"Already Over" Session 5: Tokyo

LPLStaff

Japanese pianist Yomii has uploaded a preview of the 5th "Already Over" session where a prank is played on Mike. This nine minute video shows behind the scenes clips of rehearsals and song performances from the session. 

Of note, Mike is playing guitar on "Already Over", and as it turns out, the second song is none other than "Remember the Name"! Check out the prank played on Mike and the piano version of "Remember the Name" before the full session video is released soon. The clips of both songs at the end are full band and rock pretty hard!

EDIT: full video is out:

CREDITS:

Lead Guitar: かずき / Kazuki

Bass: MINA

Piano: よみぃ / Yomii

Drums: マイキ / Maiki Musical

Director: Minoru Yokoo

Special Thanks To:

Warner Music Japan

Angela Mariko Tanaka

Sarasa Sugawara

Keisuke Kevin Koshima

Joey Constantine

Jim Digby

Recorded at Avaco Studio Recording 301

Poor Mike….lol

Nice prank and yes I think it needs subs so we can understand what is being said. 
Loving the song being played from all over the world with so many talented musicians. 
Keep it up Mike :) 

These sessions are so awesome, but the tease does kill me a bit. Listening to Mike play his/LP songs semi-live just makes me beg to see him on a big stage again. I know we've been blessed with an absurd amount of live recordings the last 20+ years but Mike is a rock star he can still fill a stadium. 

By far the most talented musicians Mike has ever performed with in his solo career. That bass line was insane. Pianist crazy talented. Guitarist and drums too. Everyone went tf off. RTN was dope too

Edited by OKCrew

RTN rock version is freeeesh af. We need the full song.

Great musicians and good AO version for a one special take for fun, but i agree it would bee too much for a real studio recording.

[Slur removed] - Rasputin 93

Edit: [Sorry for using a slur, i mixed a way of speaking in my native language with english and it turned out to be a very bad mistake)

Edited by vinifeijo

2 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

Japs will jap.

Just hope englisch isn't your first language and you didn't know about the use of this word...

Crazy session, so weird at times and also energetic. Got a bit chaotic for me at times but overall a great way to close out the AO sessions.

21 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Take these guys on the road plus Bobby Amaru / Veda 

and you got the perfect MS and Friends band.

That's gonna be quite hard to get, Bobby is the current singer of Saliva (the same Saliva who released Click Click Boom in the 2000's)

On 1/20/2024 at 7:55 PM, lpliveusername said:

Only in the US where they had internment camps for Japanese people:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_Japanese_Americans

no not only in the US. There are quite a few countries where it’s a slur. Even here in Germany “Japsen” is a slur and we never had Japanese camps but it’s still used in a degenerative way. 

anyway, there are English subs for the Yomi prank video out now. It’s a pretty funny haha

Edited by PizzaPino

On 1/23/2024 at 11:35 AM, PizzaPino said:

no not only in the US. There are quite a few countries where it’s a slur. Even here in Germany “Japsen” is a slur and we never had Japanese camps but it’s still used in a degenerative way.

Learning something new everyday. Here you see it used in the names of Asian-owned restaurants, stage names for Asian artists, and display names and nicknames for Asian people, so I always thought it was an US-only thing to censor the word as it is literally just an abbreviation of "Japanese".