How come LP can only have 12 tracks on their albums?

Anality

Sorry if I sound stupid

But other artists have more than 12 tracks on their albums

e.g: Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise

DBS only had 12 tracks on OoA, Morning After was a bonus track for Japan and Itunes only.

Everyone complains about 12 track albums, but I like the number. IMO, I like short and sweet records more than long and complex ones. If I can sit and listen to a whole record without skipping a track, it's usually a 12 track or less album.

Reanimation has 23 tracks.. lol

12-13 is fine. I also hope for a good instrumental opener and maybe an outro song like 30 Second To Mars's L490.

studio album wise as in new original material not remixes/mashups

it depeneds on how long the songs are really.

the band "Elbow" first album "asleep in the back" has 11 tracks yet clocks over 60 minutes as Many of the song are 5 or more minutes in length.

In LP's case, they could get away with having more tracks on their albums due to their short lenghts (HT & MET barely over 35 mins)

So, if the next album has less tracks, I'm hopinng they'll be longer songs, but I'd still dig a 14-17 track album with standard LP length songs. or find a comprimise: 45 -50 mins is a good length of an album. IMO

it depeneds on how long the songs are really.

the band "Elbow" first album "asleep in the back" has 11 tracks yet clocks over 60 minutes as Many of the song are 5 or more minutes in length.

In LP's case, they could get away with having more tracks on their albums due to their short lenghts (HT & MET barely over 35 mins)

So, if the next album has less tracks, I'm hopinng they'll be longer songs, but I'd still dig a 14-17 track album with standard LP length songs. or find a comprimise: 45 -50 mins is a good length of an album. IMO

+1

i honestly think LP believes the more songs on the album = more songs they have to play live :P

It's probably a conscious decision on the band's part. 12 tracks is a good number for an album, anywhere from 10-13 is.

If an album is too long, it's just music overload. Keeping it down around 12 allows for a good amount of material, but at the same time allows each song to shine on its own.

I feel that less is more as in it makes each song more special and stand out. I have a funny feeling it could be 11 tracks this time around. I dont think there will be 10, some chance it may be 12 but i doubt it. 13 is pretty laughable unless its a bonus track involved which there will be from the upcoming 'The Catalyst' remix contest. You only count original material, and not bonus tracks particulary for retail cds.

Like a lot of artists, LP probably chooses the 12 best tracks simply because they want to keep the listener's attention. Even though they may feel every track should be on the record, they may also feel like anything more will make people will either start to get bored or want to finish the record later because its running on too long.

Mrr, I think 11-15 is a decent range generally. Any less makes the album too short unless the songs clock in at 4+ min each and any more gets excessive unless you decide to ruin everything with a double album

As for ATS, I'm gonna say 11 full-length tracks. Or ten plus instrumental intro. But if that happens these songs better be 4+ minutes at the shortest or Imma be pissed.

My favorite album ever has 23 tracks on the standard CD version (it's a double album).

I've always been a fan of longer albums. I typically like my single-CD albums to come in at 12-16 tracks or so. About 60-80 minutes of music is awesome for me, but I also like the shorter albums too...pretty obvious since I like LP and their longest album is around 45 minutes.

My favorite album ever has 23 tracks on the standard CD version (it's a double album).

THE FRAGILE

dude you should be my best friend

Double albums bother me...unless it's something that you can listen to in the background, they feel like a chore, because when I put on music, I put on full albums, and I generally immerse myself in them. But when an album drags on too long, like a double album, it starts to feel like I'm drowning in the music, and then I need to cut the experience short.

50-65 feels like a good length for me.

I hate how they have intros, and short instrumentals too. That's not to say that i don't enjoy them, but if the album is only going to be 12 songs, then make sure their friggin 12 full length songs.

LP should put out 15 track albums minimum if it takes 4 god damn years at a time.

/end rant lol

i like cds with 12 tracks, but I think 14 tracks is the best for an album. 1 instrumental and 13 full length songs or 14 full length songs. and they can range from 2 to 4+ minutes. Since according to the ATS 6 track sampler, all the songs that we know of are over 4 minutes. Because of this I would prefer a 12 track album over a 14 track album. Really 12-14 is good for me. I hope ATS has 12 full songs, no instrumental