"Digital Souvenir Package" Discussion

hahninator

Ah yes. Two great points I didn't mention.

The pictures should include a picture of a setlist every time, I agree. One of each band member, one of the crowd, and maybe one other cool one (full band shot from the crowd) would be cool. Or the stage/venue pre-show (like Shanghai).

Editing the DSP's for mistakes is very very dumb in my opinion. Totally ruins the exclusiveness of the track. Chester let the crowd sing in Grafen on New Divide for the first time and they fuckin' fixed it!! Ugh.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the best DSP are "Clarkston MI" because Mike simulates because the show was Recorded :) He talked to the Fans :)

I like the 2009 shows because of the BTH Piano intro and of course ND.

I don't like DSPs where the band didnt talk much to their fans and just play the songs... Nothing like "This is your last chance" or the motivation speek during the intro of LFY^^

I also like shows where the bands messed up anything :D kinda cool :D

These are the DSP's that I have: Athens 09, Baltimore 08, Basel 08, Camden 08, Chiba City 09, Cleveland 08, Edgefest 08, Graefenhainichen 09, Graz 09, Hannover 08, Hartford 07, Hartford 08, LA 08, Macau 09, MSG 08, Manchester NH 08, Mansfield 07, Mansfield 08, Milton Keynes 08, Mountain View 07, Noblesville 07, Oklahoma City 08, Osaka 09, Paris 08, Sacramento 08, Seattle 07, Stuttgart 09, Syracuse 07, Woodlands 08, Zurich 09.

I have more bootleg shows than I do DSP's! :lol: I guess that's what happens since I've been collecting LP shows since about 2004, way before DSP's were around. Pretty much I only download shows that I've either been to or shows that I find interesting. I'll definitely be adding Bamboozle to this collection and probably all the other unreleased shows once they come out.

Editing the DSP's for mistakes is very very dumb in my opinion. Totally ruins the exclusiveness of the track. Chester let the crowd sing in Grafen on New Divide for the first time and they fuckin' fixed it!! Ugh.

yeah, i was really disappointed by that, too... but they had the seven-nation-army-singing between LP and DBS in it!! remember me asking for that??? :lol:

i love the idea of the dsp, like selling a cd, the audio tracks and some pics. it's really awesome listening to that and being able to say: 'hey! i was there!' and it's a professional recording, where you don't have to be scared of getting sick ears... like it's with some fan-recordings, that sound horrible.

some may complain about the price, but i think it's really ok! a friend of mine went to a show of a german band, where they sold usb-sticks with the audio on them and they were like €20 or so... the dsp was only €10. and they also didn't have pics on the usb-sticks...

so, all in all i love the dsp. i don't collect them all, but i have several ones from each tour and of course the most important and amazing one for me is Gräfenhainichen 2009, cause i was there and it was my first ever LP show. but i think, it's a great one even for those, who haven't been there.

i also love the london ones with umbrella...

things, that could be better have already been mentioned by everyone else here. :rolleyes: i agree with all of you...

- What is your favorite DSP from the band? From Auburn 2007 to Macao 2009...which one do you like the most?

Taipei 2007, Milton Keynes 2008

- Are there any DSPs you listen to a lot?

no... listen one or other some time

- What DSPs do you not like very much or don't listen to a lot? Why?

most of them, 'cause I'm always listening a different show or a different band

- What "highlights" from 2007-2009 do you listen to a lot? Or maybe there's one or two tracks from a certain show you really like.

SCOM/Bleed It Out > East Troy 2008; Given Up > Montreal 2008; Breaking The Habit > Edgefest 2008

- Is there anything you don't like about the DSP idea as a whole? What about the mixing? Are you a fan of it? What would you like to see done differently with the DSPs?

I have an idea: after some tour, they make instrumentals or separate the instruments (like the Rock Band game) of some songs played in the tour (5 or 10 songs is enough)

I hate that they edit the shows. It is no longer the show you went to. Trivium now does live downloads, but they want to keep the raw live feel to them. So they are not mastered, just mixed slightly straight from FOH. All audio, guitars go out, vocal messups, bad harmonies, wrong lines, are there. The entire show, no edits no add ons. Thats a real live show.

I have them all. Actually, I like collecting bootlegs and DSP (i've got 279 in total), and of course I like to listen to all of them.

Answering the questions :

What is your favorite DSP from the band? From Auburn 2007 to Macao 2009...which one do you like the most?

Mmm, let me pick one from each year :

Toronto 2007,

Madison Square Garden 2008

Taipei 2009

Not really. I've probably listened to all of them only once.

Mmm .. I can't think of any at the moment. Every show has something special.

- What "highlights" from 2007-2009 do you listen to a lot? Or maybe there's one or two tracks from a certain show you really like.

Points Of Authority (Reading My Eyes outro FTW!) > Osaka 2009

No More Sorrow > Athens 2009

SCOM/Bleed It Out > East Troy 2008

QWERTY > Toronto 2007

Bleed It Out (Rob's solo is great!)> Tampa 2007

Breaking the Habit > Hartford 2007

- Is there anything you don't like about the DSP idea as a whole? What about the mixing? Are you a fan of it? What would you like to see done differently with the DSPs?

I don't like the mistakes to be corrected. I mean, it's a live show, not a studio recording.

I don't know if this is related to your question, but I would really like the whole DPS's to include at least one professional video of any song from every show. It would be cool to collect them.

Edited by danielpsoad-09

I have all DSP's except some 2007 and 2008 US PR shows.....and I listened to every single one at least one time!

Why do I collect them? what a question...why does someone collect stamps? dunno ^^....

Favourite DSP? it's easy to say the one's from shows I've been to....tbh I don't have a real favourite show. But I like the 2007 one's better than the newer one's because they're better mixed. At least it sounds better mixed to me...

There are many many single songs from many shows I like for some reasons....for example the whole GU scream from Chester in montreal 2008, Toronto 2008 with BTH piano intro. POA from almost every 2009 show because of mike rapping different verses over the intro/outro. BIO Macao 2009....Faint from the last US PR 2008 show, and there are many others...can't list everything.

What would you like to see done differently with the DSPs?

Maybe one song from every show in video shot from Mark Fiore's little camera from incredible prospects ^^ ok that's more dreaming ;)

edit: forgot something about mixing....

I want to hear more from the crowd troughout the whole song. and don't edit that much...

Edited by wiiesel

I've got all LP's DSP

What is your favorite DSP from the band?

Madison Square Garden 08 & Milton Keyenes 08

Are there any DSPs you listen to a lot?

Not sure, haven't listened to them all. Prob one day i will lol

What DSPs do you not like very much or don't listen to a lot? Why?

Don't think there is one i don't like, same reason as above

What "highlights" from 2007-2009 do you listen to a lot? Or maybe there's one or two tracks from a certain show you really like.

Breaking The Habit (Piano Version) from Toronto 08, Hearing Rob's different Drum Solo's on Bleed It Out at some shows, Surprise apperance of Jay-Z at MSG, the different intros/outros from songs on different shows

Is there anything you don't like about the DSP idea as a whole? What about the mixing? Are you a fan of it? What would you like to see done differently with the DSPs?

Don't like how the fixed up any mistakes that happened with songs, should have just left them the way they are.

Should maybe have about 10 or so pics for the DSP (One for each memeber, 1 setlist, 1 crowd, 1 full band & 1 of pre-show)

Also should have a video of a song that was played from that show, that would be cool

Yeah, I collect all the DSP's, simply because I collect LP's stuff and I take everything I can !

Euumh my favourite DSP's are : Stuttgart 09, Nashville 08, Totonto 08 and Oklahoma City 08.

I try to listen to all of them, but I listen to my favourite one more than the others.

I really dislike to listen to the PR08 DSP's. Setlist is tedium, I hate the way they are mixed, we don't hear the crowd !

Highlights ? Bleed it Out (Auburn), What I've Done (Hannover), Umbrella (London1), BTH PMA WID (Toronto), Points (Taipei 09)(Osaka 09)

I dislike : mix (PR 08 uuuh) but 09 is OK !, the way they fixe live shows... That's totally stupid !

I would appreciate a pic of the setlist, and a lot of pics like with Stuttgart 09 !

I do collect all the DSPs, because I can, evidently. I haven't even listened to most of them. Mabe this habit of mine came from when I was starting to get really really into LP, which was a time when a lot of old as hell fansites were quitting and their content disappearing forever. I started archiving stuff like crazy, and when someone says "do you have X" and i give them X because I have it, it's cool.

When i started losing interest in LP in late 2007, I stopped archiving so much. I have yet to pick up the 2009 DSPs (I have to torrent from my parents house: my apartment is run by a mean ISP), but they're on my to-do list.

- What is your favorite DSP from the band? From Auburn 2007 to Macao 2009...which one do you like the most?

my favorites are Mountain View 04 and 08 (I attended the latter), Twin Bridges, anything unique, or where the band is talkative.

There's usually one DSP per tour I like to pick and listen to, out of habit i just haven't gotten around to listening to the others.

Sacramento 07 I attended but I don't listen to the DSP that much. I just find other tours sound better.

anytime LP switches up the beginning or ending of a song. I love that crap. Fro mthe aforementioned Sacramento 07, I just listen to Faint because it was done there better than it is in other shows I've heard.

I'm content

I think Im have all the DSP's. There's three shows that I like more, chester's voice, drums, everything sounds great.

The shows are: St. Paul(02/13/2008), Manchester(01/27/2008) and Sheffield(01/25/2008).

I want to detach one song on St. Paul song, that I think many of you have noticed..it's on BTH when Chester is screaming "walls" and "fault". It's just awesome. He forced his voice so much. Hear that.

DSPs of 2008 winter = great..there's APFMH on this shows :D

DSPs of 2009 = great too. Much better than the DSPs of 2008 Summer.

Edited by MacShepard

I collect those which have rarely palyed songs..or first time a song is performed..and those that Chester holds the 16 second scream on given up:P

and of course those I've been to!Like Athens 2009

and now i'm anticipating a lot Athens 2008...what an epic show...

I think my favorite has to be Torronto 2007...beautiful setlist,and awesome performance

Just curious....

- How many of you actually collect *every* DSP the band puts out? Do some of you have every single one? If so, why? Do some of you collect only a few? If you only collect a few, why?

I have all of them. Maybe because I'm a collector, and it's like collecting other shows. And of course I intend to listen to all of them.

For those of you that collect them:

None. I haven't listened to all of them, and even if I would, I couldn't pick one of them, or even few, because I don't write down somewhere which ones I do like better, and I definitely don't remember that.

I like to listen to SBD shows when nobody will distract me from it, and when I won't distract on other things, like Internet, etc. This happens not very often, that's why I don't listen to them a lot. I did listen to them on my player, on the way to University, or work, but haven't done it any time recently.

No. Haven't listened to any of the shows twice, except when I listened to the show for the second time by mistake thinking that I haven't heard it yet.

Does not apply. :)

Nah, there aren't any. I just like to listen to APFMH, Swet Child O' Mine, etc. when I get to that point... That makes me smile sometimes.. :) Great moments

I HATE, literally HATE editing of mistakes made by the band. It makes me think that they want people to think they are perfect in everything. Interesting whose idea it was. Pooch, band members or someone's else.

I think Im have all the DSP's. There's three shows that I like more, chester's voice, drums, everything sounds great.

The shows are: St. Paul(02/13/2008), Manchester(01/27/2008) and Sheffield(01/25/2008).

I want to detach one song on St. Paul song, that I think many of you have noticed..it's on BTH when Chester is screaming "walls" and "fault". It's just awesome. He forced his voice so much. Hear that.

DSPs of 2008 winter = great..there's APFMH on this shows :D

DSPs of 2009 = great too. Much better than the DSPs of 2008 Summer.

can you pass me a link to these shows?:D

I have every show from 2007 to 2009 besides a few summer 09 shows. But the only ones I actually have on my iTunes are:

Montreal 08

MSG

Auburn 07

Mansfield 07

Denver 07

San Francisco 07

Charlotte 07

Charlotte 08

East Troy 08

Hannover 08

Paris 08

Gräfenhainichen 09

Stuttgart 09

Chiba City 09

Macao 09

My favorites:

Both Charlotte shows for obvious reasons, me being there. Auburn 07, Montreal 08, and Macao 09 are my favorites to listen to.

Highlights:

Bleed It Out from Auburn 07 and East Troy 08 (Sick Rob solo and Sweet Child 'O Mine)

New Divide from Macao 09 (Awesome eerie piano intro from Mike)

Points of Authority from Macao 09 (Dedicated!), Stuttgart 09 (High Voltage / Bloc Party and Reading My Eyes), Montreal 08 (Crowd is loud as hell, not just on here but the entire show, also I think it was the first time Mike rapped There They Go over the outro)

Numb/Encore + Jigga What/Faint from MSG

Shadow of the Day from Mansfield 07 (Different guitar solo)

Faint from Denver 007

I think Auburn, Montreal, and Macao stand out to me because the crowds on those are AMAZING.

I have them all; mainly, just for fun. I'll give a new one a whirl every now and then. I do enough road trips, so it's all good.

- What is your favorite DSP from the band?

Dallas '07/'08, OKC '08, London Show #1 1/08, Toronto '08

See above.

The later ones; mainly, the loudness doesn't seem to be there as with the '07 and Winter '08 shows.

The different versions of "Points," "Umbrella" from London Show #1, 1/08. The first several songs from Toronto '08 are up there, too.

As previously mentioned, stop fixing the mistakes. I'm a fan of how things used to be mixed/presented. I have to crank the volume up a bit louder on the later DSPs, as opposed to the older ones.

I usually listen to a few shows from each tour, with the exception of the Winter 08 tour which I listened to most of the tour. Great sets. I remember making the compilation CD for a christmas present for u guys, only I edited around the tracks to make it seem like a long concert. Once all the other DSP's come out I'm gonna update it to include the special songs like "Runaway," and "Reading My Eyes," and other stuff. I'll also add in some stuff from the 09 tour including DBS, and other stuff from 08 and 07 that we didn't get. I nv added Papercut into the compilation so I might include the version where Chester broke his arm.

I have collected every DSP there is to collect at this moment.

The reason I did was when the first set of shows were made I attended two of those shows in CA.

From there on i couodnt stop collecting them since they were there to observe.

I havent listened to them all but what i do is create a playlist of random shows and pick songs from it to make a unique twist of a concert, i mainly do this when i get bored listening to the same live show.

This way i have about thousands of live versions of each song they played from these past two years.

LP shows are so generic you really only need a couple DSP's from each tour. Or when they do something special, like a rare song over "POA" or if it's a show you went to.

My only complaint is that you can't purchase any show you want, but I assume that will change in the future. LP are in the game to make $$$ and that'll simplify the process.

I have all of them from 2008-09, and the only one I have from '07 is Mansfield, since I live around there. I plan on collecting all of the ones from 2007, but have been too lazy to do so. I enjoy collecting because it's addicting, and I enjoy seeing how they change things up and act differently at different places. My favorite has to be Hannover '08, because they changed the setlist a lot, and there was a lot of energy. I think that there should be a little bit more crowd in the mix, because when they do crowd interactive things, you can't really hear the crowd.

Edited by Phil