2010 Setlist Predictions?

LPPRJKT4

Now how the fuck would BlackChester or someone on that German forum know what LP is going to even play if they haven't even started rehearsals yet and the crew for their tour is halfway across the world with other bands?

It's all rumors.

But Wilderness is speaking the truth on his layout information though.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think now that we know the album will be out around the same time as the tour starts, it's safe to assume they'll be playing a bunch of songs from it right off the bat. Until we know the tracklisting of the album/the name of the first single, it's kind of pointless to speculate on anything other than what old songs they're going to play.

I think now that we know the album will be out around the same time as the tour starts, it's safe to assume they'll be playing a bunch of songs from it right off the bat. Until we know the tracklisting of the album/the name of the first single, it's kind of pointless to speculate on anything other than what old songs they're going to play.

I think a better question is what songs from the past will they still play and what won't they. I think they'll always play In the End, Crawling, Faint, Numb and Breaking the Habit. I know Mike pretty much said they'll only play singles, but I hope they play songs they haven't played in a long time and stop playing some others. I for one hope they never play another piano version of a song again. They completely killed PMA, which was only good at Summer Sonic anyway.

I think a better question is what songs from the past will they still play and what won't they. I think they'll always play In the End, Crawling, Faint, Numb and Breaking the Habit. I know Mike pretty much said they'll only play singles, but I hope they play songs they haven't played in a long time and stop playing some others. I for one hope they never play another piano version of a song again. They completely killed PMA, which was only good at Summer Sonic anyway.

You should mean you hope they don't do it so often, acoustic stuff is good just not constantly, it's meant to be a rarity live-wise when it comes to a band like LP, they just didn't know when to end it lmao.

NO!! Pushing Me Away is so much better piano driven, well ok maybe not better for some, but just as good (and better imo).

01. One Step Closer (2007-2009 (Extended Intro and Outro)

02. Lying From You (2008 Extended Intro)

03. Somewhere I Belong (Extended Intro)

04. Papercut

06. Points of Authority (Extended Intro/Outro)

07. Easier To Run

08. From The Inside

09. Figure 0.9

10. Breaking The Habit (Extended Intro/Outro)

11. New Song

12. New Song.

13. Leave Out All The Rest

14. The little Things Give You Away

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

15. Across The Line

16. In The End W/ extended bridge)

17. A Place For My Head (W/ extended bridge)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

18. Bleed It Out (W/ extended Intro/Drum Solo/Outro)

19 Faint (W/ extended Outro)

Edited by coliinreiid

I predict that by the end of the next touring cycle, the setlists will become 100% generic. By that time, LP will have enough "Greatest Hits" to fill out whole set, and will be ready for their reunion tour. The "we mix it up with 3 DIFFERENT setlists" argument holds no water when they only swap out a couple songs.

if i hear PMA piano live 1 more time.....................

and my december sucks when they use different piano than the original IMO

obviously the new setlist will include most song from the new album and the rest will be mostly MTM singles and a few old singles eg ITE, numb and the usual teen fan specials

i just wish they would include 1 EP song, sure most people wont know the song and i get that Mike, but will it hurt to do POM or And One? POM demo will ignite a mosh like rarely seen before at a lp show, i would go crazy no doubt

i love the piano versions, but it seems like a waste to have 6 members on stage with only 2 performing.

Oh don't worry, Joe Hahn takes a nap and plays Halo while they play PMA piano and TLTGYA live, and then talks to me on MSN Messenger during half of the other songs :P

Saw PMA piano twice. Atlanta 07 right before BTH...PR07 was the first big tour they did it on in the USA so people loved it. It was great. Then it was in the encore in 08 in West Palm Beach...PMA piano into BTH. It was badass since BTH had no intro...then they came back with CFTI into OSC. Epic.

Hope they drop it for 2010 but I'd rather see PMA piano than Not Alone live. Would rather see PMA piano than LOATR and Numb too, lol.

They need to play She Couldn't :)

Oh don't worry, Joe Hahn takes a nap and plays Halo while they play PMA piano and TLTGYA live, and then talks to me on MSN Messenger during half of the other songs :P

Saw PMA piano twice. Atlanta 07 right before BTH...PR07 was the first big tour they did it on in the USA so people loved it. It was great. Then it was in the encore in 08 in West Palm Beach...PMA piano into BTH. It was badass since BTH had no intro...then they came back with CFTI into OSC. Epic.

Hope they drop it for 2010 but I'd rather see PMA piano than Not Alone live. Would rather see PMA piano than LOATR and Numb too, lol.

They need to play She Couldn't :)

You were there for PR08 in West Palm?

OH MY GOD I WAS TOO =O Loved it.

also Warner Bros. would assassinate all six of them if they tried She Couldn't, duh

As for the setlists...

I can see From the Inside getting cut, maybe Lying from You, Pushing Me Away, No More Sorrow, prolly Hands Held High, and all of them being replaced with new shit interspersed through the 09 setlist.

I see them dropping either Given Up or No More Sorrow, or rotating them. FTI and LFY yeah. But probably keep SIB and Numb...LP has to play those singles, lol!

Heck yeah I saw 4 shows in 2008 on Projekt Rev (Charlotte, WPB, Tampa, ATL) and WPB was by far the best. I had a BLAST. The crowd was just amazing and the setlist was A+. It's the only time I got to see What I've Done open the show...I loved it. Very very good show. I will be attending all future LP shows in West Palm Beach :P lol

I see them dropping either Given Up or No More Sorrow, or rotating them. FTI and LFY yeah. But probably keep SIB and Numb...LP has to play those singles, lol!

Heck yeah I saw 4 shows in 2008 on Projekt Rev (Charlotte, WPB, Tampa, ATL) and WPB was by far the best. I had a BLAST. The crowd was just amazing and the setlist was A+. It's the only time I got to see What I've Done open the show...I loved it. Very very good show. I will be attending all future LP shows in West Palm Beach :P lol

Mrrrr...kinda disagree with Given Up, I don't see LP dropping a single from M2M from the setlist so soon.

LPL meetup in West Palm? ;D

I don't see them dropping Given Up from the set. In an interview concerning the release of Road To Revolution Chester said that Given Up would reach this high energy level (like OSC) in the future too. So, I doubt that^^

I don't see them dropping Given Up from the set. In an interview concerning the release of Road To Revolution Chester said that Given Up would reach this high energy level (like OSC) in the future too. So, I doubt that^^

I don't remember this. If you have the time do you think you could try and find a link for this?

As for the setlists, I see a bunch of new album songs in the sets. 5-7 probably. Because of this though, I don't see very many oldies making it in. Lying From You/Given Up/Points Of Authority/From The Inside I think will probably all stay or be rotated. No More Sorrow and Pushing Me Away could be gone.

no No More Sorrow cant go!!! Id rather Somewhere I Belong or even Numb, but that wont happen

oh but they have to play those golden single, since the majority of the people there are there to hear them. And the main reason why we never hear the real gems.

Yeah the extended intro to NMS is always fucking awesome to hear, too bad it'll probably be eliminated by the next Album 4 single >>

As much as I love the long intro to No More Sorrow and as much as I want it to remain on the next cycle, I really think LP will drop that one. It was added in 2007 and they played it regularly until 2009...they don't usually keep intros/outros for that long. In fact, that one has stayed longer than any other song intro/outro on the Minutes To Midnight touring cycle. I'd like to see it again, but I do have to say I got my fair share of it - Charlotte, Tampa and Atlanta in 2008 and Graz, Zurich, Stuttgart and Grafenhainichen in 2009. I think the best long NMS intros came in 2007 with the kabouki because the lights were insane (type in No More Sorrow Linkin Park Raleigh) and check out the stage left video of it opening in 2007. 2008 was solid with the lights (see Tampa for a good example) but I liked the 07 one a tad more.

Like I said in the QWERTY thread, I really hope LP plays songs they haven't played in forever on the next cycle. With a 21 song setlist each night, they have plenty of room for singles, new songs and old shit for the hardcore fans. Satisfy everyone with an epic show. You can rotate singles. Do 2 encores and let the first encore have 1-2 songs we really want like And One or something.