Hands Held High into Crawling

hahninator

St. Petersburg was the fifth show of the tour and as the tour goes on, it seems Mike is changing up the set a little bit at each show. It's really cool how he has added a verse from 'A Place For My Head' over 'Points Of Authority' and that it has stuck for a few shows.

Last year in Europe he did the first verse of 'Hands Held High' a cappella at a few shows (including the DVD show at Milton Keynes) and went on to do that verse over the Reanimated (KRWLNG) intro to 'Crawling' on Projekt Revolution 2008. He tossed in an oddball in Toronto in 2008 when he did the first verse over the 'What I've Done' keyboard intro.

In Graz a few shows ago, Mike did the second verse of 'Hands Held High' over the intro for the first time ever and in St. Petersburg, he did something he's never done before as well. He rapped the first verse of 'Hands Held High' a cappella and then right as the last line came in, the 'KRWLNG' intro started and he kept on and did the second verse of 'Hands Held High' over it. Awesome!

Check out the video

. Thoughts on this? Are you guys happy Mike is changing up some stuff in the setlist? I personally think what he did in St. Petersburg was really cool - hopefully he continues to do it on the tour at other shows. Do you all like it better than 'Hands Held High' album version in the set?

Same here, I like this much better than the album version. This is like getting the full song anyway. I hope he does it in Zurich for us. This is fucking awesome, I am really glad Mike is taking the initiative to change the setlist up for us. Maybe he saw comments of the Istanbul show, who knows. But this is just badass, I really like it.

i love the way he did it in St. Petersburg!! and i have been to this show!! it was so great, first we got APFMH over the POA outro and then HHH verse 1 acca and verse 2 over the reanimated intro of Crawling!! that was so sweet!! only bad, that there will be no DSP for this show, because LP kicked fucking ass at this show!

....Wow. Amazing. I like it more than the album version. :)

its awesome like that but he should add the amens in like right after the first verse that would add so much intensity to it. i like this way better than the album.

If they would add the amens, I would cry when I hear it live. B) Edited by JanekZech

IMO i like both the live versions & the album versions :), but its kinda weird chester doing the "amen" by himself...jus doesn't feel/sound right. Mayb they should bring out a choir or something like they did in '07 for the KROQ xmas show, that was really nice i liked that :) (Might not work in a way but this is my opinion u know lol). The video was pretty awsome & good quality as well which was brill :D