Inside Of Me!

Nameless

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has a very made-for-rock-radio sound.

Awesome to hear something we haven't already heard in some way already. Not sure how I feel about it yet but I definitely like it better than Crawl Back In, probably not as much as I like My Suffering.

So far, the album sounds very 90's with a pop taste added to it. The track is indeed quite catchy like Chester and Ryan said, and the guitar solo is pretty awesome XD. I definately see what Chester meant when he said it doesn't sound like LP at ALL. It's not at all what I had expected either, I like what I hear so far. Keep it up Dead By Sunrise!

His pitch changes are far too dramatic (because of autotune). I like a more raw sound myself.

Well you have to keep in mind that all DBS tracks so far have Chester's voice layered at least twice, with one usually being a higher-pitched harmony.

I think what you're hearing are the two vocal tracks sort of switching in and out, or one playing when the other isn't.

Well you have to keep in mind that all DBS tracks so far have Chester's voice layered at least twice, with one usually being a higher-pitched harmony.

I think what you're hearing are the two vocal tracks sort of switching in and out, or one playing when the other isn't.

Well no I mean, it sounds "good" but I personally am not a big fan of the recording techniques of todays music. I miss the 90's (early 2000's) when everything was raw. It doesn't suck, it's just not my personal favorite touch.

Edited by rav0k

Yeah no doubt that FM will destroy DBS. I was biased coming in that there was no way DBS could outdo FM in terms of creativity since Mike went above and beyond and got so much fucking underground recognition for the project, but I think I was right, lol.

Still need to hear the full CD to confirm it but I think if you compared the side projects, a majority of fans would say Mike's is better. No offense to Chester at all and I'm not saying DBS sucks (because I'd be the last one to say that since I love nothing more than seeing Ryan Shuck tear the fucking venue to pieces by slamming his guitar all over the place), but I prefer FM at this point in time.

Yeah no doubt that FM will destroy DBS. I was biased coming in that there was no way DBS could outdo FM in terms of creativity since Mike went above and beyond and got so much fucking underground recognition for the project, but I think I was right, lol.

Still need to hear the full CD to confirm it but I think if you compared the side projects, a majority of fans would say Mike's is better. No offense to Chester at all and I'm not saying DBS sucks (because I'd be the last one to say that since I love nothing more than seeing Ryan Shuck tear the fucking venue to pieces by slamming his guitar all over the place), but I prefer FM at this point in time.

Yeah, no question fm> dbs although dbs is pretty cool.I'm starting to like this side project the more they release stuff.

I think the majority of fans here are more into the nu-metal scene which is why people like FM better. It's more hip hop orientated whereas this is pure rock n' roll. I personally like it!!

Naw, not really. I think you can just see quality in the fm project. The beats and lyrics were just incredible. I don't like nu-metal at all. I do however like rap and rock.

Definitely my least favorite of the 4 released songs so far. Outside of the bridge which was kind of interesting, this song sounds like total filler to me - same filtered vocal "call and response" thing in the verses as My Suffering, and the line "What the hell is wrong with me/this isn't who I'm supposed to be" just screams "Given Up Part 2."

Edited by Astat

Naw, not really. I think you can just see quality in the fm project. The beats and lyrics were just incredible. I don't like nu-metal at all. I do however like rap and rock.

Nu-metal is rap and rock. It's more defined that it's rap and rock "influences" combined. This is why Korn was considered nu-metal because of the hip-hop style drumbeats combined with the heavy guitar. Public Enemy and Anthrax are considered to be the forefathers of nu-metal.