Your personal *Top 3*

not in the list but i want to mention:

#0 Robot Boy Two weeks ago I lost my father. He died from a massive stroke(this is the right word, right?) and I was so shocked and stressed. I literally couldn't believe it happened. He was so young and tough, he always felt so strong and powerful but suddenly..boom. It all came to an end. It is probably strange that I connect with that song in that way but there's something in Robot Boy that give me strenght and hope every time i listen to it. Especially the line:

And you're sure / you've hurt in a way / that no one will ever know

But someday / the weight of the world / will give you the strength to go

I don't know why this song is so underrated but for me it is in top 3 from ATS.

====

#1 The Little Things Give You Away I won't say that I cannot describe this song with words, because I can write for hours how damn awesome this song is. It contains the magic that makes this song most unique slowjam that I have ever heard. God, I love this song so much. Every time I listen it i feel like I enter a little imaginary world of mine..and when the solo hits in it's like my heart opens. I can either cry 2 liters of tears or feel so calm. This song is nothing but perfect! It cannot be changed in a single way that will make the song better. This song is just awesome. It is my favorite slowjam of all time and will ever be. I doubt anyone will ever make song that makes me feel the same way that The Little Things Give You Away does.

#2 From The Inside Ask anyone who knows me for more than 2 weeks "describe him with one song" and they will say "Lp - From the Inside, ofc". Everytime I listen this song I feel like I stored the energy of dozen of redbulls. God, I can recharge your cellphone' battery when I rock on FTI. This song is so goddamn good! Lyric-wise, the guitars, the screams, the few lines that Mike raps..Probably the best Lp' song. I am putting it at second place, just because that Little Things means a lot to me. Otherwise the song is pure awesomeness, and even the biggest haters of LP love it.

#3 In Pieces There's no need of screams and rap for one Lp' song to be good. The simple melody, Joe's scratches and the guitar solo grabs me every time I listen this fucking good song. The lyrics are so good. There's so damn sense in the words. This song is like a guide for everybody who have love-problems. Thanks to God I had only 1 bad relationship with a girl that I loved so much, but, what goes around comes back around, right? It's like In Pieces gave me enough strenght to tell her to live in her secrets and regrets and to prevent her from playing games with my heart. Even though that it was while ago, I still feel so damn good when I know that she is no longer in my life and she doesn't not deserve me anyways.

Edited by feelthless

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Points (Just the simple fact its rad, and has been modified heaps to sound even better live [referring to the different intro/outros])

2. No More Sorrow (Simply rad!)

3. Somewhere I Belong (Like the wau both Chester and Mike sing)

1. No Roads Left - i think mike is a very good singer and when comes in on the second chorus it sends shivers through my body, amazing! and the the strings only add to the badass-ness

..now these r some hard decisions..

2 & 3. Not Alone and New Divide

the 2 are interchangable, i love them both the same. i always have to restart New divide because the intro just makes me feel so good hearing it, puts me in some kind of fantasy dream land. the verse leading up to the bridge and then the bridge itself makes me get up and jump because it just pumps me with energy. The slowness of Not Alone is just so soothing, i dont understand all the hate for this song. The weird intro sounds and the scratching at the end combined with chesters "ooh oooh's" just makes me love lp more and more each time i hear them :lol: :lol:

nooww Points Of Authority ALMOST made it but these newer(ish) songs barely made the cut :P

1. Breaking The Habit - I consider it,along with Hurt by NIN the best song written for drug addiction.Apart from that, the lyrics stand there for everyone. Why dragging on something that is killing you slowly, why let all your bad habits,problems,black thoughts drag you down? Just stand up,it may be your fault but you know how it ends:

by Breaking the habit..tonight.. I believe just be reading those lyrics someone can stand up and realize that past is past, but future is always ahead of them.Or,on another view it shows someones true regret and express like his last call for forgiveness. Helps me everytime I listen to it,to forget anything bad and just move on.So much power,so much meaning in just a little bit more than 3:00 minutes.

As for the music,it's perfect and adds to the emotion.Especially the strings,and Chester's performance just makes you cry..

I cant make a top 3.It's too hard.I can only choose this song as their best because it means so much to me,and I've been listening to it since it came out and every time I do,I like it more and more.I cant press pause as long as it starts..Plus it's the song that got me into LP.

I can't pick just three but here are some of my favorites right now (they change often):

From the Inside

Figure.09 (Bridge (Screaming Part))

Dedicated

Step Up

One Step Closer (Live Versions Mainly)

Points of Authority (Live)

No More Sorrow

New Divide - I don't care for the song in general but I really like the chord progression.

Across the Line

Edited by Lethal

Well heres mine briefly at this moment.

The Little Things Give You Away: Seriously theres something about this song that has my breath every time. The fact that theres 6 or so Minutes of greatness on this song just adds to it. Personally the song would of had the same power if it was shorter. Lyrics, Gez there so touching and when its put over such a beautiful piece of music it just makes a 5 star song. Also big props to Brad for an amazing Solo.

Points Of Authority: No matter how old this song is it will always get me pumped up. The guitar riff is pretty up beat and crazy. Also i lovee how LP do this life. Specially with the intros and outros. I would love to play this song with my band.

In The End: Well i thought Ill add this to my Top 3 because this song is the whole reason I'm Listening to Linkin Park. I was prob was only 8-9 when this song hit the radio and Tv. If it wasn't for that piano riff my life would be LP-less. But even now good 10 or so years later I still listen to the song and will still be able to enjoy it as much as i did 10 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently it's:

1. From the Inside (Live from Summer Sonic 2006) - One of the rare occasions where I prefer the live version over the original. This is a phenomenal performance and the sound quality is excellent. Everything about this performance is win. There's just so much energy from both the band and the audience. This is one of the best examples of Linkin Park in the sense that it has just about all of their musical traits from the electronic samples and clean guitar in the verses, to the rapping, soft vocals and screaming. The What I've Done single is worth buying just for this one track, in my opinion, even if you're not a collector.

2. Across the Line - When this song was first released, I admit I wasn't a big fan. Some of you may even remember me saying I didn't like it. I didn't really like the Japan demo from the Minutes to Midnight DVD, for that matter. But now I can fully say this song has really grown on me. That's something that doesn't happen too often, especially with LP. I think it's got an amazing production value and the lyrics are great. I don't really think it fits in with the rest of Minutes to Midnight though.

3. FRGT/10 - This is one of the examples on Reanimation of a track being completely reinterpreted. The only resemblance it bears to the original Forgotten is the chorus. Everything else is completely different, including the tempo. Lyrically, I can't help feel it talks about the government being corrupt, a little similar to some of the stuff on Minutes to Midnight. Mike and Chali's deliveries are just gold. The Alchemist did a really spectacular job on this remix as well.

Edited by Aiman

1. From the Inside (Live from Summer Sonic 2006) - One of the rare occasions where I prefer the live version over the original. This is a phenomenal performance and the sound quality is excellent. Everything about this performance is win. There's just so much energy from both the band and the audience. This is one of the best examples of Linkin Park in the sense that it has just about all of their musical traits from the electronic samples and clean guitar in the verses, to the rapping, soft vocals and screaming. The What I've Done single is worth buying just for this one track, in my opinion, even if you're not a collector.

Ah man, 100% agree with you there about this track. This, Faint, Qwerty, RME, BtH, PMA really makes me long for the whole summer Sonic show. The performances where perfection, and the mixing and the sound are terrific. LP where on top form in '06

Ah man, 100% agree with you there about this track. This, Faint, Qwerty, RME, BtH, PMA really makes me long for the whole summer Sonic show. The performances where perfection, and the mixing and the sound are terrific. LP where on top form in '06

I know what you mean. I especially want to hear With You and In the End mixed from that show.

1. Nobody's Listening- This was the very first Linkin Park song that I ever heard. I still remember the day I heard it, even if I can't remember the exact year. Anyway, I remember the ecstasy I felt from the song, the turntables, the rap / singing duo style, just the raw emotion of rebellion coursing through my veins. It was the first time I ever experienced that with music.

2. From The Inside- This is a very personal song once again, as it helped me get over a girl that I loved whom I knew I could never be with. The amazing riffs and Chester's screams blocked out the heartbreak which I felt, and it is a KILLER song in the live sets.

3. A Place for My Head- This is one of my fight songs. Not much to say about it except great intro, amazing bass line, it's kind of a like a much heavier version of In The End really is all how I can describe it musically, plus hearing such an old song live at my first LP concert really made it even more special.

Edited by LPPRJKT4

1. Nobody's Listening- This was the very first Linkin Park song that I ever heard. I still remember the day I heard it, even if I can't remember the exact year, I think pretty soon it'll be 10 years since I heard it though! Anyway, I remember the ecstasy I felt from the song, the turntables, the rap / singing duo style, just the raw emotion of rebellion coursing through my veins. It was the first time I ever experienced that with music.

lolwut?

1. Nobody's Listening- This was the very first Linkin Park song that I ever heard. I still remember the day I heard it, even if I can't remember the exact year, I think pretty soon it'll be 10 years since I heard it though! Anyway, I remember the ecstasy I felt from the song, the turntables, the rap / singing duo style, just the raw emotion of rebellion coursing through my veins. It was the first time I ever experienced that with music.

LMFAO. Meteora hasnt even been out 10 years.