Your personal *Top 3*

1. Numb

Yeah I know it's overplayed, but it is nonetheless a gorgeous song filled with beautiful melodies and some of Chester's best vocals.

2. And One

SOOOOO heavy. Why this wasn't on HT I don't know, it sounds so wonderfully pissed off and the rap bit at the end is also awesome.

3. With You

Probably the most underrated LP song. Killer guitar riff and turntable solo, the vocal interplay between Mike and Chester is great here.

Edit: I'd also nominate A Place for My Head, Don't Stay, QWERTY, and The Little Things Give You Away

Edited by FearOfTheDuck

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Faint - It's always been my favorite LP song since I first heard it. The lyrics aren't the best, but I really like the melody and the aggressiveness of this song. The live outro is awesome too.

2. What I've Done - I love everything about this song. The lyrics relate to me on a personal level more than ever and the guitar and melody are amazing. Best LP song IMO.

3. Crawling - Ever since I first purchased Hybrid Theory back in like 2002, this has been my favorite song from that album and used to be my favorite LP song up until hearing Faint. I love the lyrics the most. Very great track.

• 1 month later...

1. Leave Out All The Rest- this song shows Chester's amazing vocals and has amazing lyrics. This song touches my heart every time i listen to it.

2. Don't Stay- It has amazing lyrics, amazing vocals, and is an amazing song. It gets me pumped up every time i listen to it.

3. Faint- It is another pumping up song. It pumps me up when I listen to it. It is amazing and is very well written.

Honorable mentions- In The End, One Step Closer, Breaking The Habit.

Why does everyone like TLTGYA. To me, it is the only Linkin Park song I don't like

Edited by LinkinParkFan4Ever

1- New Divide : when i first heard it, i knew it became my favorite. Everything in that song is perfect. I enjoy listening to it at least 5 times a day " listening to it right now ! ". it makes me feel like i'm in a wonderful dream.

2- Leave Out All The Rest : Like LinkinParkFan4Ever said, it's very touching, maybe because i can relate.

3- Hands Held High : I think this song has the best lyrics ever ! It means a lot to me, it's like mike said what i always wanted to say.

Currently it's...

1. Papercut- I just love the guitar riff. Mike's rapping was brilliant and how he jumps back in after the first chorus. Chester was amazong on the bridge, the layered vocals, the samples used, scratching, etc it was just LP at the top of their game in my opinion.

2. New Divide- I LOVE Chesters performance on this song vocally. The melodies in this song are really nice. I hear this song acapella all the time as well, and it's just GREAT. The breakdown, the chorus, the lyrics, etc etc it was just a brilliant song. The lyrics " Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies/across this new divide" is one of my favorite LP lines ever. I've been hearing this song for over a year now regularly. I had a REALLY tough year, and this song makes things a tiny bit better for the 3-4 min I get to escape and listen to it.

3. Breaking the Habit- Once again Chester was brilliant on this song. LOVE the lyrics, the chorus was AMAZING. The bridge, etc, what's not to love.

Notables: Easier to Run, Numb, Crawling, A Place for My head, With You, Pushing me away, ( pretty much the entire Hybrid Theory album), Shadow of the day.

God I love LP..

Why does everyone like TLTGYA. To me, it is the only Linkin Park song I don't like

I don't hate the song, but it's not even close to being top 3. The sample used is awful. The lyrics are average. The guitar solo was average. This song is great live, but it's not a standout track that defines LP for it's greatness. It's LP trying to make a song to sound a certain way to gain some credibility in my opinion. It did not fit at all on Minutes to Midnight. Ugh that album was a disaster, it's as if objective 1 was do what it takes to NOT make a Hybrid Theory/Meteora. Objective 2: Oh yeah, try and make it sound good.

I don't hate the song, but it's not even close to being top 3. The sample used is awful. The lyrics are average. The guitar solo was average. This song is great live, but it's not a standout track that defines LP for it's greatness. It's LP trying to make a song to sound a certain way to gain some credibility in my opinion. It did not fit at all on Minutes to Midnight. Ugh that album was a disaster, it's as if objective 1 was do what it takes to NOT make a Hybrid Theory/Meteora. Objective 2: Oh yeah, try and make it sound good.

I actually did not think taht album was a disaster. I think it is their worst album, but it is not a disaster. I loved the album. The only song I don't like on it is TLTGYA.

For the time being, until maybe the new album is released:

1. "Lying From You" - I like the energy in the song. Also, when I started getting into the song, I was dealing with a bad relationship, and there was so much angst to deal with.

2. "What I've Done" - another one of those songs that spoke to me about letting things in my past go.

3. "One Step Closer" - another song where the energy is awesome. Plus, who else wants to say, "Shut up when I'm talking to you!" on some occasions? :)

Here my favs...

1- Somewhere I Belong

The lyrics are amazing, and means a lot for me.

2- High Voltage Reprise 2000

One of the best examples of LP, great lyrics, awesome beats, Chester's voice, everything...

3- The rest of the Linkin Park' songs... included the whole ATS...

Edited by maik_gianino

Here are my favourites:

1. In Pieces

2. No More Sorrow

3. Faint

Honorable Mentions: Across the Line, and of course, TLTGYA (but we won't count that one)

And I have a feeling that The Catalyst is going to soar up my ranks very quickly.