Inside Of Me!

Nameless

Nu-metal is rap and rock. It's more defined that it's rap and rock "influences" combined. This is why Korn was considered nu-metal because of the hip-hop style drumbeats combined with the heavy guitar. Public Enemy and Anthrax are considered to be the forefathers of nu-metal.

Technically that's also Korn. Anthrax is really thrash metal, like Slayer. It was just more hip hop oriented, but the vocals consisted mainly of screaming.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John just provided me the lyrics, thanks John!

Inside Of Me

I feel my time is slipping away

(Every minute gone by seems like a day)

I’ll never get back the things I lost along the way

What the hell is wrong with me?

This isn’t who I’m supposed to be

Whoa

I feel more alone every day (Whoa)

And just so far away (Whoa)

I know something’s got to change (Whoa)

Inside of me

What is it that I’m running from?

(My head is like a loaded gun)

Every thought is trapped inside this web I’ve spun

What the hell is wrong with me?

This isn’t who I’m supposed to be

Whoa

Inside of me

Whoa

Inside of me

Me

Technically that's also Korn. Anthrax is really thrash metal, like Slayer. It was just more hip hop oriented, but the vocals consisted mainly of screaming.

I'm talking about when Anthrax and Public Enemy collaborated and made a song. That was considered the birth of nu-metal because people really liked the combination.

Edit: That's also debatable because Aerosmith did the "Walk This Way" collaboration with Run DMC.

Edited by rav0k

After listening to this song a few more times, I don't like it anymore. It just sounds like a typical Linkin Park song. Where's the separation? It's not there.

Can Chester stray away from the angsty lyrics please? Some of us are grown up now, which I wish he would do. I love Linkin Park and DBS but both groups sound the same. I was hoping for something new and/or refreshing. <_<

Edited by Pecan603

Definitely my least favorite of the 4 released songs so far. Outside of the bridge which was kind of interesting, this song sounds like total filler to me - same filtered vocal "call and response" thing in the verses as My Suffering, and the line "What the hell is wrong with me/this isn't who I'm supposed to be" just screams "Given Up Part 2."

When I heard the first "What the hell is wrong with me" I went to Numb/Encore immediately, but you are right... definitely "Given Up Part 2" in that sense.

However, of the released DBS material thus far, this would be my favorite. Wow short at 2:16, but the intro is nice. Chorus is ehhh. Still way to over-produced. Hearing Chester in DBS is like hearing a watered-down version of him... it just doesn't sound the same. I understand its not supposed to sound the same, but unlike FM which wasn't done in the middle of an LP album, I just don't understand what Chester is trying to accomplish with this side project in the middle of a crucial time for LP.

Like the song, nothing special whatsoever and 2:16 is wild. However, DBS is still getting a big fail from me in all categories so far.

After listening to this song a few more times, I don't like it anymore. It just sounds like a typical Linkin Park song. Where's the separation? It's not there.

Can Chester stray away from the angsty lyrics please? Some of us are grown up now, which I wish he would do. I love Linkin Park and DBS but both groups sound the same. I was hoping for something new and/or refreshing. <_<

I think there is absolutely nothing similar in DBS and LP. Not one aorta.

Definitely my least favorite of the 4 released songs so far. Outside of the bridge which was kind of interesting, this song sounds like total filler to me - same filtered vocal "call and response" thing in the verses as My Suffering, and the line "What the hell is wrong with me/this isn't who I'm supposed to be" just screams "Given Up Part 2."

well to be honest none of the songs we've listened sounds like LP songs, dunno how you can say this is like GU, i dont know what youre listening to...easy rick rubin...lol...anyway I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

I love this song, each songs they release the cd gets better.

well to be honest none of the songs we've listened sounds like LP songs, dunno how you can say this is like GU, i dont know what youre listening to...easy rick rubin...lol...anyway I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

I love this song, each songs they release the cd gets better.

It's pretty much the same lyrical content as Given Up with a couple of the words changed...? I don't see what's so hard to get about that.

"What the hell is wrong with me"

"What the fuck is wrong with me"

"This isn't who I'm supposed to be"

"Put me out of my misery"

It's pretty much the same lyrical content as Given Up with a couple of the words changed...? I don't see what's so hard to get about that.

"What the hell is wrong with me"

"What the fuck is wrong with me"

"This isn't who I'm supposed to be"

"Put me out of my misery"

Agreed.

Ok this is seriously a cruel joke people. Some of us have been waiting for this album for a very long time, don't take advantage of it.

my bad; i actually believed it, i wasn't messing with you guys. to be honest, i still believe it, because it's about time it leaked, but we'll see.

Ok this is seriously a cruel joke people. Some of us have been waiting for this album for a very long time, don't take advantage of it.

oh calm down. It's not like your life would be in dire peril if it was fake or not. Don't be so dramatic