Grey Daze Releases "Soul Song"

lpliveusername

Mailing list subscribers can now grab a high quality download of Grey Daze's new single, 'Soul Song', featuring guest vocals by Jaime Bennington, Chester's son. A music video was also directed and starred by Jaime. Watch it below. Amends comes out on June 26th.

"This music video is about my spiritual connection to the other side and my literal experiences with the elusive and, at times, incomprehensible presence of my father after death. ’Soul Song’ is about the many ways in which we come to enlightenment, into knowledge, and the many ways we fall away from it. This is my personal experience with that.” - Jaime Bennington

3 hours ago, Subs said:

I'm still trying to figure out where Jaime is in the song, I figure its in the backing harmonies in the chorus.

you are not alone...really irritating when he sings along in the video and it's clearly Chester's voice... If those vocals were really Jaimes than it would be really interesting to see him sing some LP songs :D

3 hours ago, JZLP said:

Crazy ass fan

So how much is Sean paying you to be his puppet anyway? You've even started talking like him.

(Mostly kidding, but the sooner you get the Geki treatment around here the better, tbh)

Edited by Astat

6 hours ago, LinkInThePark said:

you are not alone...really irritating when he sings along in the video and it's clearly Chester's voice... If those vocals were really Jaimes than it would be really interesting to see him sing some LP songs :D

Jaime sings the lower vocals in the chorus. you have to listen VERY closely to hear him. Saddening they made his vocals so low in the mix.

30 minutes ago, Astat said:

So how much is Sean paying you to be his puppet anyway? You've even started talking like him.

(Mostly kidding, but the sooner you get the Geki treatment around here the better, tbh)

Dude his own fucking son directed the video, even him has no right to use his father image? 

I'm sick of people thinking that Chester since 99 is owned by LP

I fucking love Amends the production is really great you can't deny that even if you hate Sean. 

Let's get a cameraman to zoom in on Jamie when he's supposed be having these private spiritual moments with his dad, like meditating. I don't want to see Jamie in those moments, those are for him and his father. He directed it, and it's not my place to speak for anyone but myself.

I can't give a better suggestion, all I can say is that the video does.not.sit.well.with.me.

Edited by mattyice318
Rephrasing

16 hours ago, florez411 said:

Jaime sings the lower vocals in the chorus. you have to listen VERY closely to hear him. Saddening they made his vocals so low in the mix.

I ran a vocal remover on the track, it tends to leave behind backing vocals and reverb tracks. Still can’t hear Jaime in the least bit, and anyone that has seen or followed his instagram knows Jaime doesn’t sound like his dad so he’s definitely not doing leads. If he’s actually on the track, this is just bad mixing

Edited by Broman

6 hours ago, Broman said:

I ran a vocal remover on the track, it tends to leave behind backing vocals and reverb tracks. Still can’t hear Jaime in the least bit, and anyone that has seen or followed his instagram knows Jaime doesn’t sound like his dad so he’s definitely not doing leads. If he’s actually on the track, this is just bad mixing

I tried to make stems of it and you cannot hear jaimes voice at all. Such a shame it was either mixed badly or they just used his name to get buzz for the track or extra listens. By the way , what program did you use for vocal remover?

11 hours ago, Broman said:

I can hear him, but barely. Listen to the chorus and you'll faintly hear someone sounding like they're just speaking the chorus, not actually singing. I had to equalize the hell out of the track for it to be audible. The only thing I can think of is whoever mixed it (horribly, I might add) had his and Chester's chorus vocals together.

6 hours ago, daroker510 said:

I tried to make stems of it and you cannot hear jaimes voice at all. Such a shame it was either mixed badly or they just used his name to get buzz for the track or extra listens. By the way , what program did you use for vocal remover?

Use his name? Not a single guest is listed

1 hour ago, florez411 said:

The only thing I can think of is whoever mixed it (horribly, I might add) had his and Chester's chorus vocals together.

Actually I'm glad that his vocals are buried he's not a professional singer and his voice is unpleasant. 

The other collaborators who did vocals none of them have their own part its just backup or background vocals which is great for me because this whole album is about Chester. 

That's why this is not a cashgrab they could have easily throw all the big names in the tracklist to attract more people but they didn't. 

2 hours ago, castro78 said:

You guys have to have something better to do with your lives. 

Listen to the man in the mirror by MJ

3 hours ago, JZLP said:

Use his name? Not a single guest is listed

Actually I'm glad that his vocals are buried he's not a professional singer and his voice is unpleasant. 

The other collaborators who did vocals none of them have their own part its just backup or background vocals which is great for me because this whole album is about Chester. 

That's why this is not a cashgrab they could have easily throw all the big names in the tracklist to attract more people but they didn't. 

Listen to the man in the mirror by MJ

I wasn’t referring to you my man. I’m talking about the guys deconstructing the track. 

1 hour ago, castro78 said:

I wasn’t referring to you my man. I’m talking about the guys deconstructing the track. 

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but the world’s kinda on lockdown rn. Pretty sure if anyone’s got anything right now, it’s time to do stuff. i mean, surely YOU had something better to do than type that first useless, unproductive comment.

Though i’m pretty sure someone would’ve done it anyway. because we’re a community of people who love to analyze every single detail. sorry if that displeases you 🤓

12 hours ago, JZLP said:

True. He's practically speaking the lyrics. His voice sounds almost exactly like mine and I have no singing ability whatsoever. XD

Edited by florez411

6 hours ago, RogueSoul said:

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but the world’s kinda on lockdown rn. Pretty sure if anyone’s got anything right now, it’s time to do stuff. i mean, surely YOU had something better to do than type that first useless, unproductive comment.

Though i’m pretty sure someone would’ve done it anyway. because we’re a community of people who love to analyze every single detail. sorry if that displeases you 🤓

Guess I was wrong. Sometimes I forget that a lot of you are still children with weird obsessions. 

On 5/16/2020 at 8:14 AM, Broman said:

Well, yes, there are two different things at play here. One - the album is extremely overproduced and I think that plays into the problem of the mixing being bad. The guests on the entire album are not very audible at all, but perhaps that was intentional. It's a shame with how quality the guest list is that they couldn't turn them all up a little bit. However, like I said, they may have not wanted to on purpose (to not draw attention to the guests).

Two - Jaime was on the track just as a tribute to his dad, it wasn't a cash grab move to put him there to begin with - how could it be, when that was his dad? Although Sean is full of bullshit in many different areas, he is right when he says it was a good move to put Chester's son on a track as a nod to Chester. It's an assumption that GD made that Chester would have wanted his kids to sing on a song with him one day. And that's a pretty fair assumption to make, no matter who makes it, with Chester's track record of being SUPER pro-family (the good ones) and EXTREMELY supportive of all the children involved in his life. Remember, Draven was on a song too until he pulled back. Jaime stayed on, and did this music video too. I don't think any of those are negative things at all, those are actually some of the highlights of this project.