Happy Birthday, Hybrid Theory!

hahninator

Today, Hybrid Theory is nine years old! Wow, time flies by, doesn't it? How many of you were fans right when the album came out? Any of you fans before the album came out? How does Hybrid Theory rank in your opinions of the best albums you've ever heard? Or how about best albums of the decade? What's your favorite Hybrid Theory song?

Posted Image

Also, lets try and make "#linkinparkday" a trending topic on Twitter. Ana had the idea and I think it's great - it's worth a shot!

Happy Birthday Hybrid Theory!

I didn't like every song on it then, but it was still convincing me that LP is on of the best Bands on Earth.

Can't say it's my favourite - I wouldn't wanna miss it but I'm glad LP is not doing another HT-Album; THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!

I listen to Linkin Park since Crawling came out as a Single in 2001. I bought the Album and listened to it all the time. At first I didn't like all of the Songs but after a while they all grew on me.

I still think that HT was the best Album LP ever did. It is hard for me to say what my favorite song on the album is but I think it's either Papercut, Crawling or Forgotten!

I didn't like every song on it then, but it was still convincing me that LP is on of the best Bands on Earth.

Can't say it's my favourite - I wouldn't wanna miss it but I'm glad LP is not doing another HT-Album; THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!

You are crazy.

If you dont like Hybrid theory? do you like Meteora? because its kinda Hybrid Theory part II . :D

Happy birthday to one of the best albums ever!

Today, Hybrid Theory is nine years old! Wow, time flies by, doesn't it? How many of you were fans right when the album came out? Any of you fans before the album came out? How does Hybrid Theory rank in your opinions of the best albums you've ever heard? Or how about best albums of the decade? What's your favorite Hybrid Theory song?

Posted Image

Also, lets try and make "#linkinparkday" a trending topic on Twitter. Ana had the idea and I think it's great - it's worth a shot!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! HYBRID THEORY 9 YEARS OLD!!! I twittered #linkinparkday!!! GREAT idea!! I'm "GuerreroLP" at Twitter, follow me if you want! DEFINATELY Hybrid Theory is one of the BEST albums of the decade and of course one of the BEST albums EVER!!!!! For me, No1 is Meteora, and HT No2. When Hybrid Theory released I wasn't in the music world.... I was 10 years old.... I became a fan some years later.... The first LP song I ever heard was "Lying From You"! That's how my addiction began!! :D Favorite HT song... mmmm... I think that is Crawling. When I hear this song or I watch the music video it makes a dark, a black sence, you can definately feel the full metal/rock side of Linkin Park. After Crawling I can say One Step. And Favorite LIVE song of Hybrid Theory, of course A PLACE FOR MY HEAD!!!!!!!! That's from me!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AGAIN GUYS!!!!!

"hybrid theory" is one of the last few reasons to actually still follow linkin park. this album did too much for me that i never could reject the band.

for me it's still the best of their albums and i can't even decide whether the polished (overall) junk, called "meteora", or "minutes to boredom" follows on the second place.

not to mention the two pathetic live dvd attempts.

"collision course" was original, but FAR overpriced. still it's a good EP!

in the end the only thing nearly close to the greatness of "hybrid theory" might be the so titled EP. if they could create such dark musical and lyrical environments again, i would be more than pleased.

Wow, time really flies.... For me, HT is the best LP album and also among my top 3 of the best albums ever... This album finally got me into rock music and changed my whole life. First song I ever heard by LP was "Crawling," by the way, but I didn't really give a shit about it back then. Then I heard "In The End" and saw the video... and BOOOM - I fell in love!

I will never forget these great "nu-metal" years. I've made a lot of friends through LP so far, and I still talk to some of them nowadays. It's just awesome! Why can't we turn back time to 2001 sometimes?

Hell yeah!! Hybrid Theory birthday!!

To be honest, I wasn't a fan even when M2M came out. Only at late 2007 or early 2008 I start to grow on them. When Meteora came out, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW. But when R2R live and New Divide came out the world inside me changed, of course, to a LP maniac.

Listening to LP songs become part of me. :P And my favorite songs changed constantly. Recently, Faint. :D

Happy Bday HT....

I'm LP fan since 2003 or 2004 (can't remember). I heard SIB in my brothers room. It was cool. A few days later I heard ITE and saw the LIT DVD......yeah that's it.

Can't say which album is better.... HT or Meteora. But "In the end" is my favourite song of all time! Since I heard it for the first time.

Posted Image

Yeah man time flies :o before we know we will be sitting in a retirement home rocking to LP's albums haha

I became fan of LP ever since i heard OSC, first single off HT :D so that album has a special place in my heart, album that made fan of LP , probably until death .

Favourite song: With you, hands down!

It's the album that started it all...it's the album where heavy music combined with strong,and neat vocals and personal lyrics that everyone could relate to...I personally like Meteora's atmposphere more, but HT is one of the most influential and amazing albums of the deacade..Happy Birthday Hybrid Theory!!

Happy B-day Hybrid Theory...!!!! Love you... :)

I listen to Linkin Park since In The End! HT is my fav LP album. But I can't choose my fav song from the album. It's too hard... HT is definitely in my Top 3 of the best albums I've ever heard!

happy b-day HT i got into the band when i seen OSC video on kerrang tv i wasint even into rock music then but i seen that video and i was like wow this song is so cool i got HT and played it every single day and went to see them live HT got me into music and i cant beleave its been 9 years my fav song would be....runaway but i love them all

Wow, I was a little kid when this came out! :P

Hybrid Theory is still awesome, and I will definitely play the whole album today in tribute. The first LP song I heard was Runaway, hated it at first. A couple of months later I saw the video for Crawling, and found myself getting hooked on Shinoda's one liner, lol. I eventually became obsessed, and by 2003, I was the biggest LP fan I could find around me, hahaha.

I went on a cruise in 2002 (I was 8 :blink: ) and they were letting people rent out these cool new things called **iPods**.

So I rented one out and was browsing through the music when I came across a band called "Linkin Park" and decided to see what that was all about. The album was Hybrid Theory.

I listened to the first song, Papercut.

And the rest is history.