Brandon Leaves Julien-K

hahninator

The first time I met Fu was at the DBS show in NYC and he was really snobbish to us and pretty much was an asshole. But then like a week later, I saw DBS at Ulalume and I met Fu again and he was really nice and I even got to take a pic with him...

I always thought Brandon was a cool guy, but he's kind of an asshole, actually. At Ulalume, he got mad because I asked if I could take a pic with him because he wanted to watch AFI...a pic only takes like 5 seconds, if that. Idk. I feel like the only members in JK that care are Ryan and Amir. Fuck, Church seems more excited about the new music than any of the members of the band for some reason.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....Church seems more excited about the new music than any of the members of the band for some reason.

Church is excited about all things, everywhere, all of the time.

Or angry; sometimes he's angry about all things, everywhere, all of the time too.

Edited by JaySinkie

Shit day for us JK fans =(

Agree. It's also my bday today so it really sucks. But I would like to say something: it's better for him to leave the band if he doesn't like the direction of the new record of JK than stay on the band & do a music he doesn't like at all.

With Brandon leaving, I really fucking hope Elias doesn't leave. He's my favorite member of Julien-K by far. He's the most down to earth person I have ever met from a band, and I have met a LOT of bands. Plus, he's also an insane drummer and even got asked to join NIN on tour....

Damnnnn, was not expecting this. I'm not entirely sure what to say either, while Fu is a great DJ / Keyboardist, I mean to replace him like that right off the bat without even holding tryouts, I'd like to say that's a bit of a douchy move, but I mean Fu is pretty much family to them, I don't think Brandon would have minded.

I like this idead, Brandon looks like an emo and the band looks like a stupid for me.(with this guy)

Now JK have Personality.

IS JUST ONE OPINION

this post is full of fail -:-

i keep trying to imagine it but i cant see Fu doing all the shit Brandon did live. Brandon was all over the place with the percusision and keyboards. Guess we will see

this post is full of fail -:-

i keep trying to imagine it but i cant see Fu doing all the shit Brandon did live. Brandon was all over the place with the percusision and keyboards. Guess we will see

¬¬

Come on,

I know alot of people that hate this guy, (Brandon)

Why?

His look.

And one important thing in one band is the look, the personality.

IS ONE OPINION

¬¬

Come on,

I know alot of people that hate this guy, (Brandon)

Why?

His look.

And one important thing in one band is the look, the personality.

IS ONE OPINION

i never understood why looks should get in the way of enjoying a band's music. Have you seen the shit Mike & Chester would wear in the early days of LP? I know Chaz wore a boyscout outfit at a show once. Don't type in caps btw. have you ever seen Julien-K live regardless? If you have you dont even have to second guess that Brandon brought a lot to their live show

I'm just fan of Julien K, but i think JK will lose a lot of things without Brandon, great musician and excelent person (for what i have heared) but, Brandon just lose JK.

If Brandon have to leave the band for differences in the music is because the changes are big...

I'm with You Brandon !

Wow that's terrible news for JK and their fans. I did have the pleasure of seeing them on PR07 and from what I remember Brandon, as well as the rest of the band, had good stage presence. Wasn't a big fan of DTA but it did have some stellar tracks. I completely understand his desire to leave due to his unhappiness with the band's musical direction. Creativity is a big factor when it comes to making music, especially with a group. I mean, Chester could have easily left LP for "creative differences" because his early DBS work wasn't getting picked up by the rest of the guys.

Edited by FORTsunrise

I was just going to post it....

Wait, today is not an April's Fool Day... WTF?

Maybe Church was giving them too much alcohol, and Brandon understood that he doesn't want to participate in that, and just left?

To tell the truth - I don't like FU a lot, at least how he looks, Brandon was much better IMO.

Looks should never matter if you like a band IMO. Fu's musical talent and creativity make up for his looks a hundred times!

Brandon must have really hated the music they were making.

He made a tweet a few days ago something along the lines of "I feel like something really good is going to happen soon :) "

To clear this for one last time: Brandon is NOT on Twitter and has NEVER been. Even Amir once tweeted that the bbelsk1 account is NOT Brandon's account. And we asked Brandon at the DBS tour and he also said he was never on Twitter and someone must have pretended to be him. It's also quite obvious because this bbelsk1 guy regularly posts tweets for his zodiac sign Aries, and Brandon is not Aries since he was born in December... *lol*

And it definitely means that he's not in DBS anymore.

How do you know? Well, the creative process and musical direction in JK is definitely different than in DBS. But since DBS is on hiatus anyway, they might not have thought about the future and if Brandon will remain a member of this band as well.

The first time I met Fu was at the DBS show in NYC and he was really snobbish to us and pretty much was an asshole. But then like a week later, I saw DBS at Ulalume and I met Fu again and he was really nice and I even got to take a pic with him...

I always thought Brandon was a cool guy, but he's kind of an asshole, actually. At Ulalume, he got mad because I asked if I could take a pic with him because he wanted to watch AFI...a pic only takes like 5 seconds, if that. Idk. I feel like the only members in JK that care are Ryan and Amir. Fuck, Church seems more excited about the new music than any of the members of the band for some reason.

I think it's also always about the way how a fan approaches the guys and if they feel comfortable with it. Speaking of that, Brandon has always been really nice and welcoming to me whenever I met him.

And yes, I think it's sad that Brando left, and I'm definitely gonna miss his background vocals and the keyboard wizardry. But yeah, maybe it was better to part ways if they aren't getting along anymore in musical terms. Good to know that they will remain friends. Replacing him with Fu seems like the best possible decision since Fu has always been working in the background as a fifth member... Now it's time for him to enter the spotlight with Julien-K. I'm sure he will also have an impact on the whole live setup of JK, so it will be interesting to see what they will come up with on their European tour! :)

By the way: Fu rocks as hell - such a nice guy! Never had any problems with him as well and he was actually the one who showed us the MOST recent version of one JK demo track in Hamburg!

To clear this for one last time: Brandon is NOT on Twitter and has NEVER been. Even Amir once tweeted that the bbelsk1 account is NOT Brandon's account. And we asked Brandon at the DBS tour and he also said he was never on Twitter and someone must have pretended to be him. It's also quite obvious because this bbelsk1 guy regularly posts tweets for his zodiac sign Aries, and Brandon is not Aries since he was born in December... *lol*

:blink: Oh shit.

I wonder how many followers bbelsk1 just lost; I know he just lost me (I had no clue it wasn't a legit account - I just knew I wished he Tweeted more about his music, and less about his zodiac....)

Well damn, there goes Julien-K's only talented vocalist...:lol:

And it definitely means that he's not in DBS anymore.

No it does not.

If they're still on good terms with each other, I don't see why he wouldn't come back to perform with DBS in the future. It's not like they'd be cutting him out of the creative process, as all of DBS's material was written by Chester/Ryan/Amir/Fu, and Elias and Brandon were essentially just hired guns used to fill out the live band. The only reason Brandon wouldn't come back to DBS is if he's genuinely pissed off at his former Julien-K bandmates for whatever reason and doesn't want to, because he left by his own choosing, he wasn't fired.