No More Jumping Off The Risers For Chester

hahninator

From the 93X blog,

"Singer CHESTER BENNINGTON's back injury recently forced LINKIN PARK to cancel a planned five-date tour of China. MIKE SHINODA says Bennington had an injured disk, and while he's expected to make a full recovery, doctors have told him he can't continue to jump off of the band's risers in concert. Explains Shinoda, "The doctor said that's one of the major contributors to his problems, so he's got to knock that off."

The Chinese concerts were organized to raise money to benefit the victims of the earthquake earlier this year in Sichuan province. But despite the cancellations, the band's Music For Relief foundation is still making a donation to the cause."

Poor Chester! It sucks getting old, I guess.

To see Chester's fall at the 2nd Melbourne show from the Australia 2007 tour, you can watch videos

and
. The LPTV video about it is
. Although your wrist is different than your back, I guess he's a little too extreme for the stage performance these days. What does that mean? More songs with the micstand? I sure hope not...

To see a short video montage of Chester jumping at live shows so you can see what we're talking about exactly, click here. How scaled back will the live show be? Micstand on 'Given Up'?

And speaking of concept albums, I'm seeing Nine Inch Nails in concert on Saturday. Anyone else seen them live?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Being told to knock off doing something that is second nature to you must suck. :( I don't think it's because he's getting old, he just has bad health looking at his past records.

Although, Who wants to bet that Chester out of habit, will continue to jump the minute he hits any stage. :lol: Doctors warning doesn't seem like something Chester pays too much attention too.

Edited by arbiter

I feel bad for Chester since he gets so excited when they're playing live. Now he has to take it easy. I doubt he will just stand there for the whole show though, especially during their more heavier stuff. And that's pretty cool that you're going to see NIN Mark. I hope you have fun, I wish I could see them live.

Edited by Geki

WOW! Being told to knock off doing something that is second nature to you must suck. :( I don't think it's because he's getting old, he just has bad health looking at his past records.

Although, Who wants to bet that Chester out of habit, will continue to jump the minute he hits any stage. :lol: Doctors warning doesn't seem like something Chester pays too much attention too.

^agreed

seeing chester do extreme jumps is always cool =[

I'm seing NIN at the House of Blues in Atlantic City, NJ on Nov. 6th. The place only fits 2500 people and I was lucky enough to get 2 GA tickets. It's gonna be awesome!

Do they stop anywhere else in NJ? Cuz I live a few hrs away frm Atlantic City and anyway I will be in Phoenix, Arizona at the time on vacation. I was gonna see them at the continental airlines arena on aug. 28th but ended up not going cuz not one of my friends could go. Anyway that really sucks about Chester. But he isn't that old Hahninator, he just isn't as young as he was before and therefore should take it easier a bit. Hope he makes a full recovery!! I am praying tht I see Chester when I am in Phoenix but he will prob be at his house recovering at the time.

I also don't think it has anything to do with his age but more to do with his general physical health/body structure. Chester's back problems aren't new and speaking from experience once a back problem sets in it keeps coming back and makes the back easier to injure. Depending on the consequences if he doesn't heed the warning, Chester may in fact try to stop doing his trademark jumps. Since it is so second nature for him, I imagine they'll have to design the sets in the future so he doesn't have a riser to jump off of. I wonder does this also mean he can't jump off the front platforms? Poor guy, hopefully it won't depress him too much.

I also figured this was the sad news Mark alluded to earlier given that on that same day I had several Google alerts that were also reporting Chester has to stop the riser jumping. :(

Do they stop anywhere else in NJ? Cuz I live a few hrs away frm Atlantic City and anyway I will be in Phoenix, Arizona at the time on vacation. I was gonna see them at the continental airlines arena on aug. 28th but ended up not going cuz not one of my friends could go. Anyway that really sucks about Chester. But he isn't that old Hahninator, he just isn't as young as he was before and therefore should take it easier a bit. Hope he makes a full recovery!! I am praying tht I see Chester when I am in Phoenix but he will prob be at his house recovering at the time.

No thats the only one in NJ, I'm coming from the NYC area to see the show. I saw them on aug. 27th at Continental and it was so good that I had to see them again.

Hmmm, bad news but....

Yes, he is over 30 but he is not a doter. I am 30. So I know what I am talking about... ;) Think this means he has to stop jumping from the box or jumping like a rubber ball over the stage....

Poor Chester.............

It seems like he needs to jump around to sing some songs. haha!!

Now, he can't do it anymore???? He must be disappointed about this.

Lots of people might also be disappointed since it's a trade mark of him.......

People like to see him jumping around and get crazy..... haha

Well, if the doctor say so, he better try to follow that.

A stand still Chester is better then canceled show.

Although it's hard for me to image he stand still to sing OSC or faint etc....

BTW, does that mean he can't do any jump or just not jump from riser???