2010 Setlist Predictions?

LPPRJKT4

LOL

OSC into BIO is the most anticlimatic way to end the show...ever. I'm pretty sure if LP played OSC then tried to play BIO right after, I'd just say OSC was the last song and go home ;) That's the equivalent of playing Faint w/ ext. outro into Pushing Me Away (Piano Version).

The shows will be late in the year, I bet they play My December too

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

OSC into BIO is the most anticlimatic way to end the show...ever. I'm pretty sure if LP played OSC then tried to play BIO right after, I'd just say OSC was the last song and go home ;) That's the equivalent of playing Faint w/ ext. outro into Pushing Me Away (Piano Version).

The shows will be late in the year, I bet they play My December too

Lol do My December acapella like Chris Cornell does Like A Stone occasionally, WIN XD. And as far as BIO and OSC, if they played BIO right before OSC, and kept OSC completely extended, that would be the GREATEST closer ever.

----------------------------------------------------

16. New Song (1st Single)

17. Faint

18. One Step Closer

19. Bleed It Out

I like the idea of having an encore with a song from each album. They should definitely do that.

But I also agree that you can't have One Step Closer followed by Bleed it Out to end a show. That's just blasphemous.

Lol, when I originally put the set in, I accidentaly left BIO out, so I just edited it and put it in as last because of numbering and such. So here it is updated lol.

01. New Divide

02. New Song

03. Given Up

04. Somewhere I Belong

05. New Song

06. Lying From You

07. Points Of Authority

08. What I've Done

09. New Song

10. Numb

11. Breaking The Habit

12. Shadow Of The Day

13. Crawling

14. In The End

15. Bleed it Out

17. Faint

18. One Step Closer

Lol, when I originally put the set in, I accidentaly left BIO out, so I just edited it and put it in as last because of numbering and such. So here it is updated lol.

01. New Divide

02. New Song

03. Given Up

04. Somewhere I Belong

05. New Song

06. Lying From You

07. Points Of Authority

08. What I've Done

09. New Song

10. Numb

11. Breaking The Habit

12. Shadow Of The Day

13. Crawling

14. In The End

15. Bleed it Out

17. Faint

18. One Step Closer

This is almost identical to the 2009 setlist.

BIO or Faint should be the closer IMO. Song wise, they're better closers than OSC.

Popularity amongst LP fans however, would lean towards OSC closing out the show.

They could go with a new closer from the new album but we'll have to wait and see.

I personally would like OSC to open and then Faint/BIO to close.

• 2 weeks later...

1. "NEW INTRO" (The Requiem?)

2. "NEW SONG"

3. Given Up (ext. outro)

4. Lying From You

5. By Myself (into.......)

6. With You

7. Figure.09

8. No More Sorrow

9. "NEW SONG"

10. Somewhere I Belong

11. Points of Authority (Dedicated intro, opening "Blackbirds" rap outro)

12. Blackbirds

13. Numb

14. Shadow of the Day

15. "NEW SONG"

16. Breaking the Habit

17. Hands Held High (Acapella)

18. Crawling

19. In the End

20. "NEW SONG"

21. Bleed It Out

22. "NEW SONG"

*ENCORE*

23. The Catalyst

24. Across the Line

25. Faint

*ENCORE 2*

26. New Divide

27. What I've Done

28. One Step Closer

HT - 6 Songs

Meteora - 6 songs

MTM - 6 songs

ATS - 7 songs

Other - 3 songs

TV Setlist -

1. What I've Done

2. Faint

3. "NEW SONG"

4. Numb

5. In the End

6. New Divide

7. The Catalyst

Edited by High_Voltage

They will play all 15 songs on the upcoming tours. They HAVE to play them, even if some of their song will be played few times, just like In Between. With 15 songs on the new album , and a 21-23 songs limit, songs like LFY, NMS and others non-singles will be erased from the setlist for sure.

Edited by feelthless

They will play all 15 songs on the upcoming tours. They HAVE to play them, even if some of their song will be played few times, just like In Between. With 15 songs on the new album , and a 21-23 songs limit, songs like LFY, NMS and others non-singles will be erased from the setlist for sure.

Who says they have a 21-23 song-limit? I saw an almost 40-year old Green Day pull out a nearly 40 song set-list. LP should be doing NO LESS than 25 songs this time around.

Don't think you'll see "She Couldn't" but could be wrong.

100% positive they will never perform She Couldn't. They can't even legally TALK about that song in public, according to Mike.

I cannot see LP only adding like four new songs to the setlist. Half the album easily, with prolly almost the entire album rotated in at some point.

They only played 3 songs from Minutes to Midnight at the beginning of the touring cycle (they made it 4 by adding BIO pretty quickly though), and they claimed that was "a lot." Don't be surprised if you can count the number of new songs on one hand for the first leg of shows coming up.

Who says they have to, or are even able to, play every song from the album live at some point? I highly doubt every song the band releases for their entire career will be feasible to translate into a live setting - Hands Held High flat-out did not work live because they didn't have a choir of voices to back them up, which is exactly why they stopped playing it, Mike's said as much. I'm sure if they would've known ahead of time that they'd come up that far short of doing the song justice on stage, they'd probably never have attempted it in the first place. If the band's always seeking to move forward sonically, the probability of there being songs on new albums that don't translate live is only going to increase over time.

I'd say we see 8-10 songs from the album performed live within the first year, and a couple more stragglers added to the set near the end of the cycle as "experiments" that never really end up being played much (like In Between and Valentine's Day). With this many songs on the album, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it takes more than one album's touring cycle before they play all 15 tracks, IF they ever play all 15 tracks live.

1. The Requiem/The Radiance

2. Somewhere I Belong

3. Given Up

4. New Song (Heavier One)

5. Papercut

6. Lying from You

7. Points of Authority

8. New Song

9. What I've Done

10. Numb

11. Leave out all the Rest

12. Breaking the Habit

13. New Ballad

14. Crawling

15. In the End

16. New Song (The Messenger?)

-------------------------------------

17. New Divide

18. The Catalyst

19. Bleed it Out

-------------------------------------

20. Faint

21. A Place for My Head

22. One Step Closer

Edited by FearOfTheDuck

I can actually see something similiar happening in the future. 6-7 new songs seem realistic and I'm pretty sure they would never play more than 22/23 songs.

So, we have the new songs, the singles and some classics and our chances to hear some old shit go down to zero :(

Think I must agree with the guy above.

Since now they need to make room for new stuff and they are surely not able to take off their most well-known singles, they'll not be able to play old stuff/b-sides as we all want.

Generally, the first three songs off of albums appeal to the masses, because artists want the album to draw you in so you'll want to listen to the whole CD. I'm guessing The Requiem, The Radiance and Burning In The Skies will all be in the set. I don't know what songs they'll be playing off of ATS, but I'm sure those 3 and The Catalyst will all definitely be played. And then the singles from HT, Meteora and MTM. Which is 13 songs from the last 3 albums.

Im not fussed on the set, as long as they keep it badass with not half of it boring shit that puts ya to sleep. although it does make it better when the heavier tracks come back lol, the shit hits the fan then!

what do you guys think are the odds of having In Pieces played live in the next 2 years?

I'd love to hear that live again myself, I did when I saw them at MSG, but doubt it'll be played, though never say never!