Brandon Leaves Julien-K

hahninator

In an email from Ryan Shuck to the members subscribed via email to Julien-K.com....

Message To The Inner Circle

To our beloved Inner Circle,

We will continue to give you guys special information, privileges, and opportunities straight from the band – so here is a big one. You guys can disseminate this information as you see fit, as you are our most trusted fans.

Brandon has left the band due to creative differences. He was genuinely not happy with the direction we have been taking on the new record – the band on the other hand is excited and enjoying exploring new territory. We can barely contain ourselves and our new material. Unfortunately a situation like this can only mean parting ways.

We remain good friends, and we love Brandon like a little brother.

After touring with Dead By Sunrise, we saw first hand that Fu is perfect to replace Brandon in the live setting – Fu has always been an unofficial 5th member of Julien-K, in addition to a major contributing writer. Now we have a chance to include him in the Julien-K live show – pretty exciting for us as Fu brings a totally new perspective with regards to how we do what we do live (technically), which will give us the impetus we need to continue to push and make our live shows more interesting.

Looking forward to meeting our European fans....!

RS

Wow, totally shocked. Unbelievable. Thoughts?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just going to post it....

Wait, today is not an April's Fool Day... WTF?

Maybe Church was giving them too much alcohol, and Brandon understood that he doesn't want to participate in that, and just left?

To tell the truth - I don't like FU a lot, at least how he looks, Brandon was much better IMO.

seems they need a new bass guitarist a back up for vocals, and one fine day they will introduce him back again ladies and gentlemen our old bass guitarist brandon , this has been happening in all bands , same happened in bizkits wes borland case , but now he is back , brandon will be even back in future, hope so :)

Edited by aravind221

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh this made me sad. Brandon was so cool to see live and I've met him twice . Ugh...

and PLEASE for the people who dont like Julien-K for ONCE do not troll in this thread!

seems they need a new bass guitarist a back up for vocals, and one fine day they will introduce him back again ladies and gentlemen our old bass guitarist brandon , this has been happening in all bands , same happened in bizkits wes borland case , but now he is back , brandon will be even back in future, hope so :)

Posted Image

Brandon played bass in DBS. He played keyboard, extra percussion (DTA & Futura live), and backup vocals IN Julien-K.

Man thats a kick in the guts. Brandon brought so much to JK. Its just not going to be the same without him. Although i like Fu, his image doesnt fit with the band. Hope Brandon continues making music!

oops sorry was in the memory of dbs

and itz been updated so soon on wiki ,

you know you bring up a valid point, i wonder if DBS were to ever get back together would he come back? And that wiki article still is the same...? lol

This news are really sad :( I was really shocked, when I read this at Facebook first! I don't get why nobody likes Fu^^ I met him at the Meet&Greet with JK before the DBS show in Hamburg and he's such a nice guy, ok he's looking very old I agree with you, but he's such a friendly guy and it will be very interesting, how JK will be fill the spot with Fu. The backing vocals of Brando had been very nice I really love his voice.

It's a really sad story :( but we have to deal with it and as long as the band is still alive and still play the shows in Europe and everywhere else it should be fine like this.

BUT Brando we will miss you on stage :(

WOW. Did not even think of this ever happening.

This would explain him not being involved in the recent J-K videos+video chats though.

It's sad that he parted ways with the rest of the group, but at least they're still on friendly terms with each other; I think when DBS comes back there's a chance Brandon will return.

Plus, FU's awesome, and a nice guy, so he should do well taking Brandon's place.

Shocking? Sad? Don't know the right words for this. But I don''t like him leaving.

I don't know what everybody has got against Fu? Everybody can see what he's been doing for Julien K the last years.

I'm just wondering if it will be the same. I mean, sometimes when a bandmember leaves, the "feeling" is gone. It's not the same anymore. I could not even imagine what it would be like if Rob would leave LP for example. But maybe that is personal.

I wonder if he'll find some other musical project or he will just stick to the engineering.

And it definitely means that he's not in DBS anymore.

Interesting twist, because I always thought that Brandon and Fu were the most uninspired members of Dead By Sunrise. During the shows Brandon stood all the way back on a platform in the dark. He almost played his bass from the backstage. lol

Anyway, I appreciate his talents as a singer and multi-instrumentalist.

I kinda like him more than Ryan or Amir.

wow what a message for a start of the day.... i guess the music must be VERY diffrent if he decides to do that..... oh well =/ speaking of Fu i dont mind him.... he reminds me of andrew fletcher from depehe mode lol