"The Crimson Chapter EP" Out December 1st

martinez

9 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Yeah, it's been confirmed the next session is from Los Angeles. He also recorded in Berlin and London and apparently there will be one in Japan as well.

that's great! i might missed out the LA part. I know he's recorded for Berlin & London.

7 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

I strongly hope we get another LP song played by Mike and local artists as it was with BIO 

4 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

It would be super cool if we got different Linkin Park songs with each of these AO sessions.

YESS!! imagine 4 different songs in each place, made it as an EP.

Edited by Stranger

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/1/2023 at 1:47 AM, leftshoe18 said:

A lot of these remixes are giving me NIN vibes. This EP was great.

Funny how I didn't think about Trent or Atticus when I listened to the tracks, but, I still have my dream collab between them and Mike someday.

Really enjoyed this EP so far.

Finally listened 

1. Crimson Intro - Definitely has some ATS vibes and I agree it sounds like a mix of Mike's stuff through the years. I also agree that it would have been a lot more interesting if the second bar of the solo did something different since it's just the same from the actual track 
2. AO - Still a banger, my favorite Mike solo song since PT
3. AO Reorganized - I love the soundscape here, I do wish though it had some vocals on it or something to make it more interesting like the samples on ATS or the Japanese on Jornada del Muerto 
4. Finer - The first half is ok, I miss a lot of elements of the original and the double time snare doesn't feel great here to me. But the ending SLAPS, I've been wanting to hear Mike go off like that for a long time now. I bet when he plays Fine live it'll be the first half of the original and then this ending as an outro. The original fine was begging for something more interesting to drop imo and now we have it 
5. AO FM Mix - Still love it, both verses are great. I wish it had a more interesting instrumental ending like Finer though 
6. IMH - Feels kinda random to be on this, probably in the bottom half of Mike solo tracks for me and it being on here doesn't really do anything for it or the EP imo 
7. Nothing's There - Reminds me of some Living Things or stagelight demos mixed with stuff like Session. I love it, wish the soundscape carried over to another full song

8. Part 2 - I love the new verses and rap verse, but I wish the choruses also had some new lyrics or something new about them. Right now it feels kinda like a demo to AO rather than a part 2. Doesn't feel like a closer to me but it's nice on its own for sure 

21 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

Finally listened 

1. Crimson Intro - Definitely has some ATS vibes and I agree it sounds like a mix of Mike's stuff through the years. I also agree that it would have been a lot more interesting if the second bar of the solo did something different since it's just the same from the actual track 
2. AO - Still a banger, my favorite Mike solo song since PT
3. AO Reorganized - I love the soundscape here, I do wish though it had some vocals on it or something to make it more interesting like the samples on ATS or the Japanese on Jornada del Muerto 
4. Finer - The first half is ok, I miss a lot of elements of the original and the double time snare doesn't feel great here to me. But the ending SLAPS, I've been wanting to hear Mike go off like that for a long time now. I bet when he plays Fine live it'll be the first half of the original and then this ending as an outro. The original fine was begging for something more interesting to drop imo and now we have it 
5. AO FM Mix - Still love it, both verses are great. I wish it had a more interesting instrumental ending like Finer though 
6. IMH - Feels kinda random to be on this, probably in the bottom half of Mike solo tracks for me and it being on here doesn't really do anything for it or the EP imo 
7. Nothing's There - Reminds me of some Living Things or stagelight demos mixed with stuff like Session. I love it, wish the soundscape carried over to another full song

8. Part 2 - I love the new verses and rap verse, but I wish the choruses also had some new lyrics or something new about them. Right now it feels kinda like a demo to AO rather than a part 2. Doesn't feel like a closer to me but it's nice on its own for sure 

Agree on almost everything you said, I love how the whole EP has 2010/2013 LP vibes.