Grey Daze Releases "Soul Song"

lpliveusername

22 hours ago, daroker510 said:

I tried to make stems of it and you cannot hear jaimes voice at all. Such a shame it was either mixed badly or they just used his name to get buzz for the track or extra listens. By the way , what program did you use for vocal remover?

Tossed the track into Audacity and ran vocal reduction with the default values. You can also toss in a second copy of the song and invert it to make a half assed acapella (won’t always work). 

13 minutes ago, Broman said:

Tossed the track into Audacity and ran vocal reduction with the default values. You can also toss in a second copy of the song and invert it to make a half assed acapella (won’t always work). 

I TOSSED THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM DOWN THAT HOLE IN MY EYE (sorry, I could not resist to my childish self).

7 hours ago, JZLP said:

What do you mean Hahninator? Overproduced? 

This album has some minimalistic production in some tracks, like in Morei Sky 

yeah I think the production really fits the album, it’s not overproduced like, say, Out of Ashes where some songs needed a more raw and in your face approach instead of being super polished 

1 hour ago, leftshoe18 said:

Out Of Ashes had horrible production for the songs. I totally agree that a more raw sound would have fit the songs better.

Songs like my Suffering and Condemned needed a THP-like production and instead we got a super polished pop-like production... like WTF 

1 hour ago, Comfortinthepanic92 said:

Songs like my Suffering and Condemned needed a THP-like production and instead we got a super polished pop-like production... like WTF 

Thats why i prefer OOA demos over the released album. The demos that have leaked are great. 

8 hours ago, Comfortinthepanic92 said:

Totally agree on this, Fire and My Suffering demos are a lot better 

I agree with this. I also agree that the album (Out Of Ashes) was far too polished and it kind of took away from the experience. But there are a few songs that I think sounded better on Out Of Ashes, honestly. Into You, Walking In Circles and Give Me Your Name all sound better on the album, IMO. I know people will be like ‘’is this guy crazy? The WIC demo is way better!’’ but it’s really how I feel. I love the guitar solo from Amir in the bridge that isn’t on the demo. And I do think Chester nailed the vocals better, too. Into You doesn’t sound as cluttered and has a nice flow unlike the demo. And the vocals are vastly superior, as well as Give Me Your Name, even though it’s pretty similar. Morning After sounds the same to me besides quality. I bet it they had recorded Fire and My Suffering in their original compositions for the album, they would have sounded better too. Let Down though I will say does actually sound better on the demo version, even vocally. Better structure too. 

5 hours ago, LPSoldier1 said:

I agree with this. I also agree that the album (Out Of Ashes) was far too polished and it kind of took away from the experience. But there are a few songs that I think sounded better on Out Of Ashes, honestly. Into You, Walking In Circles and Give Me Your Name all sound better on the album, IMO. I know people will be like ‘’is this guy crazy? The WIC demo is way better!’’ but it’s really how I feel. I love the guitar solo from Amir in the bridge that isn’t on the demo. And I do think Chester nailed the vocals better, too. Into You doesn’t sound as cluttered and has a nice flow unlike the demo. And the vocals are vastly superior, as well as Give Me Your Name, even though it’s pretty similar. Morning After sounds the same to me besides quality. I bet it they had recorded Fire and My Suffering in their original compositions for the album, they would have sounded better too. Let Down though I will say does actually sound better on the demo version, even vocally. Better structure too. 

Agree on this, I specifically mentioned My Suffering and Fire because those 2 are better in the demo versions, about the others I agree with you, except for one thing: the demo bridge of WIC is awesome 

13 hours ago, RickyRicardo said:

Everything sounds better on Out Of Ashes. You guys are on crack. 

I’m not saying OOA is shit, I really like the album, but just saying that the raw mixing/less polished sound of the Fire and My Suffering demos fit better