"Digital Souvenir Package" Discussion

hahninator

Of the few shows I downloaded, only one of them has the album version of Hands Held High (Toronto 07). I miss that performance. I know they didn't really like the way the choir came out, but I thought it sounded good :)

Edited by Aiman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont download them all. I download the first few of the tour (like each setlist) then ill download one with highlights or something different.

And btw. Hahninator, your itunes is so fucking organized!!

I agree with the sound

with certain songs like Faint or Crawling or One Step Closer (view examples)

the drums and bass are like fighting with eachother because the drums got more low ends

since the mtm cycle rob is using different drums compared to the cicle in 2004

The drums he's using right now sounds good with the songs on mtm but other songs from HT of Meteora doesn't has that edge to it.

I know what i'm talking about i've saw them live and heard the differents.

but rob can't change his kit for each songs that'll be weird.

just compare songs like Somewhere I Belong (Rock Am Ring 2004)

with the one from KROQ they did in 2007. the sound just sucks

Great topic.

I think Mark can attest I may be one of the most dedicated when it comes to the DSPs. While I'll admit they have lost my interest quite a bit, early on and basically until right after we got back from the PR 08 Southeast run, I was DSP master. I wish this thread was done about a year ago because I could make a novel on what I liked, and didn't like. I have a good memory and still listen to some select shows, but not nearly as I did. And like Astat said, these days, I almost exclusivley listen to the intros/outros of songs, always POA and NMS, and almost always Faint. I made a CD with an exclusive cover for every show until Tampa 08 and made pretty nifty jewel cases for the shows I went to until Nashville 08. The DSPs were quite a hobby of mine and while there could be improvements, it's definitley one of the better things LP has decided to do in recent years.

My overall favorite DSP would probably have to be Montreal 08. Awesome crowd, perfect mix. What I've Done opening the show is phenomenal. This show also featured a complete Given Up scream by Chester and arguably Rob's best drum solo on the cycle. I can't say enough about the crowd and how they fed off into one of LP's best performances of the MTM touring cycle. Some of my other favorites include Atlanta 07, West Palm 08, and a lot of the Asian shows from 2007. Auburn 07 is definitely a great show along with the beginning shows of 2008 in Europe.

I'm not sure if I have a least favorite. I remember the shows after Auburn 2007 are probably some of the least impressive in terms of mixing and such. The band didn't sound as tight in California. They got really tight in Texas and about the time they came to the southeast, it was definitely one of their better times on tour because they were flat out on.

I'm pretty neutral about Pooch, his work is good but I don't think its as great as it could be. They certainly are 100x better than any crowd recording I have ever heard but some are mixed better than others. He got really good at the first of 2008 but some of the middle of PR 08 are terrible.

There's a lot of particular things I like about the DSPs but I'm not going to list them. I'm really glad they do them, and I definitlely wish they would cater each DSP more to each venue and city they are playing with the complete package they bring. A setlist picture should also be a must.

If my internet connection didn't take me 2-3 to download a single DSP I might have got every single show, but that's just a dream, so I look through the show notes for all shows in a particular tour, select the few shows which have maximum extenders, unique stuff etc. and then narrow down on as few shows as possible depending on how many of my favorites are in a setlist.

Selecting one from 2009 shows was easy (I picked Stuttgart) but I was forced to download 3-4 shows from 08 cause of the number of tours. I finally settled on Bristow and Virginia Beach for PR, and Lexington from the Arena Tour. I didn't get anything from the other tours of the year.

Since I got into LP shortly after MtM's release I didn't care enough about them to download live shows until PR08

i think the band's show after 2007 doesn't worth collecting, because all of them is nearly exactly the same. :(

i said they are exactly the same because

1. the setlist

for example, nearly all the shows in 2009 shares the same setlist like they were made by the same mold. :angry:

2.their conversation on stage

i dont know why since 2007, the band (mike & chester) have nearly no conversation (to both the crowd and each other) throughout the whole show comparing with previous shows.

sometimes, even if they have, the speech is nearly exactly the same comparing with other shows in the same period :( , like mike often said 'who support linkin park since hybrid theory/meteora/MtM?' in the intro of papercut of 2008 shows.

i think these make the live shows lose their meaning. :(

by the way, i dont like the mixing of the DSPs, because the volume of Pheonix and Brad's part is too low.

i have also seen that chester sings less energetic comparing with the previous shows in 00-06 as his voice is less 'distorted' :( .

therefore, my favourite show is live in texas though it is not a DSP :lol:

however, i still collect few of the DSPs because i found they have things special. theseare the shows ive collected

stuttgart 2009

hong kong 2007

london 2008 28/1

mansfield 2008

macau 2009

milton keynes 2008

the most remarkable show ive collected is the 2008 Oklahoma. though it is the WORST show i have ever seen due to the sickness of chester. chester still sing along till the show is finished in spite of his sickness, i really admire him ;) . thats why i collect this show

No, I don't download all the shows. I get certain songs from them or whatever, but not each and every one. Hearing the same song from 100 different cities doesn't really float my boat, unless it's different, unique, blah blah blah.

That being said, my favourite one has to be Montreal 08 for all the reasons listed above. And no, not just because I was there. London, Ontario 08 was also pretty good, I thought. But there is an ass load of bias on that one.

Both Toronto shows of the last few years kicked ass. Mark's reaction after he heard HHH (I think it was HHH?) over the phone from Edgefest was hilarious. That was a special show probably never to be repeated. Good times.

Both Toronto shows of the last few years kicked ass. Mark's reaction after he heard HHH (I think it was HHH?) over the phone from Edgefest was hilarious. That was a special show probably never to be repeated. Good times.

QFT. So jealous, lol.

Just got confirmation recently that New Zealand/Australia and Rock am Ring will be released, so I am guessing Europe 08/Europe 07. Now all we need is the promo 07 shows and we should be good.

QFT. So jealous, lol.

Just got confirmation recently that New Zealand/Australia and Rock am Ring will be released, so I am guessing Europe 08/Europe 07. Now all we need is the promo 07 shows and we should be good.

BAMBOOZLE PLEASE :lol:

I have to say the best DSP's from each tour are

Projekt Revolution 2007: Auburn, WA

Asia Tour 2007: Singapore

Winter Europe Tour: Manchester, England

Winter US Tour: Madison Square Garden, NYC, NY

Projekt Revolution 2008: Mansfield, MA (I know biased since I was there but I love the show so much)

Summer 2009: Stuttgart, Germany

BAMBOOZLE PLEASE :lol:

I have to say the best DSP's from each tour are

Projekt Revolution 2007: Auburn, WA

Asia Tour 2007: Singapore

Winter Europe Tour: Manchester, England

Winter US Tour: Madison Square Garden, NYC, NY

Projekt Revolution 2008: Mansfield, MA (I know biased since I was there but I love the show so much)

Summer 2009: Stuttgart, Germany

I listened to Mansfield 08 last night and Mike was fucking excited as hell and energetic as hell. Great, great show. I love the first shows from tours...the band is REALLY into it. Auburn, Hannover, Mansfield. Good shit.

Stuttgart was a beast of a show. New Divide/Faint/One Step Closer just tore the place to shreds. I thought the damn stands were coming down on Faint. Everyone is so confused/upset @ no more LP...they have no idea what this DBS shit is and are getting pissed...then BAM ND and the place erupts like never before. Add in Faint and OSC and my god. I thought I was dead on Faint in the pit. OSC - DAMN.