"The Catalyst" Video - Aug. 26th

hahninator

Since the single is released on iTunes in Sept for some countries it makes sense to release the video end of August. It might get people hyped up because a lot of casual LP listeners will only know there is a new song if they see the video.

Clearly Medal of Honor trailer held up the music vid release! Lol

I think Phoenix was joking about the elephant, although I really do want to see the elephant raving with glowsticks during the techno sounding parts in 'the Catalyst'

They could shoot the elephant up to space in slow motion during the 'lift me up, let me go' part LMAO.

I think Phoenix was joking about the elephant, although I really do want to see the elephant raving with glowsticks during the techno sounding parts in 'the Catalyst'

They could shoot the elephant up to space in slow motion during the 'lift me up, let me go' part LMAO.

this made me laugh so hard. thank you for making my night.

this made me laugh so hard. thank you for making my night.

Haha I hope everytime you guys listen to 'The Catalyst' you have the crazy image of the raving elephant being blasted off to space!

*evil laugh*

I think the release date is so far later than the single release for a smart reason. I think LP expected the mixed reception and some of the criticisms of "The Catalyst".

I think they might be counting on the song growing on the fans and listeners so that by the time the video is released and in circulation, most of the fans/listeners/initial haters will be full of anticipation and will be singing along; something similar to the MTM era.

I think the release date is so far later than the single release for a smart reason. I think LP expected the mixed reception and some of the criticisms of "The Catalyst".

I think they might be counting on the song growing on the fans and listeners so that by the time the video is released and in circulation, most of the fans/listeners/initial haters will be full of anticipation and will be singing along; something similar to the MTM era.

excellent point. It all depends on how the Catalyst does for the charts. if push comes to shove and it performs poorly we'll have another single out before sept 14th but if it does well which it seems on track to doin' then they are gunna try to keep it's popularity going as long as possible.

I think it will have nothing to do with the song at all. Like, OSC, ITE, LOATR.

well actually, the LOATR video was based on the movie Sunshine, and if you've seen the movie, you'd know that the song makes perfect sense with the concept of the video/movie. just sayin.

anyways, of course everyone wants it earlier. no need to say it. beating a dead horse here.

if only people knew how much time goes into the making of any sort of video, especially music videos.

Edited by dromani22

Check out my fanmade video montage of The Catalyst, named

The Catalyst Concept (music video)

This music video conceptualize some of my personal delirium about the song "The Catalyst" from Linkin Park and their upcoming album A Thousand Suns. I decided tu put on screen my ideas after having seen some video footage from ...

please help share and reach more people if you like it ;)

Edited by lparcshinoda