LPLG versus LPL

hahninator

LPLG vs LPL  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What should the title of the site be?

• Change it to LPL
    • Keep it as LPLG

I've thought about changing something on the site. When I first started this website in 2006, it was called the Linkin Park Live Guide. Why? Because all we did was update setlists and show. We didn't even have a forum or news or anything...the homepage was simply filled with links to the guide.

Fast forward a bit and I remember when we were using CuteNews (a news client) to manage the news...I still remember the first day we installed that and decided to give "updates" on the shows we posted. This gradually, over time, shifted to us actually posting about LP news and then to us getting a forum. Obviously now, the site is not only a guide, but a lot of things: a community, a database, a news outlet, etc.

My question to you is this: Since the goals of the site have shifted since we first started, has the time come to finally change our name? I thought about changing "Linkin Park Live Guide" to just "Linkin Park Live". LPLive. People even refer to it as LPLive. We are far more than just a guide, so maybe the time has come to remove the word "Guide" from the site.

Sotrix actually brought this up to me last summer but I turned it down, maybe due to ignorance on my part. What do you guys think?

It hasn't even been a full year since I started visiting this site regularly. Everyone always referred to it as LPL or LPLive so up until now, I didn't even know the site was supposed to be called Linkin Park Live Guide. I've always thought that the "guide" at the top of the main page was part of the description for the site :mellow: So change it!

Edited by ThunderStrike

I say change the main site to LPL, but keep the LPLG banner on the actual live guide pages.

I'd vote like that too. Imo lplive.net is still the place for the setlists and stuff, wouldn't get fully rid of it because I think it's the main part about lplive.