Your personal *Top 3*

Very hard decision but here they are:

1. Crawling - The most beautiful song for me. When I listen it I'm melting down :) Love lyrics.

2. What I've Done - It was unbelievable song for me, they returned after so much years with new awesome song. This song shows how LP are grown up as professional band and this song have a serious lyrics.

3. Papercut - Ah, that song is freaking amazing, it blows up your mind. When it performs live UNBELIEVABLE energy flow to the crowd, Chester screaming enormous, Mike rapping so emotional, omg :)

If it was 'Top 4'

4. Breaking The Habit - Can't explain using words how is this song a beautiful !!!!! In addition, it shows Chester's emotions about his hard times, you can understand him very close...

Btw: there are a lot of songs that have for me the same rating but those 4 are very precious to me

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine have changed again. They always change. lol.

1. Faint

2. Breaking The Habit

3. The Catalyst

If it was top 5

4. Figure.09

5. Don't Stay

Edited by LinkinParkFan4Ever

Okay, here is my top 3. I am excluding the Catalyst because it is fairly new. But anyway, here it is (note that these always change)

1. Valentines Day - On my first listen to MtM, this one stood out the most to me. The melody was so catchy and dark and at the end when the verse part is brought back in..it..it.. it's just awesome.

2. New Divide- When this song came out last year, I just kept listening to it over and over again and it became one of my favorites. Within the first week it already had over 200 listens on my Ipod! And I still haven't gotten sick of it, well I did for awhile but now I like it again =D.

3. With You- Originally I HATED this song with a passion. but eventually it started to go on me. I love Mikes verses in this and the delay effect on his vocals.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine Changed agian. Well, my top 5 fav songs by them didn't change just ordering did.

1. Faint

2. Breaking the Habit

3. Figure.09

If it was top 5

4. The Catalyst

5. Don't Stay

Honorable mention- Leave Out All the Rest

Edited by LinkinParkFan4Ever

• 2 weeks later...

#1 - And One: I remember when I was still a new LP fan back in February 2001 when I first heard this. I was absolutely in love with Hybrid Theory at the time. Anyway I was curious to see how these guys sound live, so I punched "Linkin Park" into Limewire and a bunch of songs I've never heard of popped up among the usual suspects. 'And One' was one of them, and its been my most consistent favorite LP track since. For me, And One is my definitive Linkin Park song.

#2 - Blackbirds: When I first heard this song, I wasn't too big on it to be honest. But after a few days I found myself listening to it more and more. As of right now, I play this song and 'The Catalyst' the most of their entire discography. I love the structure and melody of this song, and the lyrics really hit home for me.

#3 - Figure.09: Who honestly doesn't love Figure.09? When I first heard Somewhere I Belong on the radio in 2003, I was disappointed as I didn't really like the song, and never really have. But when I heard all of Meteora, I realized how awesome it was, and I always played this song right here the most.

Honorable mentions:

Reading My Eyes

She Couldn't

Runaway

By Myself

Forgotten

It's Goin Down

WTH>You

P5hng Me A*wy

Don't Stay

Lying From You

Hit The Floor

Easier To Run

Nobody's Listening

Session

Leave Out All The Rest

In Between

In Pieces

Across The Line

Pretend To Be

The Catalyst

Edited by BlacK0uT

1) The Little Things Give You Away

Definitely has a really cool jammy vibe about it which is something I've often found lacking in this kind of music, and the musicianship is top-notch. It feels every bit as epic as a lot of the prog bands I listen to can be. I'd say that as an experiment in being "different" from this band, this one was the most successful.

2) Runaway

One of the only songs from their "nu-metal" days that really speaks to me. I just fucking LOVE that vocal melody in the verse, and the synth chords, and the melodic-and-catchy-yet-still-heavy chorus. It's dead simple, musically, but that's what makes it so effective. And the way this song makes use of texture is just awesome. There definitely aren't that many mainstream bands out there right now making use of textures in this way, and the fact that this was done almost 10 years ago and still sounds fresh is just amazing.

3) The Catalyst

It might be a bit too soon to put this on a list, but honestly, this song mixes the elements in both of the previous songs really well... the catchy melodies and textures of Runaway with the complex structure and musicianship and epic feel of TLTGYA. I really love the way the track tastefully builds up to a full-band climax.

1. No Roads Left - i think mike is a very good singer and when comes in on the second chorus it sends shivers through my body, amazing! and the the strings only add to the badass-ness

..now these r some hard decisions..

2 & 3. Not Alone and New Divide

the 2 are interchangable, i love them both the same. i always have to restart New divide because the intro just makes me feel so good hearing it, puts me in some kind of fantasy dream land. the verse leading up to the bridge and then the bridge itself makes me get up and jump because it just pumps me with energy. The slowness of Not Alone is just so soothing, i dont understand all the hate for this song. The weird intro sounds and the scratching at the end combined with chesters "ooh oooh's" just makes me love lp more and more each time i hear them :lol: :lol:

nooww Points Of Authority ALMOST made it but these newer(ish) songs barely made the cut :P

time for a change...

1. No Roads Left

2. Buy Myself (Marilyn Manson Remix)

3. The Catalyst

awesome!!!! :lol:

The fairest way of doing this is really just by one per album (until ATS comes out, so hopefully there will be a Top 4 by then).

These are all tied for my 3 favorite LP songs.

HT: A Place For My Head

- The classically "penultimate" moment of most LP shows. Without a doubt the most missed song when it is absent at LP shows. Its most traditionally followed by OSC, for that is the song that has always had the best reaction at every LP show. Up until MTM, Brad's guitar intro and playing hadn't sounded as complex. Mike and Chester's harmonies are probably Hybrid Theory's strongest on this one. The lyrics narrate a scene of becoming sane and doing away with an ever-present negative presence. Joe scratches like a lunatic and Rob's not 4/4 timing is very hard to replicate on the drums (believe me, I've probably successfully covered APFMH once). Dave is...Dave.

Meteora: Lying From You

- Aggressive, with a laid-back hip hop feel to it. As of 2008, LP has gotten inventive with the reinvention of the intro, which was originally very simple. Again, an angry duet between Chester and Mike that creates a very emotional lyrical setting. Rob's playing is tight, yet again, to make LP ever-so difficult to play on drums. I wish the same could be said about the guitar in the song, but I'm no guitarist so I can't criticize the illusion of guitar simplicity that is given off throughout the song. Joe, again, scratches and samples in a very remarkable way. Dave is still...Dave. (This has also been my favorite song of all-time since 5th grade).

MTM: The Little Things Give You Away

- Their most complex/creative/ambitious song ever created. Like all the other LP fans, I at first had a hard time coming around to accept the new direction LP had taken. However, first hearing this song and watching the "Making of MTM DVD" opened my mind to the beautiful new sound of LP. For those who are butthurt about it, the best course of action is to be a real Linkin Park fan and stop acting like a goddamn vagina. ANYWAYS, Chester's soaring vocals and caressing melodies are one of many things that make this such a masterpiece. Lyrically, it paints a vivid image of water rushing into a house and drowning the inhabitants of this house. However, I don't quite come to terms with the political criticism in this song (and others on MTM) due to the fact that the lyrics openly called the previous administration a bunch lazy, lying traitors. I won't get into politics, but I wish that people wouldn't openly criticize the Right-Wing without taking into consideration the new policies that the current administration plans on implementing, which won't benefit the general majority of Americans. ANYWAYS, Mike keeps himself super busy with playing keyboards, acoustic guitar, electric guitar and SINGING all in the course of the whole song. That's quite a feat! Brad busts out a gnarly solo, which opened up a new-found possibility that he could be amongst the many respected guitarists. Rob, HOLY SHIT! Such an intricate rhythm that's well pulled off in concert, which amazes me to this day! I can't play it, I wish I could. Joe is not really present onstage for this one, but he makes up for it by having the intro loop going that sets the mood just right. Dave is...surprisingly vocally present in this one! I hope to hear him sing more in the future!

Honorable mentions:

The entire discography

Edited by LPPhan2005

1.Valentine's day

I did not listen to this songs when i first bought MTM cuz chaz's vocal was too raspy in the first verse.But when i decided to listen to the whole album the 2nd time,i played this song and was completely blow away.It just had the most meaningful lyrics frm MTM.The arrangement of the song was just special and unique.Easily the best LP songs for me.

2.From the inside

One of the first songs i have ever listened.When i played this song for the first time,i thought it was a slow medolic songs,but as the track progressed,it was one of the best songs for me.The slow and heavy rhythm just make me wanna punch somewhere i the face lol

3.Given up

The perfect song to play when u are pissed off.Just pop the cd in the blast it to the max.Some may not like the cursing in the song.I feel without the cursing,it takes meaning away from the song.Love the 17 sec scream too.

Edited by LMK