Revenge of the Linkin Park

Neurotico

I can see how this is going to work

Mike, Phi, Rob, Brad and Joe will work in this while Chester releases his record and tours to support it.

edit oops the release date of this move its pretty soon, so i assume that they almost finished their work =O

so im wrong

xD

Edited by LinkinJoze

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So im about to write a long ASS paragraph on this

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I friggin love Transformers. Have two jackets, grew up on them. I loved the first one. Now LP is helping with the score? thats friggin awesome man. Itd be cool to see the band do a cameo, probably not if they are done filming. But just by doing a score alone is a type of new LP music. Even if its 50-50 between them and the other score guy.

And the new song may very well end up in the official soundtrack for the movie. Why not? What I've Done was, so why not this new song? And you know a new song also means....

NEW SONG FOR THIS SUMMERS TOUR's SETLIST

So im about to write a long ASS paragraph on this

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I friggin love Transformers. Have two jackets, grew up on them. I loved the first one. Now LP is helping with the score? thats friggin awesome man. Itd be cool to see the band do a cameo, probably not if they are done filming. But just by doing a score alone is a type of new LP music. Even if its 50-50 between them and the other score guy.

And the new song may very well end up in the official soundtrack for the movie. Why not? What I've Done was, so why not this new song? And you know a new song also means....

NEW SONG FOR THIS SUMMERS TOUR's SETLIST

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be on the soundtrack. I'm sure they won't use all the different interpolations and interludes from the movie on the soundtrack, but the main song itself almost certainly will be. I wouldn't be surprised if they wound up releasing it as a video/single either, and I'm sure they'll be playing it live this summer, as their tour starts less than a month after the film comes out.

I also doubt that Hans Zimmer had anything to do with the track itself, he'll just be working with the band to come up with all the different variations on it to work into the film score, because that's his area of expertise.

Edited by Astat

Meh @ overhyped sequel to an overhyped, overrated movie.

w00t @ New LP material coming out within 2 months.

It's hard to be overrated when the movie was fucking awesome. The sequel will be fucking amazing as will the new LP song. Holy shit I'm excited.

BEST FUCKING NEWS EVER RIGHT NOW LOL

Can't wait for the film to come out, plus to get my greedy hands on the soundtrack & the score :D

Michael Bay is by FAR not the worst director of all time.

Uwe Boll is the worst ever, he just got an award for worst life time achievement. He is responsible for masterpieces like Alone In The Dark, House Of The Dead, Far Cray, Postal and tons of other shitty horror movies. So much for that ^^.

About the first move, I liked it a lot, but it think they tried a lot to make it really up to the fans as much as they could, and of course you always cant make it up to everyone

/Off topic

Also I don't think LP does the ENTIRE score, just a part of it. It will be definitely interesting! I bet even without them the movie will be fuckin epic.

1st part: About boll...I hands down 100% agree with you there.

Edited by nkramar
Merged double post.

I'm pretty excited for this. I went and saw Transformers in theaters last summer and bought the soundtrack which had What I've Done, Second To None and Technical Difficulties on it so I'm hoping the next soundtrack will have awesome tracks like that. I'm more excited for the new LP song though, I just hope it isn't instrumental.

I'm more excited for the new LP song though, I just hope it isn't instrumental.

I think we can guess that it won't be an instrumental. Sounds like this could be used as the primary single for the film (promo discs, radio play, use in trailers, etc).

We can hope to get an instrumental if the song on the soundtrack is used for the score of the film, even if it's only a partial instrumental.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Being a videographer/film producer, I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about. I have to analyze film constantly, and I know that what Michael Bay creates is nothing spectacular. Definitely not worth the hype that it gets. Perhaps I exaggerated when I said "worst director of all time", his movies are watchable - but definitely not worth the hype. When I watch his movies, I finish it with high disappointment.

Edited by rav0k

Being a videographer/film producer, I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about. I have to analyze film constantly, and I know that what Michael Bay creates is nothing spectacular. Definitely not worth the hype that it gets. Perhaps I exaggerated when I said "worst director of all time", his movies are watchable - but definitely not worth the hype. When I watch his movies, I finish it with high disappointment.

He makes good 'popcorn' movies - Good to sit there for a few hours for some semi-mindless entertainment with a big bowl of popcorn in front of you. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that if that's what you're looking for. But if you're looking for a movie with deep symbolism or a message, he ain't your director.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, I'm hoping that the first movie suffered because he had to set up some back stories for new characters (the human ones, at least). People going into this one should have already seen the previous one, so this one might see some improvement.

He makes good 'popcorn' movies - Good to sit there for a few hours for some semi-mindless entertainment with a big bowl of popcorn in front of you. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that if that's what you're looking for. But if you're looking for a movie with deep symbolism or a message, he ain't your director.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, I'm hoping that the first movie suffered because he had to set up some back stories for new characters (the human ones, at least). People going into this one should have already seen the previous one, so this one might see some improvement.

Yeah, you make a pretty good point there. I'm just more into unique, deep movies I suppose. I will still watch Transformers 2 probably, I hope it's better than the first. I just thought the actors didn't really do much justice, but the Transformers themselves were awesome.

Yeah, you make a pretty good point there. I'm just more into unique, deep movies I suppose. I will still watch Transformers 2 probably, I hope it's better than the first. I just thought the actors didn't really do much justice, but the Transformers themselves were awesome.

You've got actors paired with computer generated versions of cultural icons. Most actors are going to fail a bit, no matter how good their performance was because of the large, shiny metal robots on the screen with them. :lol:

You've got actors paired with computer generated versions of cultural icons. Most actors are going to fail a bit, no matter how good their performance was because of the large, shiny metal robots on the screen with them. :lol:

True :P

Id think that's true, I loved all the actors performances in the movie. Shia Labeouf was great, Jon Voight showed that he can still kick an alien robot's ass (tho idk any other movie in which he did that lol) ev tho he's old, and ev Anthony Anderson brought some of his comedy to the movie. Tyrese Gibson was also great.

Holy Shit When i read this i fricking jumped. Transformers was an amazing movie. This one looks even Better. I cant wait to see what LP does with the Score. This will be something very Conceptual that they will do. I wouldnt be surprised if this influences their new album.