Rob's LPU Chat today

Nameless

They probably don't describe the album with more detail because if they did and they happen to change that aspect of the album before its released, you guys would be like, "OMG they suck! They said it was going to sound like a mix of the outro of Papercut mixed with the extended long version from the show in 2006 of Faint but it totally sounds like the 2008 super extended long version of faint. Total bullshit!"

Just sayin.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of John Frusciante's (Ex RHCP) solo career can you believe that he released SEVEN albums between the 2001 & 2005? not live album, no remix album, only original stuff

Bad example, I'll put a better one: Dream Theater. Everyone here who knows about music (and not fucking mainstream and stuff) will understand me. Linkin Park have reached a point where its music can't go through it. I mean, they try to remake themselves but they won't do at all. Brad Delson is one of the worst guitarist of the world, the fact that he doesn't like to play solos is just an example; Rob Bourdon is not the typical crazy drummer we all are used to, he's a no technical drummer, a skinny guy like Joey Jordison (just for a example) eat him from the top to the bottom: Phoenix is the no bassist, I mean, he only do anything, move his fingers and that's all (I think he's never heard Tool); Mr. Hahn he just punches his table and just that, makes some videos and just that. And Mike paints and Chester scream and smoke dope all the time. That's a band? I don't think so.

For years I've been following Linkin Park, its lyrics touch my heart and it's my favourite band, but it is just like listening Nirvana or some other death band: just listening the all same thing, the all same gold stuff that they won't ever be able to do again. And know we'll see real good stuff from Deftones, Limp Bizkit, Korn,..., but Linkin Park will still be there, stuck to Rick Rubin and planning what to do and what to paint and what to fuck off.

I'm sorry, but that's the truth

I'm a big fan of John Frusciante's (Ex RHCP) solo career can you believe that he released SEVEN albums between the 2001 & 2005? not live album, no remix album, only original stuff

1st. im a big fan of the Snowgoons and they released 1 album in 2007, 1 album in 2008, 5 albums just in 2009, and 1 already in 2010.

2nd. Do you actually think any albums of this John Frusciante dude can compare to LP? i've never even heard of that dude, probably cause he's a bad artist and thats why he released so much stuff. NO OFFENSE MAN.

Bad example, I'll put a better one: Dream Theater. Everyone here who knows about music (and not fucking mainstream and stuff) will understand me. Linkin Park have reached a point where its music can't go through it. I mean, they try to remake themselves but they won't do at all. Brad Delson is one of the worst guitarist of the world, the fact that he doesn't like to play solos is just an example; Rob Bourdon is not the typical crazy drummer we all are used to, he's a no technical drummer, a skinny guy like Joey Jordison (just for a example) eat him from the top to the bottom: Phoenix is the no bassist, I mean, he only do anything, move his fingers and that's all (I think he's never heard Tool); Mr. Hahn he just punches his table and just that, makes some videos and just that. And Mike paints and Chester scream and smoke dope all the time. That's a band? I don't think so.

For years I've been following Linkin Park, its lyrics touch my heart and it's my favourite band, but it is just like listening Nirvana or some other death band: just listening the all same thing, the all same gold stuff that they won't ever be able to do again. And know we'll see real good stuff from Deftones, Limp Bizkit, Korn,..., but Linkin Park will still be there, stuck to Rick Rubin and planning what to do and what to paint and what to fuck off.

WOW! Can anyone literally ban this asshole!?

Edited by LinkinParkWorld

They probably don't describe the album with more detail because if they did and they happen to change that aspect of the album before its released, you guys would be like, "OMG they suck! They said it was going to sound like a mix of the outro of Papercut mixed with the extended long version from the show in 2006 of Faint but it totally sounds like the 2008 super extended long version of faint. Total bullshit!"

Just sayin.

QFT.

And LOL at loxias' post....

Edited by ProjektCharlotte

@ to someone wonder why LP don't give us a clue about the name of the song. Because they don't want tons of fake tracks get into the internet and you'll waste your time for checking them.

@ to the asshole: I think you should listen to LP's songs with another artist/bands or cover versions instead of LP if they are the assholes in your eyes.

This has to be the absolute stupidest post I have ever seen on any Linkin Park forum or page that I have ever visited in my life. People on YouTube and Blabbermouth aren't even this bad. :blink:

1st. im a big fan of the Snowgoons and they released 1 album in 2007, 1 album in 2008, 5 albums just in 2009, and 1 already in 2010.

2nd. Do you actually think any albums of this John Frusciante dude can compare to LP? i've never even heard of that dude, probably cause he's a bad artist and thats why he released so much stuff. NO OFFENSE MAN.

WOW! Can anyone literally ban this asshole!?

It's just an example that good music can be released pretty quick

I dont care if you dont like Frusciante or not, he's a good artist to me.

Even Mike posted in his blog something about Beatles albums that were released so fast, his idea was to release the new album soon.

They were trying to release the new album in the 2009, Mike comment's about the new album (''We are trying to not suck'') makes me think that someting is happening, something bad, maybe they dont like what they are doing...

EDIT by SpikeMinoda:

This has to be the absolute stupidest post I have ever seen on any Linkin Park forum or page that I have ever visited in my life. People on YouTube and Blabbermouth aren't even this bad. :blink:

He's a great musician, have you ever seen his version of Madison it's just awesome music, great lyrics.

:lol:

Edited by SpikeMinoda
double post

Mike comment's about the new album (''We are trying to not suck'') makes me think that someting is happening, something bad, maybe they dont like what they are doing...

when did Mike said that?it doesnt sound like him. i mean he always gives us high hopes, he promised it to be groundbreaking..and even Chester promised it to be "fucking insane" in his twitter

when did Mike said that?it doesnt sound like him. i mean he always gives us high hopes, he promised it to be groundbreaking..and even Chester promised it to be "fucking insane" in his twitter

If I recall right, I think a fan asked him:

"What's the theme of the new album"

Mike: "Don't Suck"

This probably on his blog...it is in his Q&A topic!!

Edited by ShadowThanatos

Hard words but I think I have to agree. OK, Rob is not as bad I think.

LPs old sound was the fact that they became a name behind something new. And the free sharing idea for the DSPs was awesome. LPU was a cool platform with cds which were just created for its members. But now they are completely main stream and make a lot of pop music. This underground cds (not the right name I think) can be bought by everyone. So they are like lots of other bands now. There isn't much difference. So let's be realistic. They are bad musicians. Mike can create simple songs which I like to listen to. But it isn't possible to compare lp with the great metal bands like Slipknot or Dream Theater.

They are much more talented. DT has lots of specials for their fans. And the albums are not 35 minutes long. They give us albums with a length of 70 minutes for less money by the way.

Just sayin.

I hear that so much and I don't think its true at all. A few people may. Everyone knows things are subject to change, you don't go holding back information or whatever in case it changes.

All you ever hear from LP is ' it's hard to describe ', waaay back since pre MTM.

Loxias.....congrats...you win the award for dumbest post, maybe ever, on here. You must be proud. If Chester would just stop smoking so much dope, maybe they could get this album out quicker. Good call on Limp Bizkit too. They keep putting out quality material year after year. WOW. You really take the cake.

Just sayin.

I hear you, but it would give us something to discuss when theres no lp news at all. Besides the d2d and 8 bit news, there's been virtually no lp news for months.

Hard words but I think I have to agree. OK, Rob is not as bad I think.

LPs old sound was the fact that they became a name behind something new. And the free sharing idea for the DSPs was awesome. LPU was a cool platform with cds which were just created for its members. But now they are completely main stream and make a lot of pop music. This underground cds (not the right name I think) can be bought by everyone. So they are like lots of other bands now. There isn't much difference. So let's be realistic. They are bad musicians. Mike can create simple songs which I like to listen to. But it isn't possible to compare lp with the great metal bands like Slipknot or Dream Theater.

They are much more talented. DT has lots of specials for their fans. And the albums are not 35 minutes long. They give us albums with a length of 70 minutes for less money by the way.

That's it, finally someone who is not led by their extreme fanaticism to Linkin Park. One thing to be a follower and quite another to be a blind toady. You can't just compare A Night to Remember, from Dream Theater, with Somewhere I Belong.

So castro, you don't know how to read? I'm just saying that NOW the other bands from the nu metal mainstream will release their albums and I'm sure they will kick the LP arses. Alright, Limp Bizkit have launched...5 albums since 1997 or stuff. Okay, you're right, but I'm not treating that theme. Deftones for example, they changed its style with Saturday Night Wrist, just like LP but one year earlier. That album is just a master piece, in my opinion (now will come LinkinJoze or whatever is called and says that I'm a fool with no sense of music and Madison cover is bullshit and everything, man, buy a doll and fuck her), they did just what LP do one year later, but there's light years between these discs. Linkin Park are just the top of the nu metal mainstream (or they were), but that doesn't mean they are music Yoda masters or whatever, here in Spain I know lots of bands with pretty much qualities than LP (like Berri Txarrak, even playing another kind of music). That's why I'm complaining. I'm not attacking LP blindly, just take some albums from Dream Theater, Tool, Anathema, Porcupine Tree, Opeth, whichever you want, and compare.

Then go ahead and kick me whatever you want, I won't care, that's just the fucking opinion from a guy who already removed his blindfold.

Edited by loxias

That's it, finally someone who is not led by their extreme fanaticism to Linkin Park. One thing to be a follower and quite another to be a blind toady. You can't just compare A Night to Remember, from Dream Theater, with Somewhere I Belong.

So castro, you don't know how to read? I'm just saying that NOW the other bands from the nu metal mainstream will release their albums and I'm sure they will kick the LP arses. Alright, Limp Bizkit have launched...5 albums since 1997 or stuff. Okay, you're right, but I'm not treating that theme. Deftones for example, they changed its style with Saturday Night Wrist, just like LP but one year earlier. That album is just a master piece, in my opinion (now will come LinkinJoze or whatever is called and says that I'm a fool with no sense of music and Madison cover is bullshit and everything, man, buy a doll and fuck her), they did just what LP do one year later, but there's light years between these discs. Linkin Park are just the top of the nu metal mainstream (or they were), but that doesn't mean they are music Yoda masters or whatever, here in Spain I know lots of bands with pretty much qualities than LP (like Berri Txarrak, even playing another kind of music). That's why I'm complaining. I'm not attacking LP blindly, just take some albums from Dream Theater, Tool, Anathema, Porcupine Tree, Opeth, whichever you want, and compare.

Then go ahead and kick me whatever you want, I won't care, that's just the fucking opinion from a guy who already removed his blindfold.

What's nu-metal? :mellow: