2010 Setlist Predictions?

LPPRJKT4

Wat do u think the sets will be like? Assuming they stick to the M2M set cycle this is my prediction for the promo tours in Europe and such. This set seems pretty reasonable for the promo tour.

1. What I've Done (Ambo Intro)

2. Lying From You (extended intro)

3. Somewhere I Belong (new intro)

4. No More Sorrow (long intro or new intro)

5. New Song

6. Given Up (extended outro)

7. Papercut (THIS SONG BETTER COME BACK FOR AT LEAST A LITTLE!!)

8. Points of Authority (Extended Intro and Outro, revised)

9. Leave Out All The Rest

10. Breaking the Habit (some new piano intro, acapella outro)

11. Numb (piano outro)

12. New Song

13. New Song

14. Shadow of the Day

15. Hands Held High / Crawling (Reanimated Intro)

16. In The End

17. New Song

18. Bleed It Out (drum solo intro from 09 and singalong bridge)

Encore Break

19. Cure for the Itch or Session (some kinda instrumental I hope, maybe Lockjaw? XD)

20. New Divide (synth note intro)

21. Faint (extended outro)

22. One Step Closer (extended intro and outro)

Edited by LPPRJKT4

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will have 2 encore breaks since the tour will be supporting the new record.

Anyway mine back from Custom sets:

1. New Song (Cure For The Itch 07 Version Intro)

2. New Song

3. Across The Line

*4. What Ive Done (AMBO Intro)

5. Somewhere I Belong (07 Intro)

6. No More Sorrow (Short Intro)

7. Points (09 Version)

8. Shadow Of The Day

*9. Leave Out All The Rest

10. Breaking The Habit (09 Version)

11. New Song

12. Crawling (Melbourne [14.10.07] Intro)

13. In The End

14. Not Alone

15. New Song

16. From The Inside

17. Bleed It Out (Usual Extenders)

----------------------

18. New Song

19. Given Up

20. One Step Closer (07 Gunshot Intro, 09 Outro)

----------------------

21. New Divide (Synth Intro)

22. New Song

23. Faint (09 Outro)

* Could play the Shinoda remixes once in awhile

Seem realistic for a new setlist when the new record comes out?

And my TV set prediction:

Go with a TV set, like what they did in Webster Hall for the MTM promo show.

1. No More Sorrow

2. From The Inside

3. What Ive Done

4. Given Up

5. Crawling (Short Reanimation Intro)

6. In The End

7. Across The Line

8. Breaking The Habit

9. Points

10. One Step Closer (Outro Only)

------------------------

11. New Divide

12. NEW SONG

13. NEW SONG

14. Faint

15. Bleed It Out

(CBF with typing all extenders, usual ones used unless i said otherwise lol). Similar to the WH07 show, goes out to MTV. (Only add break is during encore)

see post above

EDIT by SpikeMinoda

Not tryin to be a downer, but couldn't disagree with this more. Across the Line has almost a 0 chance of being played live, it was a demo, and is unknown to nearly all their live audience. I also don't see Faint being the last song played live, not because its not realistic, but because its been done so much on recent setlists, I would suspect another song, maybe In The End or One Step Closer. I also really don't see Not Alone being played.

Anyways, wasn't trying to rip on your ideas, just expressing a dissenting opinion.

Edited by SpikeMinoda
too long quote text

QWERTY = Demo (Played)

Across The Line = Demo (Same chance as QWERTY)

Why wouldnt Faint end a set? I has before and its one of the greatest songs. One Step Closer im sick of ending shows. They did it for like 6-7 years. In The End would never close a show. The band likes it for encores. Goes out with a bang, but leaves energy for the next hit.

QWERTY = Demo (Played)

Why wouldnt Faint end a set? I has before and its one of the greatest songs. One Step Closer im sick of ending shows. They did it for like 6-7 years. In The End would never close a show. The band likes it for encores. Goes out with a bang, but leaves energy for the next hit.

QWERTY was supposed to be on the album. Nobody knows why they dropped it, but I'm guessing it was at the last minute and the band obviously thought it had got a good enough reception to be played live. It was heavy, minutes to midnight era, and pacified the older fans for a few moments. Across The Line does not fit anywhere in an LP setlist standard, therefore it most likely won't be played. Personally I think QWERTY was dropped because it was too heavy for M2M lol.

Edited by LPPRJKT4

QWERTY = Demo (Played)

Because both songs are demos doesn't give them the same chance of being played live, with your logic Reading My Eyes or the Carousel demo has the same odds. You asked "Why wouldn't Faint end a set" when you obviously saw my answer "I also don't see Faint being the last song played live, not because its not realistic, but because its been done so much on recent setlists, I would suspect another song." You being sick of One Step Closer has NOTHING to do with them choosing it or not, and since they played for intro's on some recent shows, it has would seemingly have a chance of ending again, if they were to change it up. In The End is easily their largest (or 2nd largest hit counting New Divide) and therefore could easily close a show, as it does have energy, especially after at the part of the bridge, and after. New Divide also seems to have a good chance of ending the show.

QWERTY was supposed to be on the album. Nobody knows why they dropped it, but I'm guessing it was at the last minute and the band obviously thought it had got a good enough reception to be played live. It was heavy, minutes to midnight era, and pacified the older fans for a few moments. Across The Line does not fit anywhere in an LP setlist standard, therefore it most likely won't be played. Personally I think QWERTY was dropped because it was too heavy for M2M lol.

No, QWERTY after August 2006 was just planned for an LPU release. It was not intended on being on MTM. QWERTY was dropped due to the band not liking the live version. 3 of them liked the live version in 2006 and 3 liked the studio version, so they combined the 2 for a live version but they ended up not liking that one so ti was dropped.

ATL fits perfectly with LP setlist standard. Fits right in there next to Breaking The Habit.

QWERTY was not supposed to be on MTM.

No, QWERTY after August 2006 was just planned for an LPU release. It was not intended on being on MTM. QWERTY was dropped due to the band not liking the live version. 3 of them liked the live version in 2006 and 3 liked the studio version, so they combined the 2 for a live version but they ended up not liking that one so ti was dropped.

ATL fits perfectly with LP setlist standard. Fits right in there next to Breaking The Habit.

to add to this, QWERTY was written in 2 days to be performed at Summer Sonic in 2006, which kind of explains a little bit to me as why it wasnt on the album in the first place. which reminds me (sorta), if there is a proshot of QWERTY, then shouldnt there be a proshot of Reading My Eyes too?

01. New Divide (one dronning note intro)

02. Given Up

03. Somewhere I Belong

04. NEW SONG

05. NEW SONG

06. Figure 09

07. From The Inside (feedback intro)

08. Points Of Authority (Its going down 1st verse acapella, second verse over the intro)

09. Pushing Me Away (piano)

10. Shadow Of The Day

11. Numb

12. Breaking The Habit (piano outro)

13. Blackbirds/Across the Line

14. Crawling (reanimated)

15. In The End

16. Bleed It Out (extended)

× × × × encore × × × ×

17. What I've Done (ambo intro)

18. NEW SONG (the leading single from the upcoming album)

19. One Step Closer (reanimated)

× × × × encore × × × ×

20. RARE PLAYED SONG (By Myself, Easier to Run etc.)

Edited by feelthless

Exactly.

2 times Given Up?

they really need to play FTI at every show and add Figure.09 before it and play the PR04 transition again, it was one of the best they ever did :D

What ? Wouldn't be nice if the play it 2 times at one gig? :P

jk. edited.

01. One Step Closer (New Joe Hahn Intro)

02. Somewhere I Belong (Studio Version)

03. No More Sorrow (2008 Intro)

04. New Song

05. Wake 2.0

06. Given Up (Extended Outro)

07. New Song

08. Points of Authority (Rap/Intro & Rap/Outro)

09. From The Inside

10. Shadow of the Day

11. Breaking the Habit (A Cappella Outro)

12. Numb

13. The Little Things Give You Away

14. New Song

15. New Song

16. Crawling (Studio Version)

17. In The End (Sing-a-Long Bridge)

18. New Song

19. Bleed It Out (Hahn Solo Intro and Extended Outro)

Encore 01

-------------

20. New Divide (Synth Intro)

Encore 02

-------------

22. What I've Done (AMBO Intro)

23. New Song (First Single)

01. One Step Closer (new intro; ext. outro)

02. Lying From You (summer 2008 intro)

03. No More Sorrow (short intro)

04. Wake 2.0

05. Given Up (ext. outro)

06. Papercut (Joe intro)

07. Points Of Authority (rap intro; riff outro both with some rhymes of FM/LP)

08. Figure.09 (PR 04 outro)

09. From The Inside (ext. intro)

10. New Song

11. New Song

12. Numb (piano outro)

13. Breaking The Habit (new intro; ext. outro)

14. New Song

15. The Little Things Give You Away (piano intro)

16. In The End (new Joe intro)

17. Hands Held High (Verse 1 A Cappela)

18. Crawling (KRWLNG intro w/ HHH verse 2)

19. Bleed It Out (drum solo intro; bridge with sing-along; slow-->fast outro)

----------------------------

20. New Divide (synth intro)

21. New Song

22. Easier To Run (ext. outro)

----------------------------

23. Cure For The Itch

24. A Place For My Head (ext. intro)

25. Forgotten (ext. bridge)

26. Faint (ext. outro)

Lol I'm not like disagreeing w u or anything, but personally I still believe the only reason they played QWERTY in 07 was to keep the metalhead fans happy during the set since they didnt' wanna play the older stuff. Across The Line isn't that heavy therefore leading me to disbelieve it will be played live. Maybe at one or two select shows then sure, but I just don't see it being played that often. I'm trying to stay realistic lol.

i dont care what LP plays so long as they close with A Place for My Head & One Step Closer and its a great setlist that doesnt resemble ANY of the 2004-2009 setlists save for the last two songs. Im tired of LP's generic setlists

They will have 2 encore breaks since the tour will be supporting the new record.

Anyway mine back from Custom sets:

Seem realistic for a new setlist when the new record comes out?

And my TV set prediction:

Go with a TV set, like what they did in Webster Hall for the MTM promo show.

(CBF with typing all extenders, usual ones used unless i said otherwise lol). Similar to the WH07 show, goes out to MTV. (Only add break is during encore)

EDIT by SpikeMinoda

Seems good to me, only thing I disagree with are Mike's remixes. I really doubt those were ever intended to be played live. LOATR for instance would just be Chester singing the same line over and over again.

Just not something LP is gonna do.

Edited by SpikeMinoda
too long quote text

Everyone is going with very big setlists...

I think they shouldn't go for more than 15-17 songs, 4-5 of those being new stuff... This way Chester may not tire himself everyday thus singing better.

For a TV set maybe. But thats way to short. LP usually adds another 2-3 slots per album (increasing the set enough for new and good oldies)

LP had been gone for awhile, and wanted something new to play at the Summer Sonic shows in 2006. Hence we received QWERTY. It was never meant to be on Minutes to Midnight, and it was written on the way to Japan with its only purpose to be something new to play.

Saying that Across The Line has as much of a chance as QWERTY to be played is dumb. QWERTY was written with every intent to be played very shortly. The same cannot be said about Across The Line. Considering LP hasn't played anything from LPU releases since 2002, and they have said repeatedly that they prefer to play singles above all else, it's not too far fetched to assume that they WOULD NOT play Across The Line. I understand we would all love it to be played, but honestly, beyond hope, what is there to go on that it has a chance to be played...

I would not be shocked if the setlist was something like this (for the first promo tour):

01. Given Up

02. Lying From You

03. Somewhere I Belong

04. NEW SONG

05. NEW SONG

06. What I've Done

07. Leave Out All The Rest

08. Numb

09. Breaking The Habit

10. Shadow Of The Day

11. Crawling

12. In The End

13. Bleed It Out

14. Faint

------------------------------

15. New Divide

16. NEW SONG

17. One Step Closer

After the MTM tour cycle, I'm more of a realist. The real truth is... LP normally doesn't do anything interesting (to us super fans) with their setlists... And it only got worse as the cycle went on. I cannot honestly believe they will play Across The Line, and it baffles me why some of you seem so sure.

Edited by Cyro