best songs on the DVD are OSC, FTI, Given Up, Lying From You (these lights are so fucking great here...I think it was a good idea moving it down after Given Up because of the darkness), TLTGYA, Jigga What/Faint and POA.

Worth buying ;)

sorry for my bad english^^

Edited by DecanoLP

And if anybody cares to know, I've started A/B'ing the RTR tracks vs. the MK DSP, and I've already found substantial editing in both From the Inside and No More Sorrow (Mike said that RTR is unedited on Loveline - he lied). OSC and Given Up appear to be unedited though.

remember, the DSPs are edited as hell as well... you'd need a bootleg but btw, it's really easy to hear that they totally edited the show and chesters voice and stuff... so your right but you can't really compare it with DSP xP

When I watched the dvd, I didn't notice that their were missing any songs. It came as an enormous surprise that those 3 songs were on the dvd. Good job, Linkin Park.

The crowd on Jigga What/Faint was really amazing, and so was the pit at Points Of Authority outro. Rob's drum solo is so fucking great, the best I've ever heard!

Edited by ChesterLP