Let Down Discussion

florez411

Totally agree.

I also have a big big problem with the bridge. Play the acoustic version really quickly. Notice on the bridge...Amir and Ryan just go fucking AT IT with the guitar. Sick as hell, they trade off as the guitars sound the same and it combines for one epic solo. As they keep going, Chester goes with the OOOHHHHHHH all over it.....EPIC.

Bridge on the live version is just fucking sick. The studio bridge's guitar solo is so fucked up man...total garbage. Not a fan of it at all. Then Chester comes back with the same generic chorus...on the acoustic version he sang the last chorus in a higher pitch and made the ending just awesome.

Studio version has the ending repeated for fucking ever and is so repetitive. Not a fan of that either. Intro and the rest of the song has so much electronic stuff...it's not attractive to me. The studio version gets a terrible review from me, I don't like the fake drums, I don't like what they did to it at all.

Biggest failure on the CD other than The Morning After. I love certain songs but they massacred Let Down. I prefer the acoustic version MUCH more. Studio one isn't emotional at all...I feel like they just killed the song and ruined it. I bet a demo sounds better for it....

The thing with OOA is the fact that the songs are all really good, it's just Benson killed them all and fucked up the whole DBS project that we all have been waiting for since 2005. Every song is written well and they all have great lyrics and melodies, it's just the way he screwed up Chester's vocals on the whole record really ruined it. It's a shame. I have to admit FM is the better one in the end...Chester really should have chosen a producer more carefully.

The thing with OOA is the fact that the songs are all really good, it's just Benson killed them all and fucked up the whole DBS project that we all have been waiting for since 2005. Every song is written well and they all have great lyrics and melodies, it's just the way he screwed up Chester's vocals on the whole record really ruined it. It's a shame. I have to admit FM is the better one in the end...Chester really should have chosen a producer more carefully.

I agree. I still like DBS but the cd could have been great; it was just messed up by bad producing mainly.

I'd love to see a 2009 acoustic studio recording of let down. That song just sounded great the way it was before.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

I agree. I still like DBS but the cd could have been great; it was just messed up by bad producing mainly.

I'd love to see a 2009 acoustic studio recording of let down. That song just sounded great the way it was before.

Yeah...I'd love to hear the acoustic version recorded in studio. That would be amazing.

apparently, those are coming, which is a great thing because i agree with everyone that the acoustic one was far superior in terms of an emotional performance.

Best song on the album and I said it would (IMO) since I heard it on those MySpace videos. Glad it didn't disappoint in the end. Absolutely amazing song. Acoustic version is good, but the studio version hits a home run for me. The chorus riff really hits hard. It gives me goosebumps.

Oh yes, the chorus riffs also gave me goosebumps. But I love the studio version and the live acoustic version equally :)

See...some of these songs would have sounded better without all the electronic influence but other songs would have sounded really bad without the electronic influence, IMO. Overall, I love this album to death though. I think Too Late, Let Down and Walking In Circles would have all sounded amazing acoustic while songs like My Suffering, End Of The World and Fire all needed it.

I must be the only person that thinks the studio version destroys the 2005 acoustic version. The bridge has not been "massacred" to anywhere near the extent you guys are claiming it was, in fact it's almost identical except they swapped out one continuous solo from Amir for a dueling guitar part that switches back and forth, and there's like one measure that was cut out between the chorus and the bridge.

Not to mention that Chester is just horrendously off-key on the acoustic version. I would seriously be embarrassed that that performance was shown on a national TV broadcast if I was him. One of his worst vocal performances ever IMO, and that's saying a lot considering how critical I've been of him the past couple years.

I must be the only person that thinks the studio version destroys the 2005 acoustic version. The bridge has not been "massacred" to anywhere near the extent you guys are claiming it was, in fact it's almost identical except they swapped out one continuous solo from Amir for a dueling guitar part that switches back and forth, and there's like one measure that was cut out between the chorus and the bridge.

Not to mention that Chester is just horrendously off-key on the acoustic version. I would seriously be embarrassed that that performance was shown on a national TV broadcast if I was him. One of his worst vocal performances ever IMO, and that's saying a lot considering how critical I've been of him the past couple years.

im proud that i didnt got your ears haha

to me 2005 version it's awesome

I love the studio version too, one of my favorites of the album

i only don't like the solo, and the end, they didnt knew how to end the song

When i brought the CD today, they're using Let Down as an advertisement. Here's what the little sticker has written: "The debut album from Chester Bennington of LINKIN PARK (Space Vertically) Featuring "Crawl Back In," "Fire" and "Let Down" Its smart using Let Down for advertising, because thats the song that most people would recognize from 2005. I like the studio version, although it has ups and downs compared to the 05 version, i still like it. It fits into album.

I'm on your side brother. The album version is better by far. In some parts it sounds like their is a symphony in the song, and I think that's fucking badass.

See...some of these songs would have sounded better without all the electronic influence but other songs would have sounded really bad without the electronic influence, IMO. Overall, I love this album to death though. I think Too Late, Let Down and Walking In Circles would have all sounded amazing acoustic while songs like My Suffering, End Of The World and Fire all needed it.

I love WIC. I love it to death, but the song would fucking suck acoustically. I know there is a youtube video out their of them singing acoustic. And yea, it fucking rocked. It rocked when we hardly knew what WIC sounded like. But now that we have the real WIC, it would fucking blow acoustically, and listening to it acoustically now makes me want to turn it off and go back to the album version.

WIC is the kind of song... the more electronic, the better. I want to see someone remix WIC and make it sound more movie anthem like, because I think it would go very well with it.

Edited by Legend

I agree @Astat

Studio Version is 10 times better than this accoustic version. That's probably because I don't really like accoustic songs. I need more guitars and electronic stuff!

It was a good accoustic song but with all the instruments it sounds much better making it to one of my favourite songs from OoA.

Just to clarify out a mistake everyone keeps making...

if you listen VERY carefully to the orginal 2005 acoustic live version you can hear J-K's electronic samples that actualy ended up in the studio version.

Appart from the solo & outro both versions are alot more alike than people give credit for.