Let Down Discussion

florez411

studio version is amazing. The solo sounds really nice to me. I jus wish they made the ending a bit better but its good nontheless and the intro is amazing to me

I think with the studio version its one of those cases with no matter how awesome it is ( and it is ) it's never gonna top the magic of the acoustic 2005 version.

I also think it could have been improved, such as the solo, I dont know how to describe it, but it just sounds like one long note, there isnt much ' solo'ing ' in the solo Lol

After listening to, not only this song, but the whole album I find this song the best song on the album. The Guitar solo was quite good, extremely similar to the one in the acoustic version from React Now concert. Oh yeah..........HELL YEAH!!!!!! I have the album!!!!!!

Best song on the album and I said it would (IMO) since I heard it on those MySpace videos. Glad it didn't disappoint in the end. Absolutely amazing song. Acoustic version is good, but the studio version hits a home run for me. The chorus riff really hits hard. It gives me goosebumps.

I take back what I said about the studio version sounding awesome...it fails miserably compared to the acoustic 05 version. I really hate what Benson did with some of the vocal parts and I hate the electronic elements to the song. Let Down doesn't even sound emotional like the acoustic version which is why I liked the song in the first place.

I take back what I said about the studio version sounding awesome...it fails miserably compared to the acoustic 05 version. I really hate what Benson did with some of the vocal parts and I hate the electronic elements to the song. Let Down doesn't even sound emotional like the acoustic version which is why I liked the song in the first place.

agreed. theres too much going on and it completely takes away from the emotion and power.

Totally agree.

I also have a big big problem with the bridge. Play the acoustic version really quickly. Notice on the bridge...Amir and Ryan just go fucking AT IT with the guitar. Sick as hell, they trade off as the guitars sound the same and it combines for one epic solo. As they keep going, Chester goes with the OOOHHHHHHH all over it.....EPIC.

Bridge on the live version is just fucking sick. The studio bridge's guitar solo is so fucked up man...total garbage. Not a fan of it at all. Then Chester comes back with the same generic chorus...on the acoustic version he sang the last chorus in a higher pitch and made the ending just awesome.

Studio version has the ending repeated for fucking ever and is so repetitive. Not a fan of that either. Intro and the rest of the song has so much electronic stuff...it's not attractive to me. The studio version gets a terrible review from me, I don't like the fake drums, I don't like what they did to it at all.

Biggest failure on the CD other than The Morning After. I love certain songs but they massacred Let Down. I prefer the acoustic version MUCH more. Studio one isn't emotional at all...I feel like they just killed the song and ruined it. I bet a demo sounds better for it....

I have a feeling everyone is banking on Let Down to be a big radio hit, to boost album sales, but to be honest.... it won't be.

The closest they have to a ballad like that is Too Late or Walking in Circles... Because they really -- as Hahninator stated so justly -- they massacred Let Down..