What are your plans for Friday?

Trumtram

All of us dealt with what happened almost one year ago in our own way.

As I have set my plans for Friday I was wondering if you guys and girls have anything planned for the day.

I'm sure it will be a tough one for all of us. Maybe someone might come up with an idea to help you get through it or inspire you to do something you will see fit. So feel free to share your plans and ideas :).

I'll be working all day long, so... I think it will be just another day but with a lot of emotional weight associated.

same, plus alcohol

stages I'm sure I'll go through- shock, grief, denial, reminiscing alot, confusion, hate, etc.

Edited by loulax07

I might make like a 20 song playlist for the day of Chester stuff to listen to throughout the day. And I like what Loulax said, it will be a day of stages all in one day. It's been a year and I still don't think I have healed at all from it.

I might make like a 20 song playlist for the day of Chester stuff to listen to throughout the day. And I like what Loulax said, it will be a day of stages all in one day. It's been a year and I still don't think I have healed at all from it.

I agree too. And i’m not entirely certain if I’ve healed either to be honest.

i'll watch MTV World Stage Monterrey

my very first concert!!! ;)

share it please

I agree too. And i’m not entirely certain if I’ve healed either to be honest.

I can't see how anyone could have, but then again I wouldn't judge someone who has. Everyone goes through their own experiences.

On the ride to work today for whatever reason I was trying to imagine what it was like during his few days leading up to the 20th. How much pain someone is in. How much could be going through someone's mind.... crazy

I can't see how anyone could have, but then again I wouldn't judge someone who has. Everyone goes through their own experiences.

It's not only that but such a day will always get you because it's inevitable. No matter what way you choose to deal with it, this one gets you.

I really like Geki's approach here. Smash all the great stuff in a playlist and see where it goes. At the very least it's a way to honor everything we all love about the guy and maybe it helps someone else on their journey.

I'm going to do my best to celebrate Chester's life. Watch my favorite LP shows, listen to my favorite LP/Chester songs. etc. As weird as it sounds, I'm going to try and make Friday a happy day. I feel like that's the way he'd want us to remember him. It'll definitely be a tough one. Kind of crazy to think it's been a year already.

For me, I think it won't be a very special day. I mean all the time throughout the days when I think about Chester, when I listen to him, when I see him, when I read something of him I feel this strange kind of a mixture between pain, sorrow, happiness and esteem :)

That won't be harder just because it is one year on that day. I am at point now where I can say I let the worst grief behind me. I still have to deal with my sorrow, but on a level I am going have for the rest of my life.

So I am going to do what I do like 5 days a week - spend my time with LP concerts, and maybe I'll burn a little candle :)

BTW: Here is a pretty nice tribute in English from a German radio station you can check out on Friday (or now):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sx-IJI5LXY

As soon as I get done with work, I'm going to look for a Hybrid Theory shirt at Hot Topic, then come home, blast his music throughout the house, and then post an essay about Chester's impact on my life that I've been working on for the past few weeks. He was too much of an inspiration for me not to pay some kind of tribute to him on the anniversary of his tragic death. It's going to be a hard day to get through.

Edited by kcg

Unfortunately I'm going to be working on Friday. I still find myself breaking down on occasion and I already know it's going to be a difficult day.

Friday morning I'm releasing a remix EP to help honor his legacy. The description on the uploads includes a link to the One More Light fund and the EP itself includes a remix I was working on the morning of Chester's death before I heard the news. I felt it was fitting to finally release it as a part of this project.

When I get home I'll probably watch Rock Am Ring 2004. It's been my favorite LP show for years and I always enjoy watching Chester kick ass on stage. I was thinking of also watching the tribute show from last October but I don't know how I'll be feeling at the end of the day.

Edited by leftshoe18

i'll watch MTV World Stage Monterrey

my very first concert!!! ;)

share it please

I might not actually make a playlist. It'd be too hard to do. So many songs from everything he has done. I'll probably just be playing live shows and stuff. The main albums, etc.

I´ll gonna work tomorrow all day. In the evening definitely gonna hear Linkin Park/Radio show who gonna play in honor of Chester.

On Saturday I´ll go to my city´s LP Memorial and meet some other fans, music, picnic and fun.

I´ll gonna work tomorrow all day. In the evening definitely gonna hear Linkin Park/Radio show who gonna play in honor of Chester.

On Saturday I´ll go to my city´s LP Memorial and meet some other fans, music, picnic and fun.

This sounds like a really solid plan! I'm more on the side of the getting-intoxicated-party and will also attend a LP party at a local club later on but yeah, I like your take on it :)

It's going to be tough, I've been dreading this day for a while now. Been feeling pretty down lately thinking about it all and wondering what my mind state is going to be like on the 20th.

I know for sure that after work I don't want to see or talk to anyone. I've debated being with someone, but I'm honestly going to be a mess and the thought of people feeling sorry for me drives me insane. My friends have gotten to know LP through me and know a decent amount of their music, but since they're pretty casual fans they obviously aren't effected by this day as much as I am. They probably have no idea right now what tomorrow is, they'll probably find out the day of when they see Facebook posts and such. Which is completely cool and all. I would just rather prefer to be with people who feel what I feel. I wish Toronto had a fan meeting/tribute event.

I'll go home after work, start drinking, put on the Hollywood Bowl tribute show, go through old photos and listen to DSP's. Hopefully all of the above will keep me in a bittersweet mood instead of taking my mind to a dark place. I've never loved or enjoyed anything in my life as much as I enjoy LP, so here's to hoping it will be okay.

Edited by Catalyst619

Come on guys, please dont drown in alcohol.

I know it's hard for all of us, but the alc doesnt make it better.

take care of yourself

I seriously second that. I have some light plans aswell, but shooting yourself over the moon won't help much. Let's all appreciate the fact that we can listen to his voice or see him perform literally anytime we want, no one will ever take that away. Try to see the positive in that.

It'll be the day in 20 minutes over here, so... take care!

I will spend this day with my girl, we'll go to cinema, i will go to gym on morning, it will be hard but we need to move on, and remember alcochol, won't help you, it will worst the thing, so don;t drink get from home with friends :)