Slipknot Bassist Paul Gray found dead

[AndOne]

Des Moines, Iowa; May 24, 2010 -- A local hotel worker found the bassist dead this morning. Paul Grey, known as #2, or "The Pig" in the self-titled years, the lively bassist from Los Angeles who relocated with family to Des Moines and joined Slipknot and has played for the entire Slipknot career up to this point. Paul had a darker side to his life, dealing with drugs and alcohol abuse, and then getting married and expecting a child with his wife, Brenna, later this year.

Paul will be missed.

R.I.P.

Posted Image

Source

Blabbermouth

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that the guys in the band will be OK and continue playing without Paul, but if they wanna quit i'm sure us fans will respect that.

Slipknot has been one of my favorite bands for years, been listening to them since VOL3. I saw them for the first time almost a year ago now, it just really sucks that this is happening.

This is very sad...It makes remember that anything can happen to anyone, famous or not. I hope the band will continue their career though.

R.I.P.

You mean this can happen to anyone who is reckless with drugs/alcohol?

I don't think we would hear much from slipknot anyway as far as a new album goes, Corey said he wants to take distance from slipknot after all hope is gone and focus on stone sour, but i guess they'd still play shows but just with 'old' material.

but yeah RIP, i love slipknot

Edited by Tomer

You mean this can happen to anyone who is reckless with drugs/alcohol?

Reckless with drugs/alcohol or not, this isn't the problem. I was saying that in a more general way...Yes, in this case, his drug/alcohol addiction is probably the reason why he died, but anyway, everyone will have to leave one day. Sometimes, we forget it's also applicable with our favorite musicians/ comedians/whatever.

Reckless with drugs/alcohol or not, this isn't the problem. I was saying that in a more general way...Yes, in this case, his drug/alcohol addiction is probably the reason why he died, but anyway, everyone will have to leave one day. Sometimes, we forget it's also applicable with our favorite musicians/ comedians/whatever.

I have to agree with you. You get so caught up in the moment of all good things that you forget there is an expiration date on life. One day, the same fate will come to the members of LP. It is inevitable.

Nonetheless, this is a sad loss. While I'm not a massive fan, Slipknot are definitely a unique group, especially having nine members. Their live show is spectacular. Hope they choose to continue but if I not the reasons being are very understandable.

I know not all the recent deaths have been due to drugs, but this just goes to show that drugs are NOT something you can just mess around with and expect to be okay. If you're addicted, seek help.

R.I.P.

Am I the only one that saw something like this coming? This is a repeat of last summer. Last summer was Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Steve Mcnair, David Carradine, Farrah Fawcett, etc. Now this summer is Dio and now this person. And I'm sure I'm missing other celebrity people who died last summer and in the last month. The curse from last year has returned o.O. And we still have 2 or 3 months to go.