Brandon Leaves Julien-K

hahninator

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh this made me sad. Brandon was so cool to see live and I've met him twice . Ugh...

and PLEASE for the people who dont like Julien-K for ONCE do not troll in this thread!

Too late. This thread is a bowl of troll food.

I wonder what will happen to JKDJS. Like DBS, unless Brandon is pissed at his ex-bandmates I see no reason why JKDJS would break up.

JKDJS are done for now - that's what Amir told me some days ago. He is gonna focus on Circuit Freq now. That doesn't mean, though, that they will never perform under the JKDJS moniker again.

No it does not.

If they're still on good terms with each other, I don't see why he wouldn't come back to perform with DBS in the future. It's not like they'd be cutting him out of the creative process, as all of DBS's material was written by Chester/Ryan/Amir/Fu, and Elias and Brandon were essentially just hired guns used to fill out the live band. The only reason Brandon wouldn't come back to DBS is if he's genuinely pissed off at his former Julien-K bandmates for whatever reason and doesn't want to, because he left by his own choosing, he wasn't fired.

I should have clarified that I think they are not on good terms. I'm not even sure if they ever were real friends. I always felt that he just some kind of a hired alien in Julien-K sometimes totally not happy with his position (he actually was hired sometime in the middle of the writing process of DTA).

I think he is 24 or so and Ryan always called him a kid and semi-friendly mocked him. At least, the way Ryan acted and talked about Brandon always made me think that they never took Brandon too serious, even though he admitted his talents numerous times. Chester even farted in Brandon's face on some LPUTV video...lol

Jokes are jokes, but if I were Brandon I'd got enough of them at some point.

I was just randomly thinking about this today.

IMO, Fu will not bring the energy Brandon did. Seriously it goes from hype-y type of guy to a real relaxed kick back stage performer.

Doesnt work for me.

I was just randomly thinking about this today.

IMO, Fu will not bring the energy Brandon did. Seriously it goes from hype-y type of guy to a real relaxed kick back stage performer.

Doesnt work for me.

can't understand where does that energy show from Brandon? During DBS gigs he was very boring imo. Overall he seemed quite miserable lately to me, so i am not THAT shocked actually. I am not a huge JK fan, but i think Fu is a very good replacement as far as knowledge and creativity goes.

I should have clarified that I think they are not on good terms. I'm not even sure if they ever were real friends. I always felt that he just some kind of a hired alien in Julien-K sometimes totally not happy with his position (he actually was hired sometime in the middle of the writing process of DTA).

I think he is 24 or so and Ryan always called him a kid and semi-friendly mocked him. At least, the way Ryan acted and talked about Brandon always made me think that they never took Brandon too serious, even though he admitted his talents numerous times. Chester even farted in Brandon's face on some LPUTV video...lol

Jokes are jokes, but if I were Brandon I'd got enough of them at some point.

Umm, sorry but he wasn't a hired guy at all. He has been working with Ryan and Amir ever since they recorded the Orgy album Punk Statik Paranoia in 2003 (!) and they have been close friends ever since. First he was only taking over engineer duties (also for Orgy) but then Amir and Ryan introduced him to their new project Julien-K, and they started to work on it together. From the start, Brando brought a lot of ideas into Julien-K and at some point they decided to make him an official member of the band, also because they thought he'd really fit. Believe me - he can really put up with Ryan's jokes and Ryan's overall behavior. It's not semi-friendly mockery - it's just joking around and Brando can actually be really funny as well! And Ryan calling him a "kid" doesn't mean that he didn't take Brando for serious. They REALLY respect him and look up to him for his numerous talents and the countless hours of work that he always put into Julien-K! So yeah, I'm convinced they are still on good terms! They might not see each other that often anymore but they will remain friends!

Edited by immortalsoul

can't understand where does that energy show from Brandon? During DBS gigs he was very boring imo. Overall he seemed quite miserable lately to me, so i am not THAT shocked actually. I am not a huge JK fan, but i think Fu is a very good replacement as far as knowledge and creativity goes.

DBS gigs and JK gigs are two different types of shows. Trust me.

mofo goes from keyboard,backup vocalist, to extra percussionist.

Yeah first of all, DBS is a joke. Julien-K, not so much, lol. Brandon in Julien-K live was great. If you haven't seen Julien-K live you can't comment on that. He brings it on the backing vocals and rocks out. DBS, he just stands there and looks bored (who wouldn't, lol oops).

Grow up please...*sigh*

You need to accept the fact that not everyone likes every single thing that comes out of Chesters mouth. 85% of the people on the forum would kill themselves just to hold chewed gum from Chazzy Chaz.

I never said that anybody had to like DBS, or anything Chester does. I was just saying in general, that I love DBS and Chester. I don't see why that's a problem for people. I'm not saying 'YOU HAVE TO LOVE DBS'. I was just saying that I was the biggest fan here. Most people already know that I love Chester. It's not like I'm embarrassed to be a huge fan of him.

I was just saying in general, that I love DBS and Chester.

and i was just saying what did your love for DBS have to do with anything about Brandon leaving Julien-K ? Nothing exactly. Back to topic please.

wow that's not good at all but theres not much we can do about it. at least they didnt break up completely. Does anyone know where brandon will be going next?

No idea but I don't think he will turn away from music completely. Maybe he is gonna focus on engineering and production work again or he is doing an own DJ project... Who knows!

Elias also told me that he would find it cool if maybe a fan would come up on stage for "Futura" in order to take over the percussion part that Brando did at live shows! :)

what!? id so do that if i could practice with the band at soundcheck :)

Thats uncalled for, saying their both 'worth nothing' is going too far.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions. Outside the confines of the LP community, the overwhelming feeling is that LP are worth nothing. Again, opinions.

But, to me, those opinions are worth less than nothing.