"The Crimson Chapter EP" Out December 1st

martinez

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked the EP as well, quite moody and experimental in parts, far from most of the poppy stuff Mike has been producing the last couple of years.

The tracklist made it look way worse than what it actually sounds like. The "Already Over" different takes have almost nothing to do with the original, and some like "Nothing is There" work as individual tracks in their own right.

40 minutes ago, ShineWolf said:

This EP is such a surprise for me, I was not expecting that much experimentation, the tracklist really did it a disservice. Am i the only one who likes Fine remix more than the OG? I found it more epic and fun.

It’s A LOT MORE than what I was expecting. I expected bland remixes of AO like the ALTNC EP or the BID ones, but this is cool, none of the remixes sounds similar to the OG. Love it. And the Finer bridge is 🔥

I will be critical. I like only crimson intro and original AO. I would rather accept LPU CD than this. For me, this is nothing that would excite me. Mike is just doing advertisement through LPU for this EP, but I believe I am not only one who wants LPU CD instead of this.

The EP sounds just like a soundtrack where you have Already Over as the main theme and various variations and experimentations on that theme. Other two tracks by the same artist thrown in to add some diversity. I guess that's what he was aiming for based on the title. It's definitely interesting to hear what he did with those songs and I think it could have been really cool as an audiovisual project; but as it is right now, I don't really see myself coming back to any of the tracks ever again because soundtrack releases aren't really my thing.

Love going track by track impressions on this: 

1) Crimson intro: perfect live intro to AO, 100% LP-ish, could name 5/6 songs it’s reminiscent of; 

2) AO, pop song with MTM instrumental, super nice; 

3) Organized Mix: love the modern Recharged-like vibe of this, as someone said, it reminds me of BMTH “music to listen to …” EP. 
4) Fine (finer mix): I like it, maybe even more than the OG. The instrumental bridge is just EPIC, pure LP (vaguely The Catalyst, anyone ?); 

5) AO FM mix: the rapping is fire ! Recharged vibes (STB and IBG with Pusha); 

6) In my head: still a nice spooky song; 

7) AO Nothing’s there: Radiohead Kid A/NIN major vibes, that’s great. 
8. AO Pt. 2: just SICK, the first verse is amazing. 

overall it’s a lot better than what I expected 

I rather have a full-pledged LINKIN PARK album than this. why waste your time and energy for this when you can do this with the rest of LINKIN PARK folks? Stop with the drama, C'mon.

Edited by RYG4R

I agree that this is a cool release. Nice mix of instrumental, remix, and reinterpretations on the song. Wouldn't mind more EPs like this for songs if he doesn't want to do a traditional album - we could get even more music this way. If that's what Mike wants to do then that's a cool way to go about it.

You can't compare this to LP - obviously Mike would release an LP album every 2 years if he could. The rest of the band isn't ready to continue is simply all that is. 

13 hours ago, RYG4R said:

I rather have a full-pledged LINKIN PARK album than this. why waste your time and energy for this when you can do this with the rest of LINKIN PARK folks? Stop with the drama, C'mon.

We have no idea if the rest of the band even WANTS to do anything at this point. Mike obviously wants to keep making music, and he's done a ton of it in the past six years. The rest of the band has done next to nothing in that time.

For all we know, one or more members of the band had a John Deacon-like reaction to Chester's passing.

John Deacon was the bassist for Queen, and after Freddie Mercury died he only played with the band 3 more times and then retired from music completely. Even when Queen continued on, he declined and said it's not the same without Freddie. His desire to be in a band and play live music died with Freddie, basically, which is sad.

If anybody in LP had a similar response, I don't think Mike and the others would be keen to replace them and move on.

It's not like Phoenix, Rob, Brad, and Joe are just sitting by the phone waiting on a call from Mike to assemble. All 5 of those guys need to be on the same page and with one accord for LP to move forward however they choose, and obviously that hasn't happened as of yet.

Edited by Justin

Which leads me to say, personally, I am happy enough with Mike releasing more new music in the future.

At this point, my interest for LP has kind of been transferred to Mike's stuff.  It's more like a pragmatic thing : LP making new music again is very, very uncertain, and it would never feel the same anyway.  The anniversary boxes are already a good way to keep the legacy alive.

On the other side, I'm convinced Mike has the skills to release some absolutely great stuff in the future, maybe with the extra help of some instrument players (and there, why not some LP members?). I just wish he'll commit to big-scope project at some point.

14 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

Just listened to the whole EP. Honestly the Nothings There remix might be my favorite thing Mike has ever done. Maybe its because I just love that "type" of electronica, but still its epic

It’s great, it’s like NIN and Kid A Radiohead fused with some ATS vibes 

10 hours ago, RYG4R said:

So Mike is becoming like Paul McCartney of our generation, yeah? Is LINKIN PARK the next The Beatles of our generation? 

Exactly but without success. I don't think that Mike's goal is to reach to a very small audience.

Hopefully he does something in the future that helps him to blow up.

It's kinda hard since every member of LP is just a shadow to casual and non fans.

I will always express my opinion I don't care if people thinks that I'm a hater which is 100% false.

I love LP and every member it's just that to me it feels weird that Mike is always holding back or not giving us his full potential.

The release of this EP was something weird, AO is just a decent basic track it didn't need to be remixed that many times.

Instead of creating 6 versions of it why not only ONE and gave it all in that one?

If the band is not coming back soon hopefully in 2024 Mike could figure out what he is going to do w his solo career.

I would love to go to one of his shows.

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

9 hours ago, Stranger said:

just watched random ALREADY OVER video on YT and on the info, shows this.. maybe this is the next releases?

Yeah, it's been confirmed the next session is from Los Angeles. He also recorded in Berlin and London and apparently there will be one in Japan as well.

1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

Yeah, it's been confirmed the next session is from Los Angeles. He also recorded in Berlin and London and apparently there will be one in Japan as well.

I strongly hope we get another LP song played by Mike and local artists as it was with BIO