Athens Post-Show Discussion

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that m&g clip Mike says they will have to ask Rob because he hasn't played APFMH for a while, what does he say about asking Brad?

Mike says that he wouldn't mind playing it but that they'd have to ask Brad and Rob since they haven't played it in a while.

He seemed to infer that Brad is against changing the set from what it's scheduled to be. Interesting. Now everyone who gets pissed about the setlists knows who to get mad at XD

Edited by Xero21

I can't get over how amazing Chester is sounding. Seriously. It's most apparent on songs like In The End, Numb and Breaking The Habit (the bridge! wow!). He was never bad at those songs but now he just sounds perfect. I'm no longer wincing at songs like Leave Out All The Rest either. *mancrush*

I don't want to get into Chester's personal business, and I don't know exactly why he has regained top form, but I think his decision to quit some old bad habits has definitely contributed.

Edited by Xero21

I can't get over how amazing Chester is sounding. Seriously. It's most apparent on songs like In The End, Numb and Breaking The Habit (the bridge! wow!). He was never bad at those songs but now he just sounds perfect. I'm no longer wincing at songs like Leave Out All The Rest either. *mancrush*

I don't want to get into Chester's personal business, and I don't know exactly why he has regained top form, but I think his decision to quit some old bad habits has definitely contributed.

I honestly thought Chester sounded pretty bad at Istanbul, but he sounded a lot better at Athens from what I've listened to so far. I wouldn't say he's in "top form" right now, but more often than not, he doesn't sound this good 2 shows into a tour.

I honestly thought Chester sounded pretty bad at Istanbul, but he sounded a lot better at Athens from what I've listened to so far. I wouldn't say he's in "top form" right now, but more often than not, he doesn't sound this good 2 shows into a tour.

I mean yeah the top form of years ago is something I don't know will ever happen again. Great form was more what I meant by that. Maybe Dead By Sunrise lit a fire under him. I just hope he continues the trend.

well, the main reason Chester being so good vocally is DEFINITELY the looooong break they had

Not necessarily. He sounded pretty bad at the beginning of both the Meteora and MTM touring cycles.

Not necessarily. He sounded pretty bad at the beginning of both the Meteora and MTM touring cycles.

but think before both of those tours they just came off of recording many songs for an album, so chester has been workin his throat a lot before both of those, not as much before this tour

but think before both of those tours they just came off of recording many songs for an album, so chester has been workin his throat a lot before both of those, not as much before this tour

He just finished recording the DBS album, and LP has been in the studio working on a new album for several months...?

I disagree. In 2003, is voice was fantastic. And in the begining of the MTM touring Cycles his voice was fantastic, almost with the same energy that 2003. I went to Optimus Alive 2007 and to Rock In Rio 2008, and in 2007, his voice was so much better than in 2008 and now in 2009.

However, i think his voice is better now than in 2008.

I disagree. In 2003, is voice was fantastic. And in the begining of the MTM touring Cycles his voice was fantastic, almost with the same energy that 2003. I went to Optimus Alive 2007 and to Rock In Rio 2008, and in 2007, his voice was so much better than in 2008 and now in 2009.

However, i think his voice is better now than in 2008.

Alive 2007 is one of the most out-of-tune shows I've ever heard from Chester. He was absolutely terrible at that show, as he was throughout most of the Minutes to Midnight touring cycle with the exception of about the first 5 or 6 shows of 2008. He had shows that were better/worse than normal, but that was the only point during 2007-2008 that I would consider his vocal performances "good," in terms of what I know he's capable of.

And I said the BEGINNING of 2003, not 2003 in general. Chester's voice on the first run of European shows before the LPU tour was pretty rough, but it got better after that.

Edited by Astat

Alive 2007 is one of the most out-of-tune shows I've ever heard from Chester. He was absolutely terrible at that show, as he was throughout most of the Minutes to Midnight touring cycle with the exception of about the first 5 or 6 shows of 2008. He had shows that were better/worse than normal, but that was the only point during 2007-2008 that I would consider his vocal performances "good," in terms of what I know he's capable of.

And I said the BEGINNING of 2003, not 2003 in general. Chester's voice on the first run of European shows before the LPU tour was pretty rough, but it got better after that.

I don't know very well what means "out-of-tune" (sorry for my english), but i think you wanted to say that his voice wasn't good in that show, i'm right?

Sorry didn't realise i double posted.

Astat - what would you say Chester's best ever show has been? in terms of vocals.

I never really look at it in terms of individual shows, but periods where he sounds his best. I'd say Projekt Revolution 2002, most of the post-Summer Sanitarium 2003 shows, the June-September 2004 shows, Summer Sonic 2006, and the first 5-6 shows of 2008 were his best overall periods.