Revenge of the Linkin Park

Neurotico

Wait so are we getting a song AND a major motion picture score?

Here's what Mike said

Although I wasn't at liberty to say it before, the song I've been referencing here on mikeshinoda.com in the past few weeks...is actually being done for Michael Bay's new Transformers film, due out June 24th.

In addition--and probably ever cooler--we have been offered the unique opportunity to help score the film. The song we wrote is being used as one of the themes, and we will be writing various interpolations on that theme, and trying out some other thematic ideas as part of the (very large) team scoring the film.

----------------------

I mean that sounds like LP wrote an original song for the movie. The song he's been referencing has the syths, loose drum work, guitars, and of course vocals ( Mike and Chester e-mailing each other lyrics). And in addition, they're going to be PART of the team that's creating the score for the movie ( which is a huge group) OR the song they wrote for the movie is going to be chopped up and used as the backdrop for the score.

Hope so :lol:

Personally, I think the song is going to sound What I've Done-ish ( meaning Chester singing solo, no screaming obviously, epic vibe to it, bridge with possibly a solo, and possibly an electronic feel to fit with the movie). In other words a Minutes to Midnights-ish track.

Edited by thesungoesdown

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY, new LP music. I've been waiting for so long just to hear some.

Technically, Lockjaw was new LP. But it hasn't really been that long. Since mid 2007, and I think it's better than waiting from Meteora to Minutes To Midnight with absolutely nothing except for Qwerty.

If you count the 90 second instrumental... Other than that its been almost 2 years since new stuff has come out... <_>

What, you don't count Bubbles as LP material?

*looks around*

Me either. :lol:

Technically, Lockjaw was new LP. But it hasn't really been that long. Since mid 2007, and I think it's better than waiting from Meteora to Minutes To Midnight with absolutely nothing except for Qwerty.

Lockjaw is iffy to me. I'd say it counts, but it's certainly debatable.

Yeah...you do have a point there.

I'm pretty sure the stuff Mike used for it was old seeds or quickly recorded, but most people will accept it as LP without a thought. I'm more inclined to list it as a demo but not really an LP demo. It's kind of a unique track when you try to categorize it.

Lockjaw was just music used for the Protools commercial, Mike just made it into a full instrumental for the LPU as a kinda "Christmas Present" as he said. I doubt that it will end up on the new album or that it is a demo, it's just a fun instrumental that he made exclusive to LP's fan club. Wow we are pretty off topic here lol.

There are songs on Linkin Park albums that don't feature all the band members, so I don't think the fact that Lockjaw was just Rob and Mike should relegate it to not being a Linkin Park song.

There are songs on Linkin Park albums that don't feature all the band members, so I don't think the fact that Lockjaw was just Rob and Mike should relegate it to not being a Linkin Park song.

True. However, unless there's an obvious exception that I'm missing, all of those other tracks were officially released and can be categorized within LP's discography. This is the first one that I can think of that's likely to be a web release only.

Wow....Michael Bay? Excited? Come on guys, this guy is the worst director of all time besides Ed Wood.

i guess you don't know uwe boll, he's the worst director of all time! he killed in like 5 years like 8 franchises XD who else can do that?

Great news!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for new LP music although I don't really like Michael Bay's movie.

Pearl Harbor is horrible..........

But LP with Hans Zimmer sounds wonderful.

Hans Zimmer is a great composer.

I dont care if he is or not is a good director

I just want new music!

Heck yeah, this is awesome im so ready to hear just a little teaser of the song(s).

Its going to be interesting to see what they do. Probably 1 new song and all the songs Hans does will be centered around that music. When I got the email on my phone I spazzed for a second.

EDIT: I know its not likely...but http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54834 their will be some special screenings of a new Transformers 2 trailer Wed. could the new song be featured? Prob not because it still sounds like a work in progress...

Edited by BrandonR24