My Suffering

LESTAT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Chester sang it without screamings because he was 'tired' because of the whole LP set, and wanted to save energy for the three final LP songs.

Considering the lyrics between the two versions are COMPLETELY different, I would say with about 98% certainty that that was not the case.

I prefer the 1st version. I want some heavy stuff on the album.

I really hope Chester sang it without screamings because he was 'tired' because of the whole LP set, and wanted to save energy for the three final LP songs.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait until the album version comes out.

Eh. Sadly I don't think that's the case. The lyrics he sang this time, although you can't really tell what the lyrics were before, are different. They'd have to be because he's singing slower than he was screaming before. EDIT: Astat beat me to this point :P

And don't get me wrong, I love songs with singing. I actually think Fire will be one of my favorite songs off the album. It's just disappointing cause vocally the song sounded great before, why change it?

Edited by Xero21

Eh. Sadly I don't think that's the case. The lyrics he sang this time, although you can't really tell what the lyrics were before, are different. They'd have to be because he's singing slower than he was screaming before. EDIT: Astat beat me to this point :P

And don't get me wrong, I love songs with singing. I actually think Fire will be one of my favorite songs off the album. It's just disappointing cause vocally the song sounded great before, why change it?

you have reason ^^

Guys, my internet is being an absolute fucking twat, can someone convert My Suffering and Fire to mp3 and post it up ?

Really, i cant get past 20 seconds of my suffering and have got about a minute and a bit into fire. I really wanna hear the whole damn thing.

Not even my converter is working.

Pardon the french.

Anyone ?

hey, dude, just ripped the mp3 files for you, download here:

Fire : http://rapidshare.com/files/262201927/DBS_...n_Stuggart_.mp3

My Suffering : http://rapidshare.com/files/262202489/DBS_...n_Stuggart_.mp3

Enjoy~~

BTW, DBS is totally awesome!! Love all the songs so far. Can't wait for the album.

Thanks, I got My Suffering now my internet has wised up a little, was in the middle of ripping Fire but ya beat me ! Thank very much anyway

And yep, I've been waiting for DBS to surface for so long, its just brilliant to see the attention they are getting.

Food for thought too: I kinda new My Suffering would change as the 2008 version lasted about 2 minutes...

I'm disappointed. I was really looking forward to getting the one that was heavier in the verses.

Maybe Chester just sang the verses live instead of scream because it would have taken a lot out of him?

Regardless, first version was better. The song just had so much energy. To be honest, DBS sounds just a bit too melodic for me. No song has really impressed me that much so far, to the point where i'm just looping it over and over again like an LP song. I thought they were going to be a heavier/edgier band when I heard those live tracks in 2008.

I don't know why all you guys don't like DBS...I think it's amazing so far. I've been really excited for it ever since he announced he was even doing a solo album, way back in 2005. I pretty much loved every song I've heard from the album so far. I think the best of all the songs I've heard is In The Darkness though...the melody is amazing.

I don't know why all you guys don't like DBS...I think it's amazing so far. I've been really excited for it ever since he announced he was even doing a solo album, way back in 2005. I pretty much loved every song I've heard from the album so far. I think the best of all the songs I've heard is In The Darkness though...the melody is amazing.

Different strokes for different folks. I think most people will be divided on dbs, just like they were on mtm.

Different strokes for different folks. I think most people will be divided on dbs, just like they were on mtm.

Posted Image

Because it doesn't sound like Linkin Park circa 2000-2006 and that's all most narrow-minded Linkin Park fans ever want to hear.

thread winner

im not gonne listen to bad recordings and make up my mind all i can say is (apart from my december) that i loved the harder songs on HT and meteora a lot more than the softer songs on it and on mtm i liked the softer songs more than the harder songs (apart from BIO) donno NMS and GU has no appeal to me.

so for me going softer aint always a bad thing