That Exclusive

hahninator

So, remember that huge LPL exclusive I've been talking about ALL YEAR LONG?

Yeah, I thought I'd give you an update on it. So let's see...where to begin. There was a lot that went into obtaining it, so much, that it had to go through several people just to get to us here at LPLive. There has been one person holding it up since June (which is not our fault at all), but he was preparing to have it sent to us recently until tragedy struck.

Sounds terrible, right? Haha. He had the show on his Macbook and his car was robbed. Yeah no shit, how crazy is that? What are the chances of that?

But he says he'll get another copy of it from the guy that recorded the show and he'll get it to us soon. "Soon" to me equals no real measurement of time. I'm just letting you know what's up....it could come now, it could come later. It could come in December, it could come in April. I really have no idea when it's coming. I was intent on having it in my hands in June and it still hasn't happened, which isn't LPL's fault at this point.

No, we're not pulling anyone's leg. We work really hard on LPL...we work every day at getting as much media and exclusive content we can for you guys...we are always searching for new shows, new interviews and new, intriguing things to post. So take me seriously when I am telling you that we found a recording (not just a recording, but an excellent DVD) of a show that would make you all FLIP. OUT. if you had the opportunity to watch.

So yes, there is an excellent DVD that we will eventually post. How soon? I don't know yet, but you'll know as soon as I know. I am very excited for it and I think you all will like it very much...I just hope it's soon. More updates as soon as I can get them!

No, I'm not saying what show it is until I have it ready to post. I'm not going to start all this anxious discussion yet. But...let the guessing game begin?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, remember that huge LPL exclusive I've been talking about ALL YEAR LONG?

Yeah, I thought I'd give you an update on it. So let's see...where to begin. There was a lot that went into obtaining it, so much, that it had to go through several people just to get to us here at LPLive. There has been one person holding it up since June (which is not our fault at all), but he was preparing to have it sent to us recently until tragedy struck.

Sounds terrible, right? Haha. He had the show on his Macbook and his car was robbed. Yeah no shit, how crazy is that? What are the chances of that?

But he says he'll get another copy of it from the guy that recorded the show and he'll get it to us soon. "Soon" to me equals no real measurement of time. I'm just letting you know what's up....it could come now, it could come later. It could come in December, it could come in April. I really have no idea when it's coming. I was intent on having it in my hands in June and it still hasn't happened, which isn't LPL's fault at this point.

No, we're not pulling anyone's leg. We work really hard on LPL...we work every day at getting as much media and exclusive content we can for you guys...we are always searching for new shows, new interviews and new, intriguing things to post. So take me seriously when I am telling you that we found a recording (not just a recording, but an excellent DVD) of a show that would make you all FLIP. OUT. if you had the opportunity to watch.

So yes, there is an excellent DVD that we will eventually post. How soon? I don't know yet, but you'll know as soon as I know. I am very excited for it and I think you all will like it very much...I just hope it's soon. More updates as soon as I can get them!

No, I'm not saying what show it is until I have it ready to post. I'm not going to start all this anxious discussion yet. But...let the guessing game begin?

Oh my God, what it will be???? I can't wait!!!

summersonic and smokeout would be great, but it's nothing to flip out.

this huge announcement states something oldschool.

but i wont participate any further on the guessing game because its ridiculous. we wont get any more information on the show, so why bother?

thanks for the sic update lol

sucks that the person who as holding the show got robbed but not be be a jackass but shokd make a few copies lol

and as for guessing old school, new school it dont matter most if not all lp shows are fucking awesome

and off topic was on the lpu twitter and adam posted the back of the cd (not the cover the actually cd lol)

thanks for the sic update lol

sucks that the person who as holding the show got robbed but not be be a jackass but shokd make a few copies lol

and as for guessing old school, new school it dont matter most if not all lp shows are fucking awesome

and off topic was on the lpu twitter and adam posted the back of the cd (not the cover the actually cd lol)

Totally agree. Person shouldn't have been so silly, lol.

It's not new school. It's a good show, that's all I'll say :P

Guys - Mark never intended this to become a guessing game or to torture you any further about this exclusive that we promised to you far too long ago. Those of us staff members who know the details are extremely disappointed that we've not been able to deliver on a promise that we made and we won't rest until we make it right.

That said, my own personal feeling on this one is mixed. There's been a lot of things that have gotten in the way so far and while I'd like to say that there's a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to a release, the fact of the matter is that we're only baby steps past where we were months ago in terms of bringing it to you all.

Rest assured - this isn't the last exclusive we'll bring to you. I think our track record speaks for itself over the years when it comes to things like this. Even if things fall through on this one, we'll have something down the line mind-boggling for you to download and enjoy.

Guys - Mark never intended this to become a guessing game or to torture you any further about this exclusive that we promised to you far too long ago. Those of us staff members who know the details are extremely disappointed that we've not been able to deliver on a promise that we made and we won't rest until we make it right.

That said, my own personal feeling on this one is mixed. There's been a lot of things that have gotten in the way so far and while I'd like to say that there's a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to a release, the fact of the matter is that we're only baby steps past where we were months ago in terms of bringing it to you all.

Rest assured - this isn't the last exclusive we'll bring to you. I think our track record speaks for itself over the years when it comes to things like this. Even if things fall through on this one, we'll have something down the line mind-boggling for you to download and enjoy.

well said

if it makes you guys feel better, i dont know what it is :]

Dudes stop guessing, it doesn't help anything. Though, of course, guessing is the typical reaction for a post mentioning an exclusive.

That story, well, it sounds quite odd. Like from a bad trader who tries to cheat you, hehe. Well ok, let's assume it's true and not just a story. Let's hope it'll arrive one day!

I think it will be something like that:

XERO SHOWS

14.11.1997 West Hollywood, CA, Whisky A Go Go

10.12.1998 West Hollywood, CA, Whisky A Go Go

HYBRID THEORY SHOWS

-------------- Tempe, AZ, Mill Ave Sport Rock Cafe

-------------- Canoga Park, CA, Cobalt Cafe

-------------- Madison, WI, The Annex Nightclub

20.08.1999 Fullerton, CA, Back Alley Bar And Grill

09.06.2000 West Hollywood, CA, Coconut Teaszer

LINKIN PARK SHOWS

08.07.2000 West Hollywood, CA, Whisky A Go Go

22.07.2000 St. Petersburg, FL, State Theatre, Union Underground Tour

23.07.2000 Miami, FL, Bayfront Park, ZETA's Bonzai, WZTA Radio Show

24.07.2000 Orlando, FL, The Sapphire

26.07.2000 Richmond, VA, Twisters

27.07.2000 Philadelphia, PA, Theatre Of The Living Arts

28.07.2000 Lancaster, PA, The Chameleon

29.07.2000 Pittsburgh, PA, Club Laga

31.07.2000 Grand Rapids, MI, The Orbit Room, Union Underground Tour

Edited by Slim Shinoda

It's most likely not Summer Sonic, qwerty was shown recently and we nv got a recording of it so it's not gonna happen, it's most likely smokeout tho. I got an email from the site that had the full DVD a few months ago and they told me that they'd try to release it ASAP. So the best thing to do is wait.