Least favorite linkin park song?

LPjahova808

I usualy agree with Astat on this, but comparing LP to Led Zep!? 0_o

Another guy a couple of weeks ago was comparing them to f**king "Dream theatre"! I mean, C'mon...

With that logic the majority of LP's catalogue is complete rubbish if you mesure them up like that.

Great songs don't nessisarly mean super complex time signitures, intricate solos, crazy fills etc etc...

thats what I like about LP, they can put together fantastic songs without going down that route. Sometimes simple is better.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usualy agree with Astat on this, but comparing LP to Led Zep!? 0_o

Another guy a couple of weeks ago was comparing them to f**king "Dream theatre"! I mean, C'mon...

With that logic the majority of LP's catalogue is complete rubbish if you mesure them up like that.

Great songs don't nessisarly mean super complex time signitures, intricate solos, crazy fills etc etc...

thats what I like about LP, they can put together fantastic songs without going down that route. Sometimes simple is better.

Great, great post. A lot of times people think in order for a song to be good it has to be super complex and out of this world. I have come to find out that sometimes a simple bass line and drum beat is the best method for making a great song rock. LP uses this to its full advantage. There's no denying its great to hear some bad ass super hard guitar solo but sometimes simple is better. Who cares if it only took you a day to learn a guitar part or drum part.... if it sounds good and means something to you, that's all that damn matters.

1. Why the hell would I tell them to get rid of Rick when I think he is approximately 34956754697596754689 times better a producer than Don Gilmore? Re-read my list more carefully, over half of it is from Meteora.

2. Give me a couple months with a Pro Tools rig to learn all the nuances of the software, and I probably could produce a Linkin Park album...but what does the producer have to do with this anyway? The producer doesn't write the songs, the band does...except in the case of Don Gilmore, where he then makes the band re-write the songs over and over until most of them suck ass and have little to no relevance to the original inspiration for writing the song in the first place.

3. To anybody who has ever heard truly good music, at least the top 3 songs on my list would indisputably qualify as complete shit. I suggest people who think Numb and Hit the Floor are great songs go listen to some Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin or The Who, then give those songs another listen, and if they still think they're so "great," they should probably buy some stock in the company that manufactures Q-Tips. I could write a song like Numb in less than an hour.

well why dont you tell us whats good music, since noone in this forum knows but you, led zeppelin can kiss my ass, hit the floor is kick ass song, so ill go buy my q-tips nd in the meanwhile you start writing numb pt. 2

• 2 weeks later...

hhfghfgh

I think Hit the Floor is one of LP's most underrated and most unique songs to be honest. You can actually hear the bass line, the riff is sweet, and I love the mechanical sound at the end of the first verse (sounds like one of those Jurassic Park generators turning off or something). I love the punk delivery of the chorus and the structure of the song is very different than most of LP's work at the time. The acapella section in the middle is nasty. I think Hit the Floor is bad ass and a solid piece of work. Unfortunately, the band and many of you don't feel the same.

If I had time I would compose a list like Astat because I like to do lists, but I don't have the time, so I'm going to say In Between is definitely my least favorite track. I can't even remember the last time I listened to that track. If they wanted Mike to sing those lyrics, I just don't understand why they couldn't find a better instrumental with more "live band" interaction. There's no climax, buildup, its just a monotone and boring song. No Roads Left, by every measure, is far, far superior to this track.

Honorable Mentions: Runaway, Leave Out All The Rest, Valentine's Day

I couldn't agree with you more. In all honesty, Hit The Floor is an amazing song. I love the riff, I also love how you can actually hear the bassline, and I love the verses. I would kill for a demo of this song.

Do not like Forgotten or By Myself anymore.

Seems we have similar tastes, never cared for "Forgotten" too much nor "By Myself." The Reanimation version is a bit better imo. Though I certainly listen to them I must admit, just not favorites.

Do not like Forgotten or By Myself anymore.

It's funny, I pretty much hate both of those songs in terms of LP (but I like the guitar and bass stuff in the verses of Forgotten), but I LOVE the Reanimation versions.

Edited by Aiman

It's funny, I pretty much hate both of those songs in terms of LP (but I like the guitar and bass stuff in the verses of Forgotten), but I LOVE the Reanimation versions.

Its just that chorus is so mediocre, "from the top to the bottom," sorry to say borderline annoying. And the Ho-Hahh, well w/e doesn't add or subtract.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,I think Forgotten is a kick-ass song,very great and powerful!!!!

but I agree that by myself is too weak and strange(However,By Myself is always my favorite,I like the scream part of the song,very awesome!!!)

Edited by franktaiwan

this is really wierd, hybrid theory and meteora are their "most succesful" albums, and everyone's hating on classics like by myself, forgotten and runaway, i love those songs, and the lyrics are great

Edited by LinkinParkWorld

this is really wierd, hybrid theory and meteora are their "most succesful" albums, and everyone's hating on classics like by myself, forgotten and runaway, i love those songs, and the lyrics are great

How is the fact that people have opinions weird?

• 2 weeks later...

There are about one song for each album that i really dislike.

Hybrid Theory - Runaway

Reanimation - PPr:Kut

Meteora - Easier to run

Minutes to Midnight - Valentine's day, Leave Out All the Rest (two, doh)

EDIT: Valentine's day a pretty good song until the song comes to the valentines day shit part in the second half of the song.

Edited by Danche

well why dont you tell us whats good music, since noone in this forum knows but you, led zeppelin can kiss my ass, hit the floor is kick ass song, so ill go buy my q-tips nd in the meanwhile you start writing numb pt. 2

No offence man but seriously. I know astat over you. All i know about you is you talk too much and have a very narrow point of view,

On the topic I hateeeee hit the floor music. Serious that riff does my head in after a while. And the chorus is the same thing as the riff expect a few different chords. Lyrics arnt flash hot either. Id put my on that as my worst song.