Chester Tribute Show, Guests, & More

hahninator

So in the past few weeks, Mike went to see Paramore and Imagine Dragons live (and it seems he talked with Hayley Williams). Yesterday he hung out with Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy and Jared Leto at the Blade Runner 2049 premiere. Would be great to see some of these guys at the memorial event. Paramore finishes Tour Two on October 23, Jared isn't busy with 30STM and I'm pretty sure most of the rest of the year will be working on the band's new record. Fall Out Boy and Imagine Dragons are both touring then (hell, I'm seeing Imagine Dragons the day before I fly to LA lol) so they're out, but Hayley and Jared would be awesome to see with the band.

The show needs female presence... Hayley is the one... very likely also she's signed to Warner so somehow that helps too... which song do you think that she can do?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show needs female presence... Hayley is the one... very likely also she's signed to Warner so somehow that helps too... which song do you think that she can do?

I'm thinking about this video and just thinking of some possibilities:

Granted, this was 7 years ago, but her voice is still very powerful. I can see her doing something any of these from the top of my head, and not choosing any songs that we know others will play:

• My December
  • Pushing Me Away
  • Somewhere I Belong
  • Leave Out All The Rest
  • Waiting For The End
  • Lost In The Echo
  • In My Remains
  • Burn It Down
  • Castle Of Glass
  • Powerless
  • Until It's Gone
  • Final Masquerade
  • Sharp Edges

The way I see it, she would be great on any song that has a softer verse and an explosive, higher chorus (or in some cases, just a song with a big alternative chorus)

The show needs female presence...

Kiiara is literally performing at the show. I'm sure the band picked who they wanted to pick. I think Kiiara deserves to be there more than Hayley from Paramore does. She was featured on one of Linkin Park's biggest singles since New Divide which was forever ago and she has performed on some big TV shows, etc. with the band. She also wrote very heartfelt things about Chester after he passed. I think she deserves to be there.

Unless of course you mean you want more female presence than just Kiiara. In that case, Hayley would be a good person to choose.

Granted, this was 7 years ago, but her voice is still very powerful. I can see her doing something any of these from the top of my head, and not choosing any songs that we know others will play:

• My December
  • Pushing Me Away
  • Somewhere I Belong
  • Leave Out All The Rest
  • Waiting For The End
  • Lost In The Echo
  • In My Remains
  • Burn It Down
  • Castle Of Glass
  • Powerless
  • Until It's Gone
  • Final Masquerade
  • Sharp Edges

The way I see it, she would be great on any song that has a softer verse and an explosive, higher chorus (or in some cases, just a song with a big alternative chorus)

In favor of her performing any of those except for Powerless. Powerless is way too sacred to ever have anyone ever sing it. It's perfect the way it is on the album. Not sure I would have even wanted to hear a live version with Chester because it's 100% perfection.

• My December
  • Pushing Me Away
  • Somewhere I Belong
  • Leave Out All The Rest
  • Waiting For The End
  • Lost In The Echo
  • In My Remains
  • Burn It Down
  • Castle Of Glass
  • Powerless
  • Until It's Gone
  • Final Masquerade
  • Sharp Edges

Soul, what a wonderful post.. thaks dude! those are my picks for Hayley... definitely LOATR album version is my favorite option... that big chorus would sound great with Hayley's voice!

Kiiara is literally performing at the show. I'm sure the band picked who they wanted to pick. I think Kiiara deserves to be there more than Hayley from Paramore does. She was featured on one of Linkin Park's biggest singles since New Divide which was forever ago and she has performed on some big TV shows, etc. with the band. She also wrote very heartfelt things about Chester after he passed. I think she deserves to be there.

Unless of course you mean you want more female presence than just Kiiara. In that case, Hayley would be a good person to choose.

In favor of her performing any of those except for Powerless. Powerless is way too sacred to ever have anyone ever sing it. It's perfect the way it is on the album. Not sure I would have even wanted to hear a live version with Chester because it's 100% perfection.

It wouldn't hurt anyone to have the biggest female rock singer of our era at the show of the best singer of our generation... also she has been very vocal against suicide.. pretty sure that she connected with Mike.

urR77mr.jpg

Powerless: that song will never get a debut in any form, don't worry.

Edited by JZE

I don't care who performs, it shouldn't be a competition of this person is better than that person. This is LP's dedication to Chester. Anyone who wants to come that LP invites should be able to come. Personally I didn't know Chester meant so much to some of these folks, like No Doubt for example.

Papa Roach is out since they're in Europe but they said at a M&G this week they were really bummed they couldn't make it, they wanted to be there.

Haley from Paramore would be cool. I'm sure Mike has invited everyone that we have assumed/guessed, and all the obvious ones. It's just who will actually show up or can show up. Right now I am shocked Leto and Aoki aren't in. I thought they'd be the two biggest confirmations ASAP.

My instinct is telling me Jay-Z and Corey Taylor show up as surprises the day of the show and they haven't announced them because they are just *MASSIVE* guests. I could easily be wrong.

Another curveball - Zedd is joining the band and will play drums on a song.

That's a HUGE name added to the bill in terms of popularity. Guess every one who we're thinking that'll join who hasn't already announced is still fair game.

We can start piecing together some setlist stuff now I guess. Some are still uncertain but here's some things we can expect:

• M. Shadows & Synyster Gates: Guilty All The Same?
  • Blink-182: Bleed It Out, Numb
  • Kiiara: Heavy, Burn It Down?
  • Ryan Key: What I've Done, Shadow Of The Day?
  • Oliver Sykes: Faint?
  • Machine Gun Kelly: Bleed It Out, Numb?
  • Daron Malakian, Shavo Odadjian, & John Dolmayan: Rebellion?
  • Jonathan Davis & Brian Welch: One Step Closer?
  • Jon Green: Nobody Can Save Me
  • Adrian Young & Tom Dumont: What I've Done, Numb
  • Zedd: could be literally anything (probably a poppier single)

and those we're thinking may also show up:
  • Corey Taylor: From The Inside?
  • Jared Leto: Crawling? Burn It Down?
  • Hayley Williams: lots of options
  • Steve Aoki: A Light That Never Comes, Darker Than Blood, the mashup of the two

Geki, you should fly out. I have an extra ticket if you're interested bro. Would be epic watching the show with you lol

If Geki isn't interested, this offer is valid for anyone else wanting to go. Please PM me but know that I am only selling a (1) ticket because a person in our group dropped out and I am only wanting face value. No bs, just watching an LP show with spraypaintninkpens.

EDIT: Ticket sold! See you all there!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

Geki, you should fly out. I have an extra ticket if you're interested bro. Would be epic watching the show with you lol

If Geki isn't interested, this offer is valid for anyone else wanting to go. Please PM me but know that I am only selling a (1) ticket because a person in our group dropped out and I am only wanting face value. No bs, just watching an LP show with spraypaintninkpens.

I really don't have the money at all. Been a really tough year for me in every way possible, even before Chester's death, and it doesn't show any sign of letting up. I did say in my original post that I wouldn't feel entirely at home there since there are definitely bigger fans out there than me - many of the people that posted here - because I don't really ''love'' all of their music, but I would still enjoy going. I also have commitments that wouldn't allow me to go, people depend on me. It sucks all around... but what can you do. I hope I'll at least be able to watch some of it on YouTube after it happens, etc.

Anyways, thank you very much for the offer. I really appreciate it. You've always been a really cool member of this site. Someone should definitely take you up on that offer.

Another curveball - Zedd is joining the band and will play drums on a song.

That's a HUGE name added to the bill in terms of popularity. Guess every one who we're thinking that'll join who hasn't already announced is still fair game.

We can start piecing together some setlist stuff now I guess. Some are still uncertain but here's some things we can expect:

• M. Shadows & Synyster Gates: Guilty All The Same?
  • Blink-182: Bleed It Out, Numb
  • Kiiara: Heavy, Burn It Down?
  • Ryan Key: What I've Done, Shadow Of The Day?
  • Machine Gun Kelly: Bleed It Out, Numb?
  • Jonathan Davis & Brian Welch: One Step Closer?
  • Jon Green: Nobody Can Save Me
  • Adrian Young & Tom Dumont: What I've Done, Numb
  • Zedd: could be literally anything (probably a poppier single)

and those we're thinking may also show up:

• Corey Taylor: From The Inside?
  • Jared Leto: Crawling? Burn It Down?
  • Hayley Williams: lots of options
  • Steve Aoki: A Light That Never Comes, Darker Than Blood, the mashup of the two

I'm not sure if all the guests listed will actually perform, but they might. I could see Jonathan Davis doing One Step Closer, Oli Sykes on something heavy off of HT or Meteora, possibly even BIO. I could see Kiiara obviously doing Heavy, which I'm sure will be performed in some fashion. I can't see Jon Green doing Nobody Can Save Me, maybe he will, and maybe Mike will sing the song? I think Mike could for sure sing that song, but who knows. Blink-182 will probably do like Numb, since Mark Hoppus has done Numb with the band before. Ryan Key will probably do WID, despite how badly it sounded at Warped Tour, IMO. No offense to anyone who liked him on the song. He did SOTD, right? That one might be better, and it's a fitting song. WID is just too ''Chester'' to me, I just feel like that's one of those songs that has Chester's signature all over it. SOTD, I've heard some great covers of it. A7X doing GATS would be sick, but not sure if they'd do that one. A7X and THP just seem like a fit.

Bleed It Out is probably the best song for collaborators. The band has literally said that in the past, that they can add anything into Bleed It Out. It's for sure one of my favorite songs of all time. But I could see MGK doing his rap in BIO, Travis Barker doing a drum solo in BIO, a number of the guests doing a lot of shit during it.

I really don't have the money at all. Been a really tough year for me in every way possible, even before Chester's death, and it doesn't show any sign of letting up. I did say in my original post that I wouldn't feel entirely at home there since there are definitely bigger fans out there than me - many of the people that posted here - because I don't really ''love'' all of their music, but I would still enjoy going. I also have commitments that wouldn't allow me to go, people depend on me. It sucks all around... but what can you do. I hope I'll at least be able to watch some of it on YouTube after it happens, etc.

Anyways, thank you very much for the offer. I really appreciate it. You've always been a really cool member of this site. Someone should definitely take you up on that offer.

Damn, I hear you. Sorry to hear about everything. I have also had a rough year but I'm close enough that I figured what the hell? I wouldn't say there are bigger fans out there than us, we just liked LP in a different era is all. I'm going to sort of close a chapter in my life. It's going to be weird as hell not seeing Chester on the stage and I don't know that I'm ready for that so I was hoping to have a person who's been a fan for a long ass time go with me. You immediately came to mind.

Take care, buddy. I hope things quickly improve for you.

I doubt Oli would handle Faint, maybe if Jonathan (the keyboard player in BMTH) would help out. I think that APFMH, would be a more appropiate song for him, since the singing parts are relatively easy, and there are screaming parts which would fit more his style of singing.

Isn't Serj Tankian performing? if so why?

I doubt Oli would handle Faint, maybe if Jonathan (the keyboard player in BMTH) would help out. I think that APFMH, would be a more appropiate song for him, since the singing parts are relatively easy, and there are screaming parts which would fit more his style of singing.

It's actually Jordan, not Jonathan.

I think he can handle Faint. LP is his favorite band and he got the chance to perform with them, so I think he's gonna put his best into the performance. Anyways, we'll see how it goes in two weeks.

Serj can't even stand to be around his bandmates enough to work on the SOAD album that's been in the works for the last two years. Unless he's phoning in half-assed vocal performances for a paycheck via a SOAD tour riding on the coattails of his success from 15 years ago, he wants nothing to do with them.

(Can you tell I don't like Serj? Lol)

Echosmith won't do BID the chorus is way too high for her they need something soft like My December she would sound great on that one... what about a collab with Kiiara on Heavy?

I didnt see this one coming but it's awesome for me!

All the gear is back at Third Encore. Shit's getting real now! https://twitter.com/digbyjim/status/919634707976830977

First rehearsal at Third Encore without Chester omg that must be a devastating experience!

Echosmith won't do BID the chorus is way too high for her they need something soft like My December she would sound great on that one... what about a collab with Kiiara on Heavy?

I didnt see this one coming but it's awesome for me!

First rehearsal at Third Encore without Chester omg that must be a devastating experience!

Hopefully today will give the band the push they need to carry on and make a new album and tour, etc. They can do it as a 5 piece.