Rob's LPU Chat today

Nameless

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it, finally someone who is not led by their extreme fanaticism to Linkin Park.

I will be the first one to tell you, I was disappointed with Minutes to Midnight. I was expecting something different but the album went in a direction that I didn't like. Less rap, Less scratching, and less heavy metal. I took a big step away from LP at that time. I looked at the album from the eyes of a non-fan and realized that the elements that made me love the band in the first place were still there, just more mature and evolved. I was also disappointed with DBS. So yeah, I'm a fan and I love LP, but not everything they do is perfect and I don't expect perfection, neither should you.

I'm just saying that NOW the other bands from the nu metal mainstream will release their albums and I'm sure they will kick the LP arses.

Linkin Park hasn't been Nu-Metal since the release of Minutes to Midnight. They even state in their interviews that they don't want to be under that label anymore. So go ahead and compare apples and oranges, we'll watch and laugh.

I'm a fool with no sense of music and Madison cover is bullshit

I'm glad you agree with us. :rolleyes: LP might not be the best musicians in the world, but at least they could come up with some decent lyrics and screams.

I'm not attacking LP blindly, just take some albums from Dream Theater, Tool, Anathema, Porcupine Tree, Opeth, whichever you want, and compare.

LP cannot be compared to these bands. As much as you would like to believe, LP is mainstream. The reason they are mainstream? Millions of people love their music. Their music is popular. Popular = Pop. So yeah, I am saying that Linkin Park plays Pop/Rock music. Other Pop/Rock artists to compare to: Paramore, Papa Roach, Three Days Grace, and even The All American Rejects could easily be compared to LP than Dream Theater or Opeth.

Bad example, I'll put a better one: Dream Theater. Everyone here who knows about music (and not fucking mainstream and stuff) will understand me. Linkin Park have reached a point where its music can't go through it. I mean, they try to remake themselves but they won't do at all. Brad Delson is one of the worst guitarist of the world, the fact that he doesn't like to play solos is just an example; Rob Bourdon is not the typical crazy drummer we all are used to, he's a no technical drummer, a skinny guy like Joey Jordison (just for a example) eat him from the top to the bottom: Phoenix is the no bassist, I mean, he only do anything, move his fingers and that's all (I think he's never heard Tool); Mr. Hahn he just punches his table and just that, makes some videos and just that. And Mike paints and Chester scream and smoke dope all the time. That's a band? I don't think so.

For years I've been following Linkin Park, its lyrics touch my heart and it's my favourite band, but it is just like listening Nirvana or some other death band: just listening the all same thing, the all same gold stuff that they won't ever be able to do again. And know we'll see real good stuff from Deftones, Limp Bizkit, Korn,..., but Linkin Park will still be there, stuck to Rick Rubin and planning what to do and what to paint and what to fuck off.

I'm sorry, but that's the truth

Why bother to join an great fansite comunity to just BASH the band its made for!?

Join a Dream Theatre forum, and bitch as much as you like about LP there.

I thought I clicked the thread "Rob's LPU chat"....

Yea, I agree....sorry I rambled.

I didn't attend the chat. I figured no new real information would be given until a CD release gets closer. Glad I didn't miss anything. <_<

You can't just compare A Night to Remember, from Dream Theater, with Somewhere I Belong.

I'm glad you agree. Somewhere i belong fuckin wins. that song is a fuckin masterpiece.

I'm just saying that NOW the other bands from the nu metal mainstream will release their albums and I'm sure they will kick the LP arses.

LP FUCKIN OWNS ANY OF YOUR BIRD-SHIT BANDS

Then go ahead and kick me

Ok!, but can i kick you in the balls?

whatever you want, I won't care

Awesome!

Join a Dream Theatre forum, and bitch as much as you like about LP there.

They dont got forums, cause they suck more then dracula.

I thought I clicked the thread "Rob's LPU chat"....

LOL!

PS: LPFreak's post was fuckin funny

take it easy there lpworld, i agree that lp takes forever to release anything. I kinda get why they wont describe the new record agreeing with what adam said. But i would like more info than "we are having a good time, its visual, end of year"

I thought Jonas Brother's fans were worst and pretty much fanatics...but I was wrong :lol: :P

Ok. Here's the deal - This is a Linkin Park fansite, not some general music site. Say something negative about the band, people are going to want to defend.

Keep up posting shit like this and I will remove you from the site for trolling. Got it?

Do you really think I'm trolling? I said it before, being a following a band and stuff doesn't mean alright, I'll defend it whatever happens. I'm just sharing my opinion, but this is stupid, if people can't respect opinion from someone who's dissappointed it's not my fault. It's just a maturity problem. If you think I got registered here just for trolling you're mistaken. I did it, I remember, when New Divide was about to get released, in May. I thought here first than other page it would appear if the song was leaked. So here's the point, I'm just sharing my thoughts with you. I was on the chat yesterday (LPU username nico_skinnyman), and if I'd wanted to waste money I think that joining LPU is not the best thing you can do. Like all of you I log here wondering if someone says 'LP have revealed the brand new album name' or everything, I know that last thing was not good, but just stop and think: Am I wrong? Man, when MTM was released I was really happy, thinking 'oh my god, this is heaven' but along the last years I've been realizing that LP is bullshit compared with other bands. And that's what I'm saying. And if it's not just because they want to, then prove it. Go and release an album like Meteora, or like Hybrid Theory. Hell, By Myself is probably the best song along the whole songs from a nu metal band. And not only that, but every song from HT. And you watch Deftones career and I think 'What happened? What the hell has happened to LP?'.

I really hope all this secrecy around the new disk is then worthwhile. I will be happier if so.

Do you really think I'm trolling?

I do. Tell me - why did you remove the image from your post if you feel you did nothing wrong and weren't trolling? You know the one where the kid is sitting in the hallway looking dejected with the header saying 'I'm going to go listen to Linkin Park'. You having edited it out of your post doesn't remove it from my memory.

I'm not attacking LP blindly, just take some albums from Dream Theater, Tool, Anathema, Porcupine Tree, Opeth, whichever you want, and compare.

Dude, you do the same shit everyone did a while ago..when you cant tell what genre of music a band is playing, calling them Nu Metal. Epic fail dude. how can you compare obviously diferrent styles of music?

Plus,music is a matter of taste. That means you cant convince anyone that those bands play better music.You can like endless solos and endless jaming with the instruments and brutal vocals but we dont :)

You can like endless solos and endless jaming with the instruments and brutal vocals but we dont :)

what brutal vocals? i dont think theres anyone more brutal then chester.

Chester can be brutal if he wants and whenever he wants. I'd like to see any of those bullshit bands of loxias make a cover of Given up with the 17 sec scream, with so much energy like chester, they cant!.

Go and release an album like Meteora, or like Hybrid Theory. Hell, By Myself is probably the best song along the whole songs from a nu metal band. And not only that, but every song from HT. And you watch Deftones career and I think 'What happened? What the hell has happened to LP?'.

I really hope all this secrecy around the new disk is then worthwhile. I will be happier if so.

LOL. You think By Myself is one of the greatest songs? By Myself is probably my least favorite Linkin Park song. The riff is so repetitive and annoying at the beginning. The band doesn't even like the song. BTW, I hate to break it to you, but 'Nu-Metal' really isn't a genre, so you should stop using it, especially on Linkin Park fansites, because it just makes you sound like a complete idiot. What has happened to LP? They evolved. They went from dying to being one of the most successful bands since 2000. It's called Minutes To Midnight. The album with one of the biggest rock songs ever chart wise (What I've Done). The album that they did 5 huge tours from with a bunch of amazing, huge bands and artists. 5 singles, all did pretty damn well. So someone must like the album right? People know what good music is. Dream Theatre is a good band that's well established, but it's kind of idiotic of you to come on the boards and complain about how LP is a worse band. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you can't even make a valid argument because you sound so unintelligent when you post.

wow.....this got really reallly off topic lol. i agree with some things loxias is saying but then there is alot of stuff i dont agree with. and to the people that will read that and start to bash it. read the whole thing please.

number 1 he is right that people are fanatical on here. there are bands out there that are better than Linkin Park. I know some of you might hate to hear that but its the truth.

number 2 going along with number so the "fanatical" people i talked about bash me. Everyone has their own musical tastes. i mean like everyone on here cept probably you fanatics listen to dozens of other artists.

Number 3 seriously everyone is entitled to their opinion. but loxias you kinda went a bit crazy man. like you could have said stuff in an easier way.

number 4 yes linkin park has evolved they are still evolving.

number 5 loxias dude you cant Compare Dream Theater to LP. like seriously dream theater has been along for over 20 years. and they are Progressive-Metal on top of it. their genre is nothing like LP's

Number 6 loxias you did the same thing as the fanatics. you refuse to see any other band except those that you love. you just tried to compare LP with Dream Theater. Like i said before seriously.

Number 7 Going with your analysis of the band......

Yes Rob is not the best drummer. he sticks to simple things though because thats the essence of the band itself.

Brad has said time and time again that he doesnt do guitar solos because he wants to keep it with the essence of the

band, BUT have you heard the solos on MTM. i mean yes they were simplistic but those solos are sometimes the best ones. The melodic ones. But the In Pieces solo he shreds lol. same with when he plays the outro of Faint Live.

Phoenix yeah i never really though he showed much potential as a bassist. Joe he does alot of programming that you dont see live because it is put into his midi pads.

Chester quit smoking. and his voice is sorta dying. and LPWorld have you heard Given up live now. he cant keep that up. Do you realize what they did to his voice for Given Up. Its Layered and there are effects to give it more distortion.

finally Mike.....he plays keyboard, guitar, and synthesizer. Along with rapping and singing. Producing the album and he paints. have you seen the paintings he did. they are amazing. and he really is an amazing musician.

Finally to all the people that are just bashing the people that say something bad about LP. loxias is right that you should take the blind-fold off. The sun doesnt shine out of LP's ass. I think you should look at them from a different perspective. Also be able to listen to people and not just criticize people just because their opinions are a little bit different then yours. Every single person has the right to say what they feel. But people should try to say it in a way that is logical and not offensive.

Now thats my 2 cents. So bash me if you will. but its my opinion and all your doing if you dont respect my opinion is making yourself look like a little kid who doesnt get his way.

wow.....this got really reallly off topic lol. i agree with some things loxias is saying but then there is alot of stuff i dont agree with. and to the people that will read that and start to bash it. read the whole thing please.

number 1 he is right that people are fanatical on here. there are bands out there that are better than Linkin Park. I know some of you might hate to hear that but its the truth.

number 2 going along with number so the "fanatical" people i talked about bash me. Everyone has their own musical tastes. i mean like everyone on here cept probably you fanatics listen to dozens of other artists.

Number 3 seriously everyone is entitled to their opinion. but loxias you kinda went a bit crazy man. like you could have said stuff in an easier way.

number 4 yes linkin park has evolved they are still evolving.

number 5 loxias dude you cant Compare Dream Theater to LP. like seriously dream theater has been along for over 20 years. and they are Progressive-Metal on top of it. their genre is nothing like LP's

Number 6 loxias you did the same thing as the fanatics. you refuse to see any other band except those that you love. you just tried to compare LP with Dream Theater. Like i said before seriously.

Number 7 Going with your analysis of the band......

Yes Rob is not the best drummer. he sticks to simple things though because thats the essence of the band itself.

Brad has said time and time again that he doesnt do guitar solos because he wants to keep it with the essence of the

band, BUT have you heard the solos on MTM. i mean yes they were simplistic but those solos are sometimes the best ones. The melodic ones. But the In Pieces solo he shreds lol. same with when he plays the outro of Faint Live.

Phoenix yeah i never really though he showed much potential as a bassist. Joe he does alot of programming that you dont see live because it is put into his midi pads.

Chester quit smoking. and his voice is sorta dying. and LPWorld have you heard Given up live now. he cant keep that up. Do you realize what they did to his voice for Given Up. Its Layered and there are effects to give it more distortion.

finally Mike.....he plays keyboard, guitar, and synthesizer. Along with rapping and singing. Producing the album and he paints. have you seen the paintings he did. they are amazing. and he really is an amazing musician.

Finally to all the people that are just bashing the people that say something bad about LP. loxias is right that you should take the blind-fold off. The sun doesnt shine out of LP's ass. I think you should look at them from a different perspective. Also be able to listen to people and not just criticize people just because their opinions are a little bit different then yours. Every single person has the right to say what they feel. But people should try to say it in a way that is logical and not offensive.

Now thats my 2 cents. So bash me if you will. but its my opinion and all your doing if you dont respect my opinion is making yourself look like a little kid who doesnt get his way.

Yes, but you don't understand that this is a Linkin Park FANSITE. If someone comes on here and makes fun of LP, people are going to defend. You can't be mad that people are defending their favorite band, especially on a fansite. If you are going to bash the band in every post then why post on the site at all and start needless arguments? I mean really.

Yes, but you don't understand that this is a Linkin Park FANSITE. If someone comes on here and makes fun of LP, people are going to defend. You can't be mad that people are defending their favorite band, especially on a fansite. If you are going to bash the band in every post then why post on the site at all and start needless arguments? I mean really.

i wasnt saying people arent gonna defend but like some people were getting a bit ridiculous. i wasnt bashing the band either. i was just giving my opinion. and trying to stay the middle ground. like i love Linkin Park as much as anyone else and i will defend them....to a point. thats what i was trying to say. like you have to admit some people were making LP seem infallible.

but isnt this supposed to be talking bout rob's chat?

Edited by gtrnowak4tkd