''I hear they got a girl singer now'' Jay Gordon talks about the new Linkin Park singer

What Did Jay Gordon Say About Linkin Park?

Gordon was speaking with KCAL 96.7's RadioActive Mike Z. for his Wired in the Empire weekend radio show as the pair were reminiscing about the singer's history with Linkin Park. Orgy took Linkin Park on their first tour and Gordon later remixed "Pts.OF.Athrty" for the band's Reanimation remix album.

In an interview with Wired In The Empire, Orgy frontman Jay Gordon made a comment about Linkin Park having a new vocalist.

"Very, very cool guys and obviously a great band. They've been around a long time and they're still going for it," said Gordon as captured by Loudwire. "It’s going to be tough without Chester [Bennington], but we'll see. I hear they got a girl singer now. That's what I heard.”

Gordon then walked back his comment, saying: "Don't quote me on that. I'm not sure who the singer is going to be, but I heard it was gonna be female. They might just try to move on like that. That ought to be interesting."

8:30 MIN 

Which is definitely a weird comment to make if there weren't rumblings of a Linkin Park return. Especially when Gordon was pressed by host RadioActive Mike Z. about his "I hear they got a girl singer now" – dude didn't just retract the whole thing and move on.

https://loudwire.com/linkin-park-plans-new-singer-leaked/

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a guy like Jay Gordon says that he has heard rumours about LPs new vocalist this must be TRUE, he has a long career, even longer than LP.

-The band is doing auditions right now?

-5 piece band is discarded? (Mike has even said that there are some songs like OSC that would be impossible to perform)

If they want to move on with a female singer it should be someone who can do almost EVERYTHING, screaming is a must.

Someone like the girl from Spiritbox would be great or the girl who did APFMH w Mike.. i cant remember her name.

The way I see it, the only thing that would remotely give more credit to this is the "Papercuts" thing.

It is a semi-common thing for bands to publish a "Best of" compilation to wrap-up an era, before starting an entirely fresh chapter.

That said, not buying it, I just don't see it happening. 

3 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

i bet he heard someone talking about Mike's Already Over Sessions and got all mixed up.

The problem is that Jay Gordon  is someone who has been part of the music business since the 90s and has worked on some projects with the Linkin Park and I guess that he is or was close with the band members, specially Chester... also he seemed super serious on the video.

girl-you-know-its-true-milli-vanilli.gif

Jay Gordon :"With regards to this linkin park singer thing. I know nothing about any of that. People sure do love to take my words out of context. I love those guys and wish them the best. Wow I was like what in the actual f**k ? I said nothing about knowing any of that and never brought it up. I love Chester and there will never be another him ever. Strange that that dude said something to me about it not the other way around. get real dude. Not cool!"

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/TmqPymBS3ymao5Bs/?mibextid=oFDknk

Lol it seems like Jay Gordon realized that he messed up. What he said was pretty clear and the interviewer didn't even try to obtain info about the new singer.

In my mind he knows something and he realized that he said more than what was possible..

50 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Jay Gordon :"With regards to this linkin park singer thing. I know nothing about any of that. People sure do love to take my words out of context. I love those guys and wish them the best. Wow I was like what in the actual f**k ? I said nothing about knowing any of that and never brought it up. I love Chester and there will never be another him ever. Strange that that dude said something to me about it not the other way around. get real dude. Not cool!"

Lol it seems like Jay Gordon realized that he messed up. What he said was pretty clear and the interviewer didn't even try to obtain info about the new singer.

In my mind he knows something and he realized that he said more than what was possible..

I am keeping expectations low to none, but I don’t buy his backtrack statement. He very clearly said what he said, it wasn’t misconstrued in any way. I have an ever so slight feeling something *could* be happening in the next few years

If a new lead singer does join the band, fantastic. It would be great to hear them play live again together, and potentially… make new music. For those who are against the idea of this, we could still get songs with Chester through album anniversaries? Instead of box sets for EVERY album, maybe drop a song or two that has been previously unheard every few years. I can see this as a way to get music from Chester and music from the future of the band, whatever that may be.

Of course if they ever do decide to come back that would be amazing, if not it is what it is. They’ve given us more than enough and I couldn’t thank them enough.

1 hour ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

I love how someone in the comments quoted Get Me Gone, which is about print interviews specifically. Jay Gordon is literally on video saying these things. That quote does not apply in any way.

1 hour ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Lol makes no sense. If he "didn’t say anything" was it AI/deepfake then? 😂

For what it's worth he could be conflating memories of LP working with Kiiara for "Heavy".

Whole number of things could have lead to this statement.

3 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

5 bucks says he got a call from the band's lawyers lol

If this is a real move I think someone like Courtney from Spiritbox or Lacey from Flyleaf could be a good fit but too much closer to Chester' style. 

After Chester's passing a new chapter/era maybe is needed, moving from that style despite all the things we'll lose (heavier songs if she can't scream) 

1 minute ago, Yucker said:

If this is a real move I think someone like Courtney from Spiritbox or Lacey from Flyleaf could be a good fit but too much closer to Chester' style. 

After Chester's passing a new chapter/era maybe is needed, moving from that style despite all the things we'll lose (heavier songs if she can't scream) 

How exactly are they too close to Chester's style? Is it just because they are both good vocalists who can sing beautifully and scream? The music they make sounds nothing like anything Linkin Park has done and their vocal styles sound nothing like Chester's.

Linkin Park has always been a "we need to play all of our singles" kind of band. They need someone who is versatile in order to perform their greatest hits live and in order to keep experimenting with new genres like they have always done. It wouldn't be Linkin Park anymore if they just stick to playing super generic music that anyone in the world can perform.

6 hours ago, Elaine said:

For what it's worth he could be conflating memories of LP working with Kiiara for "Heavy".

Whole number of things could have lead to this statement.

Honestly, I think the same too. I don't think they're really ready to do music again, since everybody's got something on their plates now

56 minutes ago, arcyy57 said:

Honestly, I think the same too. I don't think they're really ready to do music again, since everybody's got something on their plates now

Hell, even that is adding too much speculation to the pot. This could be false whether or not the band is cooking as we speak. This could also be something true that he doesn't actually know and is just being weird about. It's a really weird claim, unremarked upon in the moment (despite being kind of a big deal)-- dropped, then just moved on from, and then hastily denied. Hell, I'd probably believe it was some kind of weird mix-up even if they did hire a woman as the lead. What reason does this guy have to know about it? Being in contact with the band previously isn't necessarily conducive to being in contact with the band currently (Even indirectly). The best we can offer there is speculation, when we really just don't know anything other than "Shit's weird, yo."

Edited by Elaine

I'd like to witness LP playing music together once again.

If they're gonna go with a female singer, I would be 100% fine with it as long as it's not a pop singer unable to perform the older material. If they were to do that, they might as well start a new band under different name. They need a rock vocalist.

38 minutes ago, My4oKFanLP said:

I do not rule out the possibility that the female singer will perform only new material. Except for a few LP songs. It is also possible that they will perform under a new name.

What is it? LINDSAY PARK?