''I hear they got a girl singer now'' Jay Gordon talks about the new Linkin Park singer

For what's it worth my top three:

1: none (go as a 5 piece),

2: Jon Green, yes it's no screaming but I dare to say he does know the guys from LP and does know how they work,

3: Anthony Vincent (10 second songs) he sing en scream both very well!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

😮

If this rumor of Linkin Park is true than the only female that comes to mind that might pull it off is Jennifer Weist. She and Mike Shinoda played together A Place For My Head in Belin 2019.

Edited by Tomas

4 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

How exactly are they too close to Chester's style? Is it just because they are both good vocalists who can sing beautifully and scream? The music they make sounds nothing like anything Linkin Park has done and their vocal styles sound nothing like Chester's.

Linkin Park has always been a "we need to play all of our singles" kind of band. They need someone who is versatile in order to perform their greatest hits live and in order to keep experimenting with new genres like they have always done. It wouldn't be Linkin Park anymore if they just stick to playing super generic music that anyone in the world can perform.

Yes, my shot was in that direction, someone who can sing clean and scream and did it before. I know that their bands are far from LP is but I was pointing the kind of singer that I think is an option to go with the same style as they've been doing (and they should be able to perform almost everything from HT to OML) 

5 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

How exactly are they too close to Chester's style? Is it just because they are both good vocalists who can sing beautifully and scream? The music they make sounds nothing like anything Linkin Park has done and their vocal styles sound nothing like Chester's.

Linkin Park has always been a "we need to play all of our singles" kind of band. They need someone who is versatile in order to perform their greatest hits live and in order to keep experimenting with new genres like they have always done. It wouldn't be Linkin Park anymore if they just stick to playing super generic music that anyone in the world can perform.

I know it wont ever happen but i seriously thought the singer from sum 41 was a great fit after that faint performance with shinoda. He has a great tone for Linkin Park moving forward but even he knows he's no replacement for chester which i agree, but still his tone is very fitting IMO for the band's music. 

Now I'll say that the reaction of Jay Gordon "No no, I know nothing, I said nothing!!" is a tiny bit suspicious indeed. He could well just be annoyed about a random confusion of his -for example induced by the "Already Over" sessions with female artists - making the headlines.... who knows. 

At the least, if the rumor spreads a lot in the coming days, it'd be healthy for someone off the band to disprove it - a simple tweet 'd be enough to avoid a lot of drama ^^'

1 hour ago, Tomas said:

😮

If this rumor of Linkin Park is true than the only female that comes to mind that might pull it off is Jennifer Weist. She and Mike Shinoda played together A Place For My Head in Belin 2019.

woah i love her energy and sound. I personally hope this is all true about a female lead. Females bring an energy males simply cannot, not even Chester, I'm sorry bit it's just true. 

Edited by AceWav

If they would back under a new name with new singer and brand new material and at concerts occasionally they will play some LP songs, for example if they will play "Faint" it would mean they played a cover of it, right?

26 minutes ago, AceWav said:

I know it wont ever happen but i seriously thought the singer from sum 41 was a great fit after that faint performance with shinoda. He has a great tone for Linkin Park moving forward but even he knows he's no replacement for chester which i agree, but still his tone is very fitting IMO for the band's music. 

He does have that similar vibe in his voice that makes him a nice comparison.

They actually just dropped their final album this past Friday. Half is very classic sum41 anthem type songs and the other half their later more metal infused style. Nice send off and a bittersweet but well deserved close so Deryck can rest instead of running himself ragged.

Posted (edited)

via Facebook / / Jay Gordon (Statement 2): ''I wish them nothing but the best since such a terrible & tragic loss. He was a friend. Such a legendary guy in so many ways. Still bummed about it. These are my own words. Not some bs hype story to get people to engage. I would never speak on another band’s behalf. They communicate just fine on their own. If something like that happens I would hope THEY would be the ones to drop the news. I sure as hell wouldn’t do that to them or anyone. Click conjuring has never been my strong suit so don’t take my words outta context ever again bro.''

Rockfeed used LPLive as a source! really cool!

4 hours ago, My4oKFanLP said:

I do not rule out the possibility that the female singer will perform only new material. Except for a few LP songs. It is also possible that they will perform under a new name.

LP is a really old band that needs to play their greatest hits at every show.. there are atleast 15 songs that must be part of their setlist. 

There are a lot of women who can take the role of lead singer. 

Someone like the girl from Spiritbox is the best shot, im not saying that it should be her its just someone who can do agressive, melodic singing and also the ability to scream which is something like Amy Lee cant do.

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

If it is a female vocalist, I highly doubt it would be someone relatively well known (like Courtney from Spiritbox). 

Most well known artists/lead singers aren't gonna want to step into Chester's shoes and be a glorified tribute act. Don't get me wrong I like Queen + Adam Lambert but they don't get close to the original and feel like a tribute imo.

4 hours ago, martinez said:

If they would back under a new name with new singer and brand new material and at concerts occasionally they will play some LP songs, for example if they will play "Faint" it would mean they played a cover of it, right?

Yes. I have an example ready, Rammstein singer Till Lindemann had a sidekick with Peter Tägtgren, and the project was called Lindemann.

They split in 2020, Till Lindemann continued under his full name, Till Lindemann, performing both Lindemann and Till Lindemann songs, essentially rendering the Lindemann songs to be covers.

In a sense, I feel for Jay getting his ass beat over this because if it IS true, then he leaked enormous news about a band he's ostensibly close with and that feels bad, and if it ISN'T true then he either got too loose with speculation or heard something that he believed that was either misconstrued or not true at all. Tough spot to be in when nothing will get past people in interviews like this.

That said, the way he's backpedaled by being like "I NEVER said that" despite there being VIDEO EVIDENCE of him saying precisely what he said, and then attempting to blame everyone under the sun for "blowing it up" when he offered this information with no prompting whatsoever is ridiculous. Take the L and shut the fuck up, dude. If LP's lawyers have a gun to your head it's your own fault for being a loose-lipped moron.

I have no feelings either way about the actual rumor and I won't unless/until it it officially announced. I DO think it will go over extremely poorly literally no matter who the singer is among a significant portion of the fanbase, 1. because anyone who's not Chester is not Chester and therefore worthless in their eyes and 2. because woman. I think it would be a bold, fascinating move. It could also be extremely bad. Or this could all have been a waste of time. We'll see!

2 hours ago, gorast said:

In a sense, I feel for Jay getting his ass beat over this because if it IS true, then he leaked enormous news about a band he's ostensibly close with and that feels bad, and if it ISN'T true then he either got too loose with speculation or heard something that he believed that was either misconstrued or not true at all. Tough spot to be in when nothing will get past people in interviews like this.

That said, the way he's backpedaled by being like "I NEVER said that" despite there being VIDEO EVIDENCE of him saying precisely what he said, and then attempting to blame everyone under the sun for "blowing it up" when he offered this information with no prompting whatsoever is ridiculous. Take the L and shut the fuck up, dude. If LP's lawyers have a gun to your head it's your own fault for being a loose-lipped moron.

I have no feelings either way about the actual rumor and I won't unless/until it it officially announced. I DO think it will go over extremely poorly literally no matter who the singer is among a significant portion of the fanbase, 1. because anyone who's not Chester is not Chester and therefore worthless in their eyes and 2. because woman. I think it would be a bold, fascinating move. It could also be extremely bad. Or this could all have been a waste of time. We'll see!

''But she caught me on the counter (It wasn't me)
Saw me bangin' on the sofa (It wasn't me)
I even had her in the shower (It wasn't me)'' -Jay Gordon

2 hours ago, gorast said:

That said, the way he's backpedaled by being like "I NEVER said that" despite there being VIDEO EVIDENCE of him saying precisely what he said, and then attempting to blame everyone under the sun for "blowing it up" when he offered this information with no prompting whatsoever is ridiculous.

Jay Gordon for President!

If there is truth to that we should first see who they found and how it works before getting pitchforks out. A female lead has the potential to make LP interesting again. Something that a sole substitute can't really provide.

I said it some time ago but I'm all for it and feel that this would be the best case for a continuation of the band.

Here's name of female artits who have associations with the band (+ hot names in the music industry) and the percentage chances that one of them will join the boys. It's clearly just a game, like old times. Let me know what you think and if you have any other names in mind!

Kelli Ali: 0%

Bebe Rexa: 1%

Holly Brook/Skylar Grey: 1%

Amy Lee: 5%

Lenny: 10%

Kiiara: 10%

Jennifer Weist: 10%

Ilsey Juber: 10%

Alissa White-Gluz: 10%

Lynn Gunn: 10%

Lzzy Hale: 25%

Nørskov: 25%

Damona: 25%

Alanis Morissette: 25%

UPSAHL: 25%

G Flip: 25%

Lacey Sturm: 30%

Demi Lovato: 40%

Lights: 40%

Kailee Morgue: 40%

Julia Michaels: 50%

Bonnie Fraser: 50%

Unknown: 50%

Courtney LaPlante: 50%

Sydney Sierota: 70%

K. Flay: 70%

Halsey: 70%

Edited by Chazy987

3 hours ago, Chazy987 said:

Here's name of female artits who have associations with the band and the percentage chances that one of them will join the boys. It's clearly just a game, like old times. Let me know what you think and if you have any other names in mind!

How are Amy Lee, Lacey Sturm, Courtney LaPlante and Halsey associated with the band? Gonna add Alissa White-Gluz to the list just for the hell of it. Also, the girl from Pvris is called Lynn Gunn

4 hours ago, Chazy987 said:

Here's name of female artits who have associations with the band and the percentage chances that one of them will join the boys. It's clearly just a game, like old times. Let me know what you think and if you have any other names in mind!

PVRIS: 10%

lol I'd update that to 0% in all cases

Just throwing it out there that you forgot about Lights working with Mike.
She also recently left her label to start her own so she's a bit of a free agent, can hit the range needed for a lot of LP, has been on metalish and rock songs, and has always had an experimental approach to her music that I've thought resembles LP's vibes.

Britney Spears 75%

5 hours ago, Chazy987 said: