Revenge of the Linkin Park

Neurotico

Michael Bay, the director of Transformers stated that Steve Jablonsky and Linkin Park are working on the score for "Revenge of the Fallen."

Excited?

Source: http://michaelbay.com/newsblog/blog.html

________________________________________________________________________________

This breaking news has now been explained further on Mike's blog:

"Linkin Park will be working on the score for Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen.

Although I wasn't at liberty to say it before, the song I've been referencing here on mikeshinoda.com in the past few weeks...is actually being done for Michael Bay's new Transformers film, due out June 24th.

In addition--and probably ever cooler--we have been offered the unique opportunity to help score the film. The song we wrote is being used as one of the themes, and we will be writing various interpolations on that theme, and trying out some other thematic ideas as part of the (very large) team scoring the film.

My bandmates and I are working with award-winning film composer (and resident ass-kicker) Hans Zimmer. We met with Hans last week, and heard some of the incredible things he and his guys have done with our new song. In the next few days, we'll be doing some work with Hans' amazing writing and recording crew.

Michael Bay has shown us select scenes from the film, and it looks incredible. I can't wait for you to see it."

Thoughts? Let's hear 'em LPL...

Edited by AndOne
Additional Source, Moved to Newswire

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay new song this June :lol: Instrumental? and/or with vocals for an original song on the transformers 2 soundtrack?

I say we will hear both: instrumental and vocal version... as mike stated on his blog: "Bass and guitar are next, meanwhile Chester and I are emailing lyric notes back and forth..." , so i guess there will also be vocal version :) Edited by Neurotico

Just read the edited post, Hans Zimmer????? One word to describe my impressement with the band right now...... DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

NNNNNNNN. Congrats guys!!!!

Wow....Michael Bay? Excited? Come on guys, this guy is the worst director of all time besides Ed Wood.

Roger: Hello, Catherine. How are you today?

Catherine: Roger! -EXPLOSION-

Jason Voorhees: Chh-chh-chh-haa-haa -EXPLOSION-

His movies don't have good plots at all, the effects are cool, that's about it. That's all he is known for. He ruined the first one, now the second one. (The first movie DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE %#!%!#% ORIGINAL THEME SONG)

Anyways, excited to hear the new music from LP. Sounds like they have been having fun with it.

From what I've seen from the trailer, I don't care for it. Now of only Crank 2 had LP working with it and a new song on it.

Please be joking. Transformers is classic.

Wow....Michael Bay? Excited? Come on guys, this guy is the worst director of all time besides Ed Wood.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by nkramar
Merged double post.

His movies don't have good plots at all, the effects are cool, that's about it. That's all he is known for. He ruined the first one, now the second one. (The first movie DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE %#!%!#% ORIGINAL THEME SONG)

Michael Bay DID destroy Jason yes, but I must say that the first Transformers was good, it had ALOT of LP in it.

Hopes for the LP Score to be gooooood!

Definitely looking forward to the movie a bit more now, but mostly out of interest for LP's part. As a fan of the original cartoons, I can't say I'd rate the first one as a good movie. Depends on what they do with this one (or subsequent sequels) to see if I change my opinion on that.

Roger: Hello, Catherine. How are you today?

Catherine: Roger! -EXPLOSION-

Anyways, excited to hear the new music from LP. Sounds like they have been having fun with it.

Michael Bay is by FAR not the worst director of all time.

Uwe Boll is the worst ever, he just got an award for worst life time achievement. He is responsible for masterpieces like Alone In The Dark, House Of The Dead, Far Cray, Postal and tons of other shitty horror movies. So much for that ^^.

About the first move, I liked it a lot, but it think they tried a lot to make it really up to the fans as much as they could, and of course you always cant make it up to everyone

/Off topic

Also I don't think LP does the ENTIRE score, just a part of it. It will be definitely interesting! I bet even without them the movie will be fuckin epic.