"The Catalyst" Video - Aug. 26th

hahninator

This should be a pretty interesting video. The elephant photo from Phoenix was probably just to throw people off or was on the set, but wasn't actually apart of the video.

With all of the images we have seen with ATS (Black & White Photos, Skulls, Animals morphed together, and the "chopped up" band shots) the one pic of Chester covered in several colors of paint makes it the most interesting. My best guess is that the video will be in black and white and "chopped up" until the huge "Lift Me Up, Let Me Go" at the end where Mike starts the chant in the background also, and that's when color "explodes" onto the screen and the band gets drenched in colors.

Edited by LPFreak64

I honestly don't expect a spectacular video. Based on the lyrics of the song, I foresee a mix of the New Divide and What I've Done music videos. A blend of nuclear warfare combined with an extremely glitch-filled video screen.

I think the video is far away from the song release 'cause it's still summer and lots of people are on vacation. Releasing the video now would not be good promotion. Releasing the song now was alright. Everyone's got radio everywhere ;)

This should be a pretty interesting video. The elephant photo from Phoenix was probably just to throw people off or was on the set, but wasn't actually apart of the video.

With all of the images we have seen with ATS (Black & White Photos, Skulls, Animals morphed together, and the "chopped up" band shots) the one pic of Chester covered in several colors of paint makes it the most interesting. My best guess is that the video will be in black and white and "chopped up" until the huge "Lift Me Up, Let Me Go" at the end where Mike starts the chant in the background also, and that's when color "explodes" onto the screen and the band gets drenched in colors.

That sounds like quite a good idea. I'm guessing that Is probably not right, but I wish it is

offtopic: where are the LPTV man shouldnt we have a bunch already

on topic: im pretty excited for the video.

Seriously...we have had one LPTV for the new album so far and it was only 2 minutes long. Anyways, I hope the video is released on iTunes the day of it's release, and I can't wait for this video. I think it's going to be really cool. I think it's a little late though...

Its clever from LP to release video at end of August. It kind breaks up the time between the release of The Catalyst and ATS. Gives fans something else to look forward to before ATS takes over the world!

that's a very good point. Ok I take back what I said before :P but i still think it shoulda been another week ahead. that woulda been perfect.

And it's not a bad marketing scheme at all...the CD single comes out the next day. I've always had great respect for LP's marketing dpt. especially the whole twitter-to-free-me thing on the home page. pure genius.

Edited by Cbass

What I think is that they're are trying to spread out the releases just a bit so people won't get tired of the catalyst before the new album. Think about it, if we got the vid next week we'd definitely be tired before Sept. 14. Plus, if the video truly isn't done yet...then it must mean mr.hahn is truly putting some energy into making this video. There's a reason for everything, it isn't just LP or Warner randomly deciding to do something