Inside Of Me!

Nameless

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are never happy. :lol: Fort Minor vs. DBS? :blink: First of all, there is no grounds to compare them as they are very different. Another thing, why do people even feel the need to do so? Is it because they are both side projects? Just like comparing 'What I've Done' with "New Divide" just because they were both used for Transformers?

Mike and Chester are very talented musicians whose individual strength together give us LP. Separately, FM and DBS is what you get. How about we just appreciate the music and judge it exclusively from the other and LP :rolleyes: .

LEAST fav song leaked right now.

Crawl Back In , Fire, ....................My Suffering (demo last year sounded WAY WAY WAY better).............................. then Inside of me

WAITING for Let Down which could easily jump ahead of the above 3.

And i'm waiting for In the Darkness as well. The acoustic version of it on youtube right now is awesome. I love the chorus and Chester just sang it beauitfully.

Yea we shouldn't compare DBS and FM. Even though i dislike the fact that Mike says Machine Shop in almost every FM song >_>...

thats green lanterns fault. he took the a cappella sample from RTN and put it on like every we major song and rewinded. very talented :rolleyes:

You guys are never happy. :lol: Fort Minor vs. DBS? :blink: First of all, there is no grounds to compare them as they are very different. Another thing, why do people even feel the need to do so? Is it because they are both side projects? Just like comparing 'What I've Done' with "New Divide" just because they were both used for Transformers?

Mike and Chester are very talented musicians whose individual strength together give us LP. Separately, FM and DBS is what you get. How about we just appreciate the music and judge it exclusively from the other and LP :rolleyes: .

I have been saying this all along!!! This is the best post I've seen in a while. I don't want anyone to get the impression that I hate FM or LP, I love both, but you really honestly can't compare them at all to DBS. They are all different? WHY EVEN COMPARE DBS AND FM? :P

Because you can compare Mike's solo project to Chester's solo project. I see no reason why you couldn't do that.

I'm not saying that you can't it's just why would you want to? FM and DBS are very different musically and they are both awesome projects. We all like LP, right? We should all just enjoy the music instead of comparing it. It's all good!

And if you dont like my opinion thats fine but dont call me stupid or mental because of what i think. Thank you very much. How the fuck can you say im not a linkin park fan because i dont like one song's lyrics? How ignorant do you sound?

My bad, I was just kidding around because of how crazy everyone was acting, but I probably should have made that more clear.

This song is almost as embarrassing as Mike trying to be a serious rapper.

I don't agree, but I still lol'ed...

Edited by Cyro

After hearing this several times now, it's probably tied as being my least favorite with My Suffering. It's still a good song but I guess I had super high hopes after hearing Lee and Alex talk about how epic it was. I still think Fire and Crawl Back In are my two favorites and then My Suffering and this would be 3a and 3b. The real thing that kills it for me is the same thing that My Suffering had which is that it's just a bit too short. By the time I started to fall in love with the song, it was already over. I actually hated My Suffering until I heard the studio version which I enjoyed but thought was still too short. Anyway, both of the songs are good songs but the length of them compromises other parts of them which makes me like Fire and CBI better.

In terms of lyrics, I won't try to defend this song. I'm not sure if I would call it Given Up Part 2 but I can understand people calling it that. It's basically just Given Up told from a slightly different perspective. However, instrumentally speaking, this sounds nothing like Given Up. Out of all the songs that have been fully released, I think that Crawl Back In and My suffering sound the most like they have a slight Grey Daze or LP resemblance. However, Inside of Me and Fire sound completely original for Chester and unlike anything he's done before. Overall though, the only resemblance that DBS has to LP is the lyrics. 3 out of the 4 songs have similar lyrics to LP songs. Fire is overall the most unique song though, both lyrically and musically.

I just want to give huge props to Geki. He pretty much saved me the trouble of having to remind people that this is Chester's album. And that this album is pretty much a collection of experiences that he went through during one of the toughest times in his life BUT yet also some of the happiest times of his life. Some of the ignorance that's been spouted on the LPA (LP association) is absolutely amazing. Some people on there have gone as far to say that every song released so far could have been a Linkin Park song, both lyrically and musically. I have no idea how someone could arrive at such an erroneous conclusion. Clearly, as most people have realized, this band is completely different from Linkin Park.

I really love that song, but still think "Fire" is a bit better. "Inside Of Me" sounds exactly like I expected it to sound after Ryan had described it in that one interview. I expected a fast, straight-up rock song with a punk and pop feel and a hella catchy chorus that gets every party going and that is also a great song for driving in the car. So yeah - I got what I wanted and I'm feeling 2:18 minutes of happiness *laughs*

Of course it isn't that much of a deep song (to me, at least) and of course it is not THAT original. But it's just a song that can bring me in a good mood and makes me want to jump around happily. And yes, the lyrics also appeal to me in some way. They might be "simple" but if I myself feel them, I couldn't care less about how he could have made them "deeper" or more "sophisticated."

Edited by immortalsoul

I honestly think this is my favorite track... at least of what I've heard so far.

Just wish it were longer.

Anyway, I know it's a bit off-topic, but is there any news about FM doing more stuff?

I honestly liked the project.

Mike said all his FM energy was going into SOB last year, and now he is saying his FM energy is going into the LP album so who knows.